DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best place to register

flyrtk

Reactions
I went to register my drone today and then realized there are many websites where I can register it. Is there any advantage to using sites like federaldroneregistration.com or drone-registration.net or should I just use the FAA website? I see the FAA charges $5 per drone. These other sites don't mention a cost, but i'm sure they will spring it on me right near the end.

I went to register my drone today and then realized there are many websites where I can register it. Is there any advantage to using sites like federaldroneregistration.com or drone-registration.net or should I just use the FAA website? I see the FAA charges $5 per drone. These other sites don't mention a cost, but i'm sure they will spring it on me right near the end.
Here! This is all you need!
Register Your Drone

The other sites are just 3rd party. $5.00 is all it should cost you.

Just use the FAA website ! No need to pay exorbitant fees to another website that will just be doing the same thing you can do for $5.00

One fee and you are assigned an FAA Registration number that can be used on all of your drones!

Reactions: Drone Master
Is there any advantage to using sites like federaldroneregistration.com or drone-registration.net or should I just use the FAA website?
Not for the registration itself. If you want to buy the extras they are throwing in, then go buy them after registering with the FAA yourself.

Just use the FAA website ! No need to pay exorbitant fees to another website that will just be doing the same thing you can do for $5.00

One fee and you are assigned an FAA Registration number that can be used on all of your drones!
Registration is also for three years only currently.