DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Bison! Bison! Bison!

Tentoes

Reactions

Usually you only see small groups scattered throughout the 39,650 acres of the place, but Saturday there was a massive group covering a couple square miles.

Nice video

Thanks for the look. Nice video. Good advice to stay near car. We used to have large herds on Catalina Island. I think it's diminishing now that Wrigley is no longer the caretaker but I learned a long time ago trying to get a closer look that they can flat footed jump over a fence. I thought it was dozing.

Suggest using zoom modes to get closer to the action when flying higher to not disturb the wildlife.

Then at 2:14 you drop to ground level. Not sure how far you were from the bison, but getting that low and "close" is what gets drone pilots bad names and no flying in many areas where wildlife exists. If using zoom and a good distance away - cool - if not - then suggest doing so in the future.

A bison stampede is not something to create trying to get close.

Suggest using zoom modes to get closer to the action when flying higher to not disturb the wildlife.

Then at 2:14 you drop to ground level. Not sure how far you were from the bison, but getting that low and "close" is what gets drone pilots bad names and no flying in many areas where wildlife exists. If using zoom and a good distance away - cool - if not - then suggest doing so in the future.

At 2:14 he appears to be filming out the car window.

Thanks for the look. Nice video. Good advice to stay near car. We used to have large herds on Catalina Island. I think it's diminishing now that Wrigley is no longer the caretaker but I learned a long time ago trying to get a closer look that they can flat footed jump over a fence. I thought it was dozing.

They are powerful animals!

At 2:14, I was driving down the road in my car. Shot through the passenger side window using my phone.

Please

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom