DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Black Bear Recorded By Mavic 3 At Night using Tactical Lights

Don Testme

Reactions
As the title says. Video self Explanatory.

Edit: the bear is the neighborhood nuisance bear. It was iN my back yard wooded area.. Animal control was notified and is working with us. They have no problems with me filming him. IT'S ILLEGAL TO FEED THEM THOUGH.

Last edited:
I am not going to get into a debate about it and this will be my only post in this thread but I think you are pushing the boundaries of harassing wildlife.
I believe California ( this site indicates that is your location ) has guidelines if not rules/laws concerning this.
If I am correct I would suggest you give careful consideration to posting such video or you may "hoist yourself by your own petard". You may have run across the bear by accident but it looks as if you then tried to either follow it or drive it off.
If it was approaching your house etc. I can understand the wish to drive it off but if this was out in the wilds then....

Reactions: Richard R
I am not going to get into a debate about it and this will be my only post in this thread but I think you are pushing the boundaries of harassing wildlife.
I believe California ( this site indicates that is your location ) has guidelines if not rules/laws concerning this.
If I am correct I would suggest you give careful consideration to posting such video or you may "hoist yourself by your own petard". You may have run across the bear by accident but it looks as if you then tried to either follow it or drive it off.
If it was approaching your house etc. I can understand the wish to drive it off but if this was out in the wilds then....
It's just the neighborhood nuisance bear. It was in my backyard. It knocks over the trashcans of my and the neighbors' homes and eats the trash. The video was given to WildLife Control. They thanked me for the video and proceeded to give us info on how to annoy the bear and get him out of the neighborhood. They liked that I used my drone to harrass the bear. Biggest take away? LOCK YOUR TRASHCANS SHUT!

Here is a story for ya. I was laying in my backyard at about midnight with my eyes shut. Suddenly I feel something licking my hand. I thought it was a dog. I opened my eyes and there was this 300lb bear licking my hand. I slowly got up and stood and the bear slowly backed up and walked away. That was a bit exciting, to say the least.

Here is a story for ya.
reminds me of all the old times at Yosemite. We would just wait until dark and watch the bears feast on food that non-experienced campers had left out. I can still see mama bear sitting there stuffing her face with marshmallows, and the cubs running around. Now they have bear proof garbage containers and lots of rules and regulations. ....and the bears break into cars. That never seemed to happen in the old days.

Reactions: NewAir2sMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter