DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best way to look down while FPV using Litchi?

whip

Reactions
I fly FPV with Litchi most of the time, and am looking for some advice for settings.

I use the VR setting "Gimbal Head Tracking" so I can move my head up|down to move the gimbal up|down. What I'm looking for is some method, mapped to one of my custom buttons, such that I can have the gimbal look straight down.

I see there is a "Reset Gimbal" function, described in the manual as: For the Mavic/Phantom 3-4/Spark: toggles the gimbal between horizon and looking down. For the Inspire 1-2: resets the gimbal yaw.

I attempted to bind this to the 5D buttons UP/Down so I could toggle the gimbal looking forward and then straight down. Unfortunately, if I attempt to use it, the gimbal will move down, but then snap back to where my head is oriented due to "Gimbal Head Tracking"

I could get this to work if the app exposed the "Gimbal Head Tracking" as a toggle you could bind to the custom button. This way I could toggle the head tracking off, then toggle "Reset Gimbal" to have it look straight down.

Other ideas?

I think your stuck on this one. You could always map a button to look down and then mentally think "OK I am going to push the button again to bring the gimbal up I need to consciously move my head to the middle point and looking straight ahead when I do so"

I know it wont go precisely to the forward orientation at the exact same spot each time even if you position your head where you think it will be exact.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sathwik