DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big YouTubers ruining drones

Status
Not open for further replies.

enodog

Reactions
Recently some large YouTubers have gone into the drone market. Now this by its self is 100% okay, but it's what they do with the drone that's not. The breaking point for me is when the YouTuber Logan Paul flew his drone over the coliseum in Rome, and acted like a jerk to the police. I'm ashamed that these people are the representatives for our hobby and passion.

A link to the video that was your breaking point would have been nice .:)

A link to the video that was your breaking point would have been nice .:)

I "think" I found the video, but I'm not providing the link. I'll spare y'all that one. :p I had to skip through most of it because it was so annoying to listen to that guy. The guy has 12 million subscribers and 3 million views on that video, he has no clue how to operate a drone, no care for laws, only YouTube view count. I'm 40 years old, and have a family and a good job and probably will never see Rome or the Coliseum with my own eyes in my lifetime, and this Tard got to go there probably because of his YouTube videos. Personally, I think the fine amount for some things ought to be based upon that person's income, like in Finland. Then these shock videos would slow down.
When I see guys like that, and see just how many followers he has, it makes me feel sorry for the generation behind me.

I watched parts of that .
cry baby 2.gif

When outside the US he unfortunately is stereotypical americanin their eyes.

Right, that's why I remind people we have 330 million other people in the USA. One idiot does not make an entire population idiots. I remind myself of that when I see an Italian and other tourists acting a fool here.

Edit:
Oh wait I meant 318 million others. Forgot he has 12 million subscribers! lol

Reactions: wcsilva and JBrand
I'm amazed this clown(idiot) has 12M subscribers ?

From what I gather you have to be basically one of two things to obtain thousands / millions of subscribers. Either really smart and well spoken and have a decent set of video series put together on a popular topic/thing/event/etc, OR be really dumb and crazy, willing to risk bodily injury, arrest, fine, shark bites, bee stings, etc. I think the latter of the two unfortunately seems to generate the higher revenue. WeeMan, Party Boy and Steve O crowd. Good for laugh once in a while, never thought people would become rich from that.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: JMF
Casy says OK.gif

Reactions: JBrand and cderoche
From what I gather you have to be basically one of two things to obtain thousands / millions of subscribers. Either really smart and well spoken and have a decent set of video series put together on a popular topic/thing/event/etc, OR be really dumb and crazy, willing to risk bodily injury, arrest, fine, shark bites, bee stings, etc. I think the latter of the two unfortunately seems to generate the higher revenue. WeeMan, Party Boy and Steve O crowd. Good for laugh once in a while, never thought people would become rich from that.... :rolleyes:
You're not wrong..... I've found some of the information videos I've made barely get any views, whilst some of the less likely videos suddenly go bananas.

I made a comparison video between the Mavic and the P3S, thinking it would only have a very narrow, low audience, but it would still be helfpul, and as I had both models, I figured why not. Yet that has had almost 40,000 views.

But a video on the most common ways people make mistakes and crash (thinking much wider audience) gets way, way fewer views.
Speaking and acting like a ******** seems to get larger audiences and views... I'm just glad this knob got arrested; doubt it will change his ways though....

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not wrong..... I've found some of the information videos I've made barely get any views, whilst some of the less likely videos suddenly go bananas.

I made a comparison video between the Mavic and the P3S, thinking it would only have a very narrow, low audience, but it would still be helfpul, and as I had both models, I figured why not. Yet that has had almost 40,000 views.

But a video on the most common ways people make mistakes and crash (thinking much wider audience) gets way, way fewer views.
Speaking and acting like a ******** seems to get larger audiences and views... I'm just glad this knob got arrested; doubt it will change his ways though....

I like your stuff and appreciate what you and many, many others do.
Idiots like above will gain wealth out of their stupidity and, eventually, inherit this planet. In the meantime i will enjoy Tube cause still so much good stuff out there (30 min vids on all kinds of unusual stuff you can do with hot glue....love that! And offcourse funny cat video's...). The crap like above I refuse to click on #notgettingmyview.

Reactions: cderoche
I like your stuff and appreciate what you and many, many others do.
Idiots like above will gain wealth out of their stupidity and, eventually, inherit this planet. In the meantime i will enjoy Tube cause still so much good stuff out there (30 min vids on all kinds of unusual stuff you can do with hot glue....love that! And offcourse funny cat video's...). The crap like above I refuse to click on #notgettingmyview.
Cheers Maclak...

YouTube is very much a "make videos to help people and if you make a bit of money on the side, all the better" That was the reason I made my lost over Dover video (my first YT video). I never thought it would get more than a few hundred views primarily by people on drone forums. But 5 months on, it's on almost 100,000 views. Which is cool, and hopefully fewer people will make the same daft mistakes I made that day. But even so, 100,000 views equates to around £90 or around $110. That's it.... so those funny cat videos that get 5 million views are the ones making all the money :) :) :) Or donkeys flying over the colosseum...

But it's fun making them; it defo ain't for the money, but it's nice having a laugh and sharing it.....

Cheers

Ian

YouTube / Ian in London

Cheers Maclak...

YouTube is very much a "make videos to help people and if you make a bit of money on the side, all the better" That was the reason I made my lost over Dover video (my first YT video). I never thought it would get more than a few hundred views primarily by people on drone forums. But 5 months on, it's on almost 100,000 views. Which is cool, and hopefully fewer people will make the same daft mistakes I made that day. But even so, 100,000 views equates to around £90 or around $110. That's it.... so those funny cat videos that get 5 million views are the ones making all the money :) :) :) Or donkeys flying over the colosseum...

But it's fun making them; it defo ain't for the money, but it's nice having a laugh and sharing it.....

Cheers

Ian

YouTube / Ian in London

Whenever I modify my RTH settings as needed or plans change I often think of the " dover incident".

Reactions: Ed M
Whenever I modify my RTH settings as needed or plans change I often think of the " dover incident".

LOL....! That is funny.... may that save your Mavic on many a flight :) :)

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo