DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transparent Mavic Air 2 With Controller?

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Ran across this in a FB Group! If you had a choice, would you purchase this version?
FFC0A0AF-5650-420F-A08D-8BC7AD1CF131.jpeg
E0979FF8-020B-4DD2-AE72-658D817B78B9.jpeg
I kinda really like it! Place some LEDs inside would be very cool!

• Love
Reactions: lee82gx and Skyfli
It would certainly help to locate exactly where to drill the hole, to muffle the way-too-loud and annoying speaker volume on the RC! Thumbswayup

Reactions: Drone Master
The drone looks slick, but I feel like the controller looks a little too plasticy and cheap with the clear gimbals and the lack of the textured feel. Also, that thing is probably a nightmare to locate on a bright sunny day. I will pass.

Not my thing . . . though that's not much sway. What is important is what kind of clear plastic they used, assuming you actually want to fly it and it's not just for display. Acrylic (trade name Plexiglas) is clear and resistant to UV, however it's relatively brittle, doesn't do impacts well. Polycarbonate (trade name Lexan), is mechanically strong but doesn't do UV well - it also scratches relatively easily and is near impossible to buff out, as one can easily do with Plexi.

look good with a nice skin on ,i'm all for transparency but that's a step to far if it came down you would never find the darn thing

Not my thing . . . though that's not much sway. What is important is what kind of clear plastic they used, assuming you actually want to fly it and it's not just for display. Acrylic (trade name Plexiglas) is clear and resistant to UV, however it's relatively brittle, doesn't do impacts well. Polycarbonate (trade name Lexan), is mechanically strong but doesn't do UV well - it also scratches relatively easily and is near impossible to buff out, as one can easily do with Plexi.
From my time with Mavic air and Mavic pro, I’ve always seen that the plastics used by DJI is standard PC. At least the mould markings say so. Usually we’d still inject transparent resin of a similar compound to ensure the moulding shrinkage stays the same, so it’s likely the prototype in TS posts is PC too.

i would love that, would deff light it up big time. Just wonder how it would look and hold up under exposure to UV. My guess it would become brittle and I dont have to guess that it would yellow over time. But perhaps a good automotive head light wrap, something like EXPEL would prevent all of that and it would still be clear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece