DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird crash (I think)

Here is the flight record from Autopilot. 60 meters on the last measurement
7998f540f0f2adab533ddfdc16f05a7d.jpg
May I ask what app you were using for your autopilot mission ????

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
Waaaahhh, I want to post my story and picture but don't want to take any **** for it or answer any questions.

Why post this then? You need a bunch of middle aged guys telling you you're ok after a crash?

Get a grip.
As you can see, the discussion of the barometer was done. Read first, think and then reply

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
That sucks dude sorry to hear good luck with th repair. Camera looks like this
41b31872aeb4694797e1f4b91802bd66.jpg

I asked because I have used the GO4 and Litchi before and found that after running missions then going back into them later on , The altitude settings have changed to a lower not higher altitude and if I had not caught it ....... You Know ..... CRASH
I never used Hangar Autopilot so I cant really give my opinion on it
what you can do is go into the app and check your settings to see if any were changed
Sorry you went down Hope you get up and going soon Thumbswayup

I asked because I have used the GO4 and Litchi before and found that after running missions then going back into them later on , The altitude settings have changed to a lower not higher altitude and if I had not caught it ....... You Know ..... CRASH
I never used Hangar Autopilot so I cant really give my opinion on it
what you can do is go into the app and check your settings to see if any were changed
Sorry you went down Hope you get up and going soon Thumbswayup
As said, it was my second mission after my photo flight. Exactly the same settings except the focus triggers are different. I must have flown more then a 100 times. And in AirData you can see that the altitude didn't change. I also don't believe in a battery glitch because the camera remaind working the whole time.

[emoji107][emoji107][emoji107]
Unnecessary.....play nice
Thanks dad.

But seriously, his experience could help others from the same kind of thing. If he doesn't want to answer questions and go indepth on the issue then what was the point of posting? Woe is me?

I don't get it.

Last edited:
If I can help, I do. See most of my 600 massages. I told that there where birds.... Nothing to do with failed GPS, suddenly increased ground level, strange changing altitude or weird barometers... It where those flying things without batteries. Birds

Reactions: HiVac
But as you can see on AirData, it maintained 60 (59,6) meters elevation as always
Of course it will always show 60m because it's doing all it can to ensure the reading maintains that value... BUT it doesn't mean one bit that it's actually correct. By definition a wrong measurement will never be apparent - apart from actually hitting what you weren't supposed to.
You were likely 1m above some days, 10m some others, and some below this time - too bad.
At least +/-5m error should be expected, I personally wouldn't rely on <15m clearance.

Anyway, your choice and your money.

Last edited:
If I can help, I do. See most of my 600 massages. I told that there where birds.... Nothing to do with failed GPS, suddenly increased ground level, strange changing altitude or weird barometers... It where those flying things without batteries. Birds
If you thing and want to make sure it was a bird try get a hold of " BudWalker " he uses DatCon for analyzing flight data and it shows and tells way more then AirData can, if it were a bird strike he can more then likely tell you that your Mavic did hit something

I have another question: what kind of video or photo story were you after when flying the same way point route over and over?
Thank you!

Reactions: Oyibo VFX and Elan
I have another question: what kind of video or photo story were you after when flying the same way point route over and over?
Thank you!
As you might have seen on some of my YouTube videos, I'm building a power station (three Siemens gas turbines) in Nigeria. So I have made a timeline of the progress of the works. Video for my monthly progress videos (and final project videos) and images for my Weekly and Monthly Progress reports for the company.
It's nice to have the same route... even between two months of progress

That's why

As you might have seen on some of my YouTube videos, I'm building a power station (three Siemens gas turbines) in Nigeria. So I have made a timeline of the progress of the works. Video for my monthly progress videos (and final project videos) and images for my Weekly and Monthly Progress reports for the company.
It's nice to have the same route... even between two months of progress

That's why

Not only is it a good video , You have an excellent career ( JOB ) many would die for !!!!
Sorry I went off topic -- I just had to comment on Oyibo's exceptional job and related use of the Mavic Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2p123