DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best traveling case for the mavic pro?

Harrisonw

Reactions
I am traveling to Australia in 3 months and I want a portable case potentially a backpack for my mavic. I have seen a ton of options online but I wanted to poll the forum for y'alls thoughts.

I appreciate your feedback!

You can get a wide range of recommendations that fit all kinds of situations and needs. What else do you plan to pack into a backpack and/or portable case? Identifying your needs will help others with their recommendations. I personally love the MindShift Professional Rotation backpack.

rotation180° Professional 38L

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilotsi

Reactions: Harrisonw
Most likely the mavic, 3 batteries , controller, potentially small dslr, wallet, and water bottle. I'm sure there are more things i am not thinking about.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using MavicPilots mobile app

Most likely the mavic, 3 batteries , controller, potentially small dslr, wallet, and water bottle. I'm sure there are more things i am not thinking about.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using MavicPilots mobile app

Smaller MindShift backpack with this list. Something like the Horizon or Panorama may work. These bags, including Professional, have a waist bag that rotates to the front for those moments you want to get a shot. You can store the Mavic and other items in the top portion. I liked this feature a lot without having to remove the backpack and quickly capture the moment.

I visited Australia a couple years ago and loved it. Also went to New Zealand.

59f08d2222ae790f282a82fd924dea1d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Harrisonw

Hello, and welcome to the forum and soon Australia !
Where do you plan visiting ?

I have a LowePro Droneguard BP250
Plenty of places worldwide sell them with a quick google.

It made fro the MP / MPP specifically . . . takes the MP (props fitted) and Flymore gear, controller has spot with control arm protection, have a forth battery, ipad mini 4, can take regular ipad also, go pro session 5, and all spares like props and cords chargers for both, 4200 powerbank, nisi filter set, there's a phone pocked in front strap for easy access, still room for a good lunch, light rain shell, 2 pockets on sides can take a couple of lt water bottles if needed, normally 2 x 600ml do me.

I'm sure you could fit a small dslr in the main top part of the pack, just a matter of priority for purpose I guess.

Loads of pack threads on this forum, try a search too.
This one came up about my pack just looking Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250 Backpack for DJI Mavic

Another good recent thread Backpack for hiking
Particularly interesting was this pack with built in rain cover (I have a good separate cover I put on mine if needed, but generally I'm not flying on those sort of days anyway :) ) I do like the look of this one too though . . . Drone Trekker Backpack

Plenty of great places to fly here, download app (link>) 'Can I Fly There' , depending on when you are coming new drone pilot licence and registration may not be needed, you may have to do a simple test on our local rules form CASA (HERE), and many states national parks are like the US, you can't take off or land from the ground within a park.
Queensland and Western Australia are exceptions, you can fly in those states parks within CASA guidelines.
Other parks vary, sometimes if isolated area, and a parks office is near, you can ask for simple permission to film (with common sense they will possibly ok it).

Many local councils around Australia have the same rules, but I don't see hardly any No Drones signs about.

There are NFZ's in heavily airspace busy places like the whole of Sydney Harbour.

Enjoy the trip, despite a few over regulated areas (generally for safety and sensible) we are lucky to have a vast sometimes sparsely populated country where we can fly in relative peace.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS