DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best SIMPLE editing software recommendations..

Hi folks..
Would there be any obvious suggestions for a simple editor.?
I want to take a 6 min vid, cut about half of it out, then put some music on top.
I know i know...some things in life i get very easily...other stuff i can't tell up from down..!
Cheers ..!!
I have used “Cute Cut Pro” on the lap top very successfully. The friend that suggested this app uses it on his phone and tablet.
It was easy to use and gave me features such as voice over, music layover and text layover and it allowed me to bring in photos.
I could lay out three video tracks and edit between them to create one multiple angle video.
I thought this app was easy to learn and manipulate..
I believe it was about $35. There is or was a free version so make a trial run and then decide.

Pat

Reactions: MavicMikeK
Thanks Pat..
I will investigate that later..it certainly sounds like it might be at the right level..
Its daft really..if i could sit and have someone spend 10 minutes showing me in real life i would pick it up no bother, but my brain works just that little bit too fast to have patience trying to self learn from youtube..one of the very few things in life that can actually make me feel anger lol..!!!

While we're on the subject of YouTube, is there a reason when I upload a 1080p video, YouTube insists on playing it at 360P unless you go to settings and choose 1080? This is annoying because if I post a 1080p on YouTube and share it, when my friends open on their iPad, it starts playing in 360P and of course, no where near as clear as 1080P?

While we're on the subject of YouTube, is there a reason when I upload a 1080p video, YouTube insists on playing it at 360P unless you go to settings and choose 1080? This is annoying because if I post a 1080p on YouTube and share it, when my friends open on their iPad, it starts playing in 360P and of course, no where near as clear as 1080P?

It depends on your internet connection what quality youtube defaults to. Using google chrome seems to give you the ability to watch higher quality videos then otherwise allowed.

Google and Apple are going through a dispute about the best codec to use for high quality video streaming. Apple is trying to force google’s hand by not allowing safari to view the codec google wants to use. It’s BS

Just putting this out there.. I am new to this also, but quickly getting addicted! Please don't crucify me when my upcoming questions come in reference to best editing software and best software for adding music and editing the same!! You guys are a wealth of info that I plan to make use of!! LOL
FLY ON!!

@brett8883. Thanks, I will watch the tutorial and give it another try. I think I was just getting frustrated because I was tired and thought there was a quick intuitive way to edit my drone video in a few minutes with imovie but I was wrong. There obviously is a learning curve even with the simple editors.

Ok I found the most simple, easy and basic video video editor in the world. And you’ll never guess what’s it’s called... Youtube!

YouTube now has a video editor online within YouTube Studio. It allows you to trim, cut, add music(even has a free music library), add titles, fades and more! Doesn’t get any simpler. Upload your video and then edit away! I can’t stress how basic it is but hey that’s what you asked for right? And for you Gav we talked about how you wanted to start uploading videos to YouTube anyway so this is two birds one stone! Maybe 1+0=2 after all ?

Ok I found the most simple, easy and basic video video editor in the world. And you’ll never guess what’s it’s called... Youtube!

YouTube now has a video editor online within YouTube Studio. It allows you to trim, cut, add music(even has a free music library), add titles, fades and more! Doesn’t get any simpler. Upload your video and then edit away! I can’t stress how basic it is but hey that’s what you asked for right? And for you Gav we talked about how you wanted to start uploading videos to YouTube anyway so this is two birds one stone! Maybe 1+0=2 after all ?

That sounds awesome, I'm going to give it a go too, thanks @brett8883

Reactions: brett8883

I'm glad I took the time to read the replies before commenting, for once! I was going to say this as well. The YouTube app is super easy to use.

By the way
very simple and very handy editor comes with DJI Mimo app. Very simple to work with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J