DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big Bear Lake

NotMyDrone

Reactions
I had a chance to go up to Big Bear Lake in August. Just finally got around to make a quick/short video clip of the flight around the lake.

Thanks for watching. It was shot in 4k.

Nice job,
I flew up there last spring. Havn't gotten around to posting my video's
I liked the music. Who was that?
A question for you. You upload the video to UTube, then do you copy the link to this post to get it to show here?
Thanks

Nice job,
I flew up there last spring. Havn't gotten around to posting my video's
I liked the music. Who was that?
A question for you. You upload the video to UTube, then do you copy the link to this post to get it to show here?
Thanks

Thanks.

The music is from epidemic sounds. (I have a subscription with them so I can use their boat-load of music for youtube under their licensing plan.) The song is: Rainbow Falling by Johan Glossner. They also have an all-instrumental version that I use sometimes for other vids.

Almost a year ago, I thought about making more youtube vids... but alas, life doesn't afford me the time. :D

As for the video uploaded to youtube, yep. I just uploaded it after my edit to my youtube account and once it's done processing, I just copy the video link and pasted it here and the forum automatically embeds it here.

Julian

Very nice video. Thanks.
I know the area very well since I had a cabin up there for years back in the early '80s.
Did you have any issues with NFZ since you were only a bit over 6 miles from the end of the runway at BBC Airport?
You probably should have been totally OK, but DJI plays a bit loose on their NFZ boundaries.

Very nice video. Thanks.
I know the area very well since I had a cabin up there for years back in the early '80s.
Did you have any issues with NFZ since you were only a bit over 6 miles from the end of the runway at BBC Airport?
You probably should have been totally OK, but DJI plays a bit loose on their NFZ boundaries.

I was concerned with proximity of BBC Airport as well. So I actually started searching online and came across this:

Drone Information

I was so happy to see that the airport manager is pro-drone (quads) and wants to encourage safe flying/usage. That's why all the flying you see here were done on the west end of the lake and away from their NFZ.

My airbnb residence was actually closer to the SE side of the lake, just within 50-100ft of that demarcation. I did fly the drone but kept it under 50' just so I can capture the property we were staying at and kept away from the lake/airport side.

Winter is coming back to Big Bear! Here is a shot I did with a nice dusting of Sugarloaf mountain and Big Bear Lake and Baldwin lake in the distance!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc