DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BEWARE Standard M3 Amazon buyers

jonatious

Reactions
DJI on Amazon is heavily pushing you for the Fly more combo. They changed the home page to only promote Fly more combo.

There is currently no way to find the standard drone package now. Even the search is only bringing up the fly more combo.

But I purchased the standard package yesterday and I have the link and it still is available. Indeed available sooner than Fly more.

BEWARE!

Reasons for buying standard M3 drone:
1. I don’t need that $300+ drone bag, I use my own camera bag and will buy a hardshell case
2. I don’t need 3 batteries. In a single place, I can get 70 mins of flight time with just 2 batteries and I don’t think I would ever need more than that. Assuming the battery can charge to at least 50% in 35 mins, I can get another 15-20 mins from the first battery if I put it in car charger when flying with the second. This is ample amount of flight time
3. I would really like the ND filters now, but I guess I have to wait for PolarPro to launch a set soon. DJI not selling ND filters now is another way they push you to buy Fly More combo

DJI on Amazon is heavily pushing you for the Fly more combo. They changed the home page to only promote Fly more combo.

There is currently no way to find the standard drone package now. Even the search is only bringing up the fly more combo.

But I purchased the standard package yesterday and I have the link and it still is available. Indeed available sooner than Fly more.

BEWARE!

1. I don’t need that $300+ drone bag, I use my own camera bag and will buy a hardshell case
2. I don’t need 3 batteries. In a single place, I can get 70 mins of flight time with just 2 batteries and I don’t think I would ever need more than that. Assuming the battery can charge to at least 50% in 35 mins, I can get another 15-20 mins from the first battery if I put it in car charger when flying with the second. This is ample amount of flight time
3. I would really like the ND filters now, but I guess I have to wait for PolarPro to launch a set soon. DJI not selling ND filters now is another way they push you to buy Fly More combo
I had to take a peek and dang. Unreal. Godspeed, Droniac

The hilarious part of all this hype is the M3 specs a 15km range, but that is only true with the RC Pro OS3.0 controller. The drone ships with a OS2.0 controller that only has a 10km range. lol. And people are falling all over themselves to buy the hype.

The hilarious part of all this hype is the M3 specs a 15km range, but that is only true with the RC Pro OS3.0 controller. The drone ships with a OS2.0 controller that only has a 10km range. lol. And people are falling all over themselves to buy the hype.
It sucks that they would launch the drone with OS3 and base controller is outdated and old and still costs like 3 grand

This is only partially correct per the spec sheets. The Air 2S is Ocusync 3.0 and boasts a maximum range of 12KM using the Ocusync 2.0 standard controller........ now ask me if 12km is realistic.....like most DJI claims it is an unobtainable number. All it really means is that we will get more bandwidth, less dropouts and a greater distance than the last DJI drone.

O2 vs O3 refers to the transmit power of the device. The M3 will transmit the the video signal from the drone to the RC using O3 so you get the same video transmission signal no matter what RC you use. The difference between the RC Pro and the regular remote is the transmit power from the RC to the drone. Honestly you lose video signal way before you lose control signal from the RC so practically speaking there may be no observed difference between the two controllers in reality

O2 vs O3 refers to the transmit power of the device. The M3 will transmit the the video signal from the drone to the RC using O3 so you get the same video transmission signal no matter what RC you use. The difference between the RC Pro and the regular remote is the transmit power from the RC to the drone. Honestly you lose video signal way before you lose control signal from the RC so practically speaking there may be no observed difference between the two controllers in reality

According to some of DJI's writings, OS3 uses a different encoding scheme to reduce interference and improve video throughput. Something probably close to differences between N, AC, and AX. But with four antennas may also include limited beamforming.

But, the benefit of all that is limited if only one side supports the new standard.

From DJI:
How has the O3 transmission system been improved compared to OcuSync 2.0?
Equipped with a brand new transmission solution, O3 has four antennas and supports two frequency bands. It features stronger interference resistance, delivers full HD video transmission feeds at up to 12 km (when unobstructed, free of interference, and FCC-compliant), and enables more reliable transmission in cities and other complex environments.

Not all the people. Didn’t sell my M2p.

Anyone who pays what DJI is asking for the Mavic 3 is an IDIOT!.... DJI is ripping people off....The basic price may not be that bad...But the cost of the fly more and Cine upgrade is way out of bounds!..
A boycott of DJI would send a message but we all know that won't happen because to many
" just have to have the Mavic 3" eventhough the quality of the
photos and video will not be much if ANY better than they are getting from their
Mavic Pro 2 or 2s....
I would put my photos / videos up aganist any shot with the
Mavic 3 and you would not ne able to see the difference.
Now I know some will say " this guy is jus complaining because he doesn't have the $$$$$ for the Mavic 3".....,I can assure you that is not the case...I just dont like being ripped off!

BEWARE!

i agree whole hartedly i ended up buying the basic one from Best Buy and it should be here Tuesday.

Anyone who pays what DJI is asking for the Mavic 3 is an IDIOT!.... DJI is ripping people off....The basic price may not be that bad...But the cost of the fly more and Cine upgrade is way out of bounds!..
A boycott of DJI would send a message but we all know that won't happen because to many
photos and video will not be much if ANY better than they are getting from their
Mavic Pro 2 or 2s....
Now I know some will say " this guy is jus complaining because he doesn't have the $$$$$ for the Mavic 3".....,I can assure you that is not the case...I just dont like being ripped off!
Yet, many in the forum DO NOT OWN any of the Mavic's you mention. Many own the Mini Series and Air2 series, so yes it would be an upgrade for those. Is it worth it - doubtful! Esp the CINE version - which is way beyond hobby and more PRO / business. Yet, that too seems way high.

If everyone does not jump on the "latest and greatest" bandwagon - then DJI will have to do something. Look at Apple and how everyone who even had the iPhone 12, now 6-8 months later are frothing at the mouth and standing in line for hours or days to pay another $1,500 they just paid 6-8 months ago for the 13. Is it that much better? NO! But that is just my opine and my pocketbook.

DJI has not attained "cult" level like Apple or others - so they may or may not see the handwriting on the wall if and when the M3 does not sell quickly. If you look at past upgrades and still search for like the Phantom 4 Pro - it still is priced in the $1,500 - $2,000 range - which is what it was 2-3 years ago. Only drones like the Mini's and maybe some of the Air's have come down a tad in price - even after the new models are released. Until DJI has some real competition from Autel and or Yuneec if they are even a player - well DJI can ask anything it wants.

The consumer is still somewhat in charge and if we don't buy the product - what is DJI going to do?

My wallet is safe. The value for me simply isn't there with the M3. If the pricing is too high and DJI doesn't meet its sales targets, then adjustments will be made to pricing, production or both. Interesting times ahead.

Keep in mind that the FAA will soon outlaw DJI and any Chinese drone manufacturer in the USA.
Interesting. Can you provide some links to articles about that? Would be useful info to consider. Thanks.

Reactions: ssvdh66 and Droniac
Mavic Pro 2 or 2s....
“Idiot” is a bit strong imo. And personally I’m staying with my M2P and if I was to decide on the M3 in the future I’d still keep my M2P. M3 (for now) not for me. Plus the 11th commandment “thou shalt not pay retail”. Boy it does seem that they are squeezing our mmmm 🎾 tennis balls

Yet, many in the forum DO NOT OWN any of the Mavic's you mention. Many own the Mini Series and Air2 series, so yes it would be an upgrade for those. Is it worth it - doubtful! Esp the CINE version - which is way beyond hobby and more PRO / business. Yet, that too seems way high.

If everyone does not jump on the "latest and greatest" bandwagon - then DJI will have to do something. Look at Apple and how everyone who even had the iPhone 12, now 6-8 months later are frothing at the mouth and standing in line for hours or days to pay another $1,500 they just paid 6-8 months ago for the 13. Is it that much better? NO! But that is just my opine and my pocketbook.

DJI has not attained "cult" level like Apple or others - so they may or may not see the handwriting on the wall if and when the M3 does not sell quickly. If you look at past upgrades and still search for like the Phantom 4 Pro - it still is priced in the $1,500 - $2,000 range - which is what it was 2-3 years ago. Only drones like the Mini's and maybe some of the Air's have come down a tad in price - even after the new models are released. Until DJI has some real competition from Autel and or Yuneec if they are even a player - well DJI can ask anything it wants.

The consumer is still somewhat in charge and if we don't buy the product - what is DJI going to do?
I think in a short time people might become somewhat more polarized to becoming autel-igent. Depending on their needs. DJI will take notice. Will it change things? 🤷🏻 I doubt it but, Time will tell.

I think in a short time people might become somewhat more polarized to becoming autel-igent. Depending on their needs. DJI will take notice. Will it change things? 🤷🏻 I doubt it but, Time will tell.
Pretty sure Autel will follow DJI with dual camera and similar price on Evo 3 Pro, just like all companies follow Apple

Reactions: Droniac
According to some of DJI's writings, OS3 uses a different encoding scheme to reduce interference and improve video throughput. Something probably close to differences between N, AC, and AX. But with four antennas may also include limited beamforming.

But, the benefit of all that is limited if only one side supports the new standard.

From DJI:
I don’t see anything in what you cited that suggests it’s a different encoding scheme that is incompatible with the RC-N1. Reducing interference could be as simple as the increase in transmit power that I already mentioned. I’m not saying that it isn’t true, I just haven’t seen any evidence that the encoding scheme is significantly different and that the RC-N1 is not compatible with it. Honestly I think there’s a good chance occusync decoding happens in the app and not the RC at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga