DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blade protectors

jimzpsd

Reactions
Hi everyone, new to the MM. But concerned with warping my blades, I've seen some silicone protectors on line that seem to work like a rubber band,....my question is, do they work? Thanks

Hi everyone, new to the MM. But concerned with warping my blades, I've seen some silicone protectors on line that seem to work like a rubber band,....my question is, do they work? Thanks

I know I would NOT use those. The MM props are very thin, as thus highly prone to warping. Look on the DJI website, they actually sell prop guards for the mini for a pretty reasonable price....

I have a set of the silicone protectors and they seemed to work okay. I never received the warning with or without the protectors. To ease my mind, though, I ordered a case that allows the drone to be stored in such a way that the blades are not tucked under the body when stored. I ordered the case from Banggood and it took about 5 or 6 weeks to get here, but I'm very happy with the case. There's plenty of room in it for everything. I store the charged batteries in the individual battery slots. As I use them, I store them in the charger. This makes it very easy to keep track of which batteries are charged and which aren't. Here's the one I got:

I have bought several different types of blade protectors for my Mavic Mini but I don’t use any of them now as I have stopped folding the Mini. I keep it in the ready to fly position all of the time both at home and on the way to a flying site. The mini is so small that it fits in the boot/trunk of my car or on the back seat unfolded. I have come to the conclusion after reading many reports on this forum that it is better not to keep folding and unfolding this type of drone (this goes for my M2Z as well). Less chance of damaging something especially when you put the Mini in it’s carrying case.

I have bought several different types of blade protectors for my Mavic Mini but I don’t use any of them now as I have stopped folding the Mini. I keep it in the ready to fly position all of the time both at home and on the way to a flying site. The mini is so small that it fits in the boot/trunk of my car or on the back seat unfolded. I have come to the conclusion after reading many reports on this forum that it is better not to keep folding and unfolding this type of drone (this goes for my M2Z as well). Less chance of damaging something especially when you put the Mini in it’s carrying case.
I always keep mine in the ready also. I use a spare bedroom as its hanger. ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet