DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backpack for hiking

Bl4ze87

Reactions
Hello guys, any advice for a good backpack (eu based store only) for carry the mavic 2 zoom, controller, 2 extra battery, an ipad and some stuff for a one day hike?
Thanks

Get a DSLR camera pack, “drone packs” are overpriced and don't come with the really good cell padding options that camera packs have.

Reactions: STUFF2C
Lowepro Droneguard BP250 would probably be perfect. Holds everything you need, has dedicated protection for your iPad, plus a top compartment for other things you need on the hike. It's also a very light bag and the hard shell structure will help protect your gear if you fall. Expandable water bottle holders on the side, as well as a hip and sternum strap.

Lowepro Droneguard BP250 would probably be perfect. Holds everything you need, has dedicated protection for your iPad, plus a top compartment for other things you need on the hike. It's also a very light bag and the hard shell structure will help protect your gear if you fall. Expandable water bottle holders on the side, as well as a hip and sternum strap.

Yep, love mine, take all flymore + 4th battery, gopro, lots of little things like powerpack to recharge devices, and a bit of kit for walking like a light rain jacket and lunch, first aid etc.

I have it for my MP, and BP250 should be a perfect bag for the M2Z too.
There are 2 similar models with nearly same codes, this is the one I have . . .
DroneGuard BP 250

It's not on @msinger list in the link from what I can see.

Thanks for all the reply!
I ve also saw this Manfrotto
In a video i ll fit the mavic with 3 battery and a mirrorless, and seem ti have good space for other stuff
The choice will be between these 2

I use a backpack left over from my activer duty days. Inside is the original box my M2Z came in that holds most of the goodies. What isn't in the box is a 7.85" Crystalsky chargers and other doodads stored in other comparrtments. The CS is inside one of those padded blue and white envelops Amazon ships stuff in. You can buy the almost identical bag on Amazon for under $20. I paid way more than that many years ago at the Marine exchange at Camp Lejune when I did a TDY gig with them.backpack.jpg

I consider myself to be rather frugal. My wife considers me to be extremely cheap.

There are some other threads on this subject and in one or two of them, I've suggested that I finally found a use for the Fly-More case. I had tossed it in the closet as too small and too soft for transporting my Zoom and got a hard case for car or eventual plane travel.

But last week I decided to take my drone on a hike to a snowy lake. But while sunny, it was still cold and I wanted my usual dayhike 10 essentials and mittens, hat, pile jacket etc for standing around. So I grabbed the Fly-more case, packed it with drone, two extra batteries, the Smart Controller, strobe lights, extra props and then stowed that in my Osprey Talon day pack. Lots of room for my ten essentials, felt the drone was well-protected by the DJI case and my day pack. The DJI Fly-more case is pricey but as part of the extra battery, etc package it was probably reasonable.

Get a DSLR camera pack, “drone packs” are overpriced and don't come with the really good cell padding options that camera packs have.

Sorry to disagree, but my LowePro Droneguard BP250 is high quality, just as well padded as either of my Think Tank DSLR bags, and it’s specifically configured for the Mavic. At $100 it’s a good buy.

Love mine!!

Even though there are Lowepro DSLR pacs with the same customizable compartments and sizes as their drone bags for almost half the cost, I ended up getting a slightly more expensive waterproof (and dust proof) Lowepro DSLR bag, it serves double duty with my camera when I put the drone away in a hard case for travel and storage:

DryZone DF 20 Waterproof Camera Duffle Bag From Lowepro – Protect Your Camera And Gear From Even The Most Wet Conditions

Amazon.com: DryZone DF 20 Waterproof Camera Duffle Bag From Lowepro – Protect Your Camera And Gear From Even The Most Wet Conditions: Camera & Photo

I’ve been using the Polar Pro backpack, on summer hikes I take P4P, on my winter hikes I take M2P so I have more room for cold weather gear. It’s held up very well, and has separate compartment on outside that I can keep gloves, hats, crampons without having to open other side with drone and other electronics. Even has nice attachment points on outside to secure my snowshoes. It’s great, and not too big either. Has worked well for 10-14 hour mountain climbs.

Attachments

• B1C37588-0F56-4308-9937-C2CB55A4CE3C.jpeg
    B1C37588-0F56-4308-9937-C2CB55A4CE3C.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: ff22
I’ve been using the Polar Pro backpack, on summer hikes I take P4P, on my winter hikes I take M2P so I have more room for cold weather gear. It’s held up very well, and has separate compartment on outside that I can keep gloves, hats, crampons without having to open other side with drone and other electronics. Even has nice attachment points on outside to secure my snowshoes. It’s great, and not too big either. Has worked well for 10-14 hour mountain climbs.

Nice image. Looks like a good pack:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31