DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big problem after accident.

Something along those lines should be good, nice one. Thumbswayup

Looks good, and hey, while flying you could use the stool :)
Landing, get up, put table on top, do the deal.

Hand launching is possibly one option to consider in general, turn off precision landing might be a good id=ea of so.
Or, you could certainly take off from a small area like that too.

No size mentioned, but knowing these type stools, and looking at the table handle, it might be a tad small.
Could place something else a little larger on top, even roll out stiff rubber mat to increase lading area.

Last edited:

I have to go with don't over think it. Ground level is everywhere, and offers large areas of taking off and landing. It quite stable too. On your drone place a loop double sided tape. You can use a wire hanger to lower and raise the drone without bending. Landing pads usually have a loop somewhere on the rim. The loop would not effect the aircraft at all.

Looked at this in the past but when you walk with sticks a backpack is a must. ?

No problems mate just running ideas past you. It’s an enjoyable challenge and there’s not much else to do these days. I was going to go fly fishing but the reservoir was packed so thought better of it and lots of places will be similar this weekend so staying in the garden At least I have a huge field behind me so can fly there,or have been given permission to fly on my golf club course that is closed at the moment for renovations :cool:

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Maybe you could have a solid handle attachment underneath to hand catch one hand ?
Left stick down or CSC one hand ?

Me thinks we are over thinking this. Velcro seems to be one the answers. As I see it, all you are really needing, is to get the craft into a position where you can deal with it. Why not put a piece of strong Velcro on the top of the craft and then get a pole or stick with the mate Velcro and just pick it up with the Velcro stick combo? The machine is light enough. Though you would want to find the center of gravity as the sweet spot. That said, that spot might also be where your battery is. Another, IMO, more sensible solution is to go on Amazon and search for “Grabber Reacher Tool”. You’ve seen these. Very helpful for variety of purposes but for your needs, it just may be the panacea. With the ”grabber”, you can then land most anyplace and just grab it with the tool. Only caveat might be the end of the actual ”grabber” may not be wide enough, though I’m willIng to bet it is. And if it isn’t, I’m also betting you can bend that sucker to be a bit wider as it doesn’t really need to fully close for your purpose.

I have the grabber things all around the house at the moment.
The trouble is I would rather use a landing pad & they require pegging down as prop wash can lift them.
Out of all the suggestions so far I have a plan forming amalgamating a few to end up with something I can use.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
If you have spare time during lockdown:

Had an accident busted up the ligaments & muscle in my leg (not drone related).
Months after the operation to fix things back up I cant kneel down.
Was already disabled due to problems with my knees, that's what caused the accident.

My problem now is that I can’t pin down a landing pad or pick my Mavic off the ground.
I had the bright idea of utilising my camera tripod by fitting something to it to use as a landing pad.
I can’t for the life of me work out a way to make something that I can fold for transport but be ridged when attached to the tripod.
It will have to fit either in or on my backpack as I have to walk with a stick in both hands.
First thought was to cut a circle of thin ply into thirds or quarters, hinge them together so they fold.
So far so good but I can’t think of a way to hold it rigid when unfolded.

You could always glue a super magnet to your drone and fix another to a piece of cord and pick it up that way.

Was already disabled due to problems with my knees, that's what caused the accident.

My problem now is that I can’t pin down a landing pad or pick my Mavic off the ground.
I had the bright idea of utilising my camera tripod by fitting something to it to use as a landing pad.
I can’t for the life of me work out a way to make something that I can fold for transport but be ridged when attached to the tripod.
It will have to fit either in or on my backpack as I have to walk with a stick in both hands.
First thought was to cut a circle of thin ply into thirds or quarters, hinge them together so they fold.

Would something like this help you to pick up the drone ?

You know Art (Artco Drone Solutions) in Colorado?

He uses a reacher grabber thing.

arcmate-specialty-hand-tools-7702-64_1000.jpg

(Probably not this one.)

tv table

If you know someone who sews you could make a pad like this with a hem around the outside edge and pockets sewn for the support members. Put a 1/4X 20 insert in the middle for a tripod mount. Disassemble by sliding out the dowels and roll up for transport.
Drawing2.jpg

I keep a fold-up cheap card table to use for take-off & landing. Sometimes I put a piece of 1/4" 4 ft by 4 ft plywood over the top if I want a bigger landing area.
I can set my home on that table & when I'm out flying & hit RTH if the wind is not too strong it will land in the center of the card table.
If the wind is strong then I use the plywood on top.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet