DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Video Card for 4K Editing Right Now

moldorf

Reactions
I know it has probably been asked and answered a bunch, but right now, July 2022, what is the best video card for 4K video editing/rendering if you don't bust over the $600 mark? And if you use DaVinci Resolve a lot?

I seriously need to upgrade my GPU, but I also seriously don't want to spend a fortune. I'd prefer the $500 ceiling but understand that might not be advisable

I was looking at this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...SJLSG&linkId=f3d91bc216ea13b7527a33d6b16d836d

I have a Win10 system that is pretty powerful but like a fool I 'saved' money on the GPU

A. With the collapse of Crypto, video cards are just starting to come down in price. You'll probably find a better price if you wait a few more weeks.

B. The card you posted is overpriced. Bestbuy had a 3070 for $500 but it sold out a few days ago. So you're paying an extra $50 for 40%-50% better performance. Check slickdeals.com daily for a good price and jump on it. $500 is a good price for a 3070.

C. At $500, and assuming you use this PC for things other than editing, I wouldn't recommend a Quadro card at all.

A. With the collapse of Crypto, video cards are just starting to come down in price. You'll probably find a better price if you wait a few more weeks.

B. The card you posted is overpriced. Bestbuy had a 3070 for $500 but it sold out a few days ago. So you're paying an extra $50 for 40%-50% better performance. Check slickdeals.com daily for a good price and jump on it. $500 is a good price for a 3070.

C. At $500, and assuming you use this PC for things other than editing, I wouldn't recommend a Quadro card at all.
thanks for the reply....I guess I didn't notice it was a quadro card rather than a gtx?

thanks for the reply....I guess I didn't notice it was a quadro card rather than a gtx?
No, you're right, it was a GTX. I was just saying you don't need a Quadro for your application.

Here's the link to the BB deal. It's a good price if it comes back in stock.

LINK

I know it has probably been asked and answered a bunch, but right now, July 2022, what is the best video card for 4K video editing/rendering if you don't bust over the $600 mark? And if you use DaVinci Resolve a lot?

I seriously need to upgrade my GPU, but I also seriously don't want to spend a fortune. I'd prefer the $500 ceiling but understand that might not be advisable

I was looking at this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...SJLSG&linkId=f3d91bc216ea13b7527a33d6b16d836d

I have a Win10 system that is pretty powerful but like a fool I 'saved' money on the GPU
Consider buying the new Mac Book Pro 13 or 16 inch with the amazingly fast M2 chip.

No, you're right, it was a GTX. I was just saying you don't need a Quadro for your application.

Here's the link to the BB deal. It's a good price if it comes back in stock.

LINK
thanks for the link...I actually have 2 open PCIe4.0 slots on my Asus MB so that would have been perfect, and very fast.

Amazon is selling it for $620 so that's a no. They have a 3060 for $574, again, that's a no

I can still render 4K --> 1080 (that's my current TV) and then archive the 4K. It's just a real slow render (Davinci Resolve) and it's next to impossible to preview the before or after in 4K

I guess patience is a virtue

Consider buying the new Mac Book Pro 13 or 16 inch with the amazingly fast M2 chip.
that's really not an option...what are they new...$1600-2500?

I have an excellent and powerful Win10 desktop. I just cheap-screwed the GPU when I built it. I currently have a 1080 TV, but will probably upgrade to 4K this year sometime. I can get a new GPU and a new TV for half the cost of a Macbook

For 4K video, depending on the length these days you should be able to use just about anything. Most of my video is actually done via powerdirector20 on my msi laptop (13" btw). My desktop with 3080 non-LHR is busy cranking ETH so I hardly ever touch it lol. As folks are saying, if you want a top end card, more are becoming available every day. My local microcenter in north NJ has them in stock all the time these days and they're down in price. All ETH miners are worried the merge will put them out of bus unless they swap to RVN. I wouldn't be shocked if it gets delayed again, but you should be able to get by with anything decent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21