DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

black out

Bill combs

Reactions
over the weekend i was flying both my mavic pro platinum and my new phantom 4pro 2.0,my mavic was doing a point of interest over me while i was flying my phantom using my white dji goggles and using my new ipad 6 generation tablet attached to the remote when suddenly the goggles went black and my remote said disconnected from rc and then it came back to life,all of this lasted only a couple of seconds but it made me nervous,i brought the phantom back in and it flew just fine for the remainder of the flight,has this happen to anyone else. i’ve been flying dji drones since the

Okay this is most probably the White goggles issue.
Its been a BUG and DJI - have not properly addressed it.

The white Goggles ONLY operate on the 2,4 Gig Band - for occusync
Yr Mavic Pro 1 was fine with this-.

But the intro of Mavic 2 and the P4pro 2, brought the 5g band.
The P4pro v2 will allow the the OcuSync system to scan for the frequency band with lowest interference and switches accordingly to maintain clear transmission.

If the P4 flips to 5G, things go a bit haywire- the White Goggles cannot operate on the 5gig Band, but your Go4 connected to the RC is Fine-
This may result in a reboot of the goggles or a disconnect-
also on the Mavic zoom it can also limit6 the range .

Switching OFF THE WHITE GOGGLES normally solves the issue.

WorkAround: Some people have forced Go4 to tell the drone not to be automatic, by selecting the 2.4G Manually when using the goggles.

… there are other notes on this on this forum - … that refer to this problem … ie White goggles operating FREQ
Hopefully DJI will soon address it...

By the Way the Racing version of goggles does not have this glitch- but some have reported that using RE Gogs limit the range to 500m-

Reactions: Bill combs
over the weekend i was flying both my mavic pro platinum and my new phantom 4pro 2.0,my mavic was doing a point of interest over me while i was flying my phantom using my white dji goggles and using my new ipad 6 generation tablet attached to the remote when suddenly the goggles went black and my remote said disconnected from rc and then it came back to life,all of this lasted only a couple of seconds but it made me nervous,i brought the phantom back in and it flew just fine for the remainder of the flight,has this happen to anyone else. i’ve been flying dji drones since the

I know it is not against the rules as a hobbiest pilot but operating two drones at the same time is incredibly dangerous.

Reactions: mereflyer
I know it is not against the rules as a hobbiest pilot but operating two drones at the same time is incredibly dangerous.
i was i the desert and no one was around except a buddy who is afraid to fly a drone,im very good at multitasking and didn’t think i would be a threat to anyone,fyi i dont fly over homes or people

The P4pro v2 will allow the the OcuSync system to scan for the frequency band with lowest interference and switches accordingly to maintain clear transmission.

If the P4 flips to 5G, things go a bit haywire- the White Goggles cannot operate on the 5gig Band, but your Go4 connected to the RC is Fine-

WorkAround: Some people have forced Go4 to tell the drone not to be automatic, by selecting the 2.4G Manually when using the goggles.

… there are other notes on this on this forum - … that refer to this problem … ie White goggles operating FREQ

By the Way the Racing version of goggles does not have this glitch- but some have reported that using RE Gogs limit the range to 500m-
i guess i’ll have to buy the black dji goggles

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum

i guess i’ll have to buy the black dji goggles

actually i was flying in the desert and had a buddy with me who chickened out flying the mavic so i launched her in a point of interest flight to show him how easy it was to fly,no humans or farm animals were injured i assure you.

rock one more question if you don’t mind,the black out was the first time i ever had any issues with that ph4pro 2.0 and goggles thats why i thought it was a mavic related issue even though i’ve flown with a club before that and had no issues what so ever,i’ve flown that ph using goggles over 4000 ft and always had more than enough signal to go even further if i wanted too but didn’t

The reason I went into full explanation yesterday was because I use the White goggles with the M2Z, an d yesterday I has a Full Blackout - that effectively REBOOTED My Goggles-.
Yep they went Black - and I lost control about 2km away.
It may have been the switch over thing to 5g

Control is never lost on the RC - but also a greyed out screen on the Phone.
… but after climbing and switching the goggles off - it was okay-

I love the goggles - … but when stretching the limits, there often is some kind of glitch (even for a short period).

Its inability to switch to 5G may be the downfall here (Old Tech) - but I still use them.

The reason I went into full explanation yesterday was because I use the White goggles with the M2Z, an d yesterday I has a Full Blackout - that effectively REBOOTED My Goggles-.
Yep they went Black - and I lost control about 2km away.
It may have been the switch over thing to 5g

Control is never lost on the RC - but also a greyed out screen on the Phone.
… but after climbing and switching the goggles off - it was okay-

I love the goggles - … but when stretching the limits, there often is some kind of glitch (even for a short period).

Its inability to switch to 5G may be the downfall here (Old Tech) - but I still use them.
my goggles went black but i dont think the shut off because they came back on in a matter of seconds as did my remote and tablet with that said it sounds like you went through the same thing,,i started looking for the black racing edition yesterday and they are expensive

The M2 issue isn't just with the white goggles, it's just the same with the RE. Nothing to do with the frequency, there's just an issue in how the M2 (no idea about the P4PV2) handles link with the
The M2 issue isn't just with the white goggles, it's just the same with the RE. Nothing to do with the frequency, there's just an issue in how the M2 (no idea about the P4PV2) handles link with the goggles.
i have the flight log and the video of both drones,the ph 4 stops dead then kind of jerks forwards when i regain control,ill try to upload all of it tonight when i get home

i was i the desert and no one was around except a buddy who is afraid to fly a drone,im very good at multitasking and didn’t think i would be a threat to anyone,fyi i dont fly over homes or people
no worries bud, I was only saying that it was dangerous but not judging you. I am a 107 flyer but im super liberal as to what I do and I have done some dangerous stuff with my drone but all came out ok.

You sir are my new friend! I live out here in Arizona and go to the desert and do all kinds of stuff I would never do if people were around.. lol

Used to drive through the desert on a very remote part of Route 66 in blackout mode at night wearing NV goggles, until the day I came around a corner and there was a CHP cruiser parked on the side of the road. I didnt get a ticket as the officer had more fun trying out my goggles walking around in the pullout. I promised I wouldnt do it again and haven’t.

Flying in blackout mode or when you momentarily lose visual after just glancing down at the sceeen is scarry enough though- I’m keeping a strobe on it all the time these days.

Used to drive through the desert on a very remote part of Route 66 in blackout mode at night wearing NV goggles, until the day I came around a corner and there was a CHP cruiser parked on the side of the road. I didnt get a ticket as the officer had more fun trying out my goggles walking around in the pullout. I promised I wouldnt do it again and haven’t.

Flying in blackout mode or when you momentarily lose visual after just glancing down at the sceeen is scarry enough though- I’m keeping a strobe on it all the time these days.
I wouldn't have the balls to do that lol
I'm in the Phoenix area

I wouldn't have the balls to do that lol
I'm in the Phoenix area

Yeah, it was dumb and I was single. No more of that! Its good drones weren’t around when I was young, the legal ramifications of not being a responsible flyer are staggering- there used to be no such laws and fines for RC airplane and glider foolery back then- dropping parachutes, water balloons and flour bombs on the playground and neighborhood was pretty innocent back then, now its a serious misdemeanor or felony!

Reactions: Bill combs
Yeah, it was dumb and I was single. No more of that! Its good drones weren’t around when I was young, the legal ramifications of not being a responsible flyer are staggering- there used to be no such laws and fines for RC airplane and glider foolery back then- dropping parachutes, water balloons and flour bombs on the playground and neighborhood was pretty innocent back then, now its a serious misdemeanor or felony!
I remember when people thought my fc40 was a ufo when dji first came out as time went on I bought the phantom 1 and so on,I've been flying for a several years

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan