DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Block/Ignore, repeat offenders. Trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheech Wizard

Reactions
Did you ever notice the same old names every time somebody Is causing trouble in a post? You can fly right out of their lives forever by "Ignoring" them on their profile. I found this interesting post from 2017.

Question: "Hi, I have been enjoying the forums for over a year. I would like to know how to block members who repeatedly treat others with disrespect."

Answer: LuvMyTJ "Hello, You may "ignore" members by going to the profile of the member you want to block and click the "ignore" button. You will never see another post from them anywhere on the forum. Hope that helps. :)".

Tired of people posting just to be negative and start an argument, That's what Facebook is for.

It sort of works. If some one you block gets a post quoted, you will still see their post in the reply to it.
The other thing is, it sometimes makes threads hard to follow if the "blocked" person is actively participating in the thread.
Its probably better to do what you have to do in real life as an adult. You dont have to "ignore" to ignore. If a post bothers you, skip it and go on. DONT add fuel to the fire and engage them more than once or twice.

It sort of works. If some one you block gets a post quoted, you will still see their post in the reply to it.
The other thing is, it sometimes makes threads hard to follow if the "blocked" person is actively participating in the thread.
Its probably better to do what you have to do in real life as an adult. You dont have to "ignore" to ignore. If a post bothers you, skip it and go on. DONT add fuel to the fire and engage them more than once or twice.

I just want to get rid of the ones that have nothing to offer, you know some of them. I like your sarcasm, but the trolls never even get it. I'm talking about the real bottom feeders. And you are right about not engaging them more than a couple times, but I'm 60 years old and am not going to be toyed with, so I always reply to the idiots at least once or twice trying to show them the errors of their ways. Then they just suck. Ha. I'm sure I won't miss their comments... They NEVER post anything.... trolls.

Reactions: chazzm
Here why I won't be blocking anyone on this forum...

We are a community .
we all don't think a like .
we come from all types of backround
We come together because of our passion
For this "hobbie" .

As long as the members use this forum within the boards guide lines.

I say it's like using a camera ...
You take hundred of pictures one or two will be keepers.!

You may not like every post but sooner or later I bet the poster will hit one right down the middle and get on base

You may not share everyone view on certain subject doesn't mean you should block them
What next blocking certain members because there spellin / pucuation
Is not up to pare.?
.......cR

I just want to get rid of the ones that have nothing to offer, you know some of them. I like your sarcasm, but the trolls never even get it. I'm talking about the real bottom feeders. And you are right about not engaging them more than a couple times, but I'm 60 years old and am not going to be toyed with, so I always reply to the idiots at least once or twice trying to show them the errors of their ways. Then they just suck. Ha. I'm sure I won't miss their comments... They NEVER post anything.... trolls.

Its not just the trolls that have trouble understanding my sarcasm. There are a lot of people here that just cant decode it at all, and get really offended. NEVER my intention. I feel like its our responsibility to make sure information shared here is correct. Too many people with no flight time giving advice, too many people with no technical skills with there devices getting poor advice on their trouble.
However, I feel like this forum is going to be hard to navigate, now that there is what, 5 different Mavics included?
it was hard enough to sort through the MP, MPP, MA posts, now we are throwing MP2, MP2 Zoom, and MP Enterprise into the mix.
Is there a MP specific forum anyone could recommend to supplement this one?

I wish I could block entire posts. Like this one and others that have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with a Mavic.
Well is in Off Topic now so just don't read in OT.
Guy's Staff can't stay on 24/7 and as much as we have going on unless one of you reports post or threads we need to remove or move just don't engage with said poster or don't read the thread you don't seem fit .
Help us help you here by reporting and not letting it bother you .
All in all I think we have a great forum with great members but all forums are going to have a few that like to disrupt .

This is a great forum.
I always feel reserved about reporting posts, unless they really appear to be a threat. Dont want to annoy the already overloaded Mods!

Here why I won't be blocking anyone on this forum...

We are a community .
we all don't think a like .
we come from all types of backround
We come together because of our passion
For this "hobbie" .

As long as the members use this forum within the boards guide lines.

I say it's like using a camera ...
You take hundred of pictures one or two will be keepers.!

You may not like every post but sooner or later I bet the poster will hit one right down the middle and get on base

You may not share everyone view on certain subject doesn't mean you should block them
What next blocking certain members because there spellin / pucuation
Is not up to pare.?
.......cR

I will block the people who give posters crap for spelling. That's exactly what I mean by senseless posts wasting my time.

This is a great forum.
I always feel reserved about reporting posts, unless they really appear to be a threat. Dont want to annoy the already overloaded Mods!
No it does help and don't no one hesitate reporting . It takes more time to let a thread get all crazy and then me try and fix it
after it has many post than nipping it in the bud so to speak .
Yes we spend a lot of time moving threads when they are first posted to the correct section and other things but to those that do report I thank you as it really saves us time .;)

This is a great forum.

Thats just it, I don't want to be a rat or get someone banned... I will be blocking people that have an issue with me personally though. We all know people like that. I even try to support others being disrespected, which just balloons into "Teams" arguing.

I figure that the real problems, the ones that drag everything into an argument for ten pages will eventually get weeded out without my help. BUT, If it is preferred by the mods, I will report them BEFORE they drag me into a heated debate!

No it does help and don't no one hesitate reporting . It takes more time to let a thread get all crazy and then me try and fix it
after it has many post than nipping it in the bud so to speak .
Yes we spend a lot of time moving threads when they are first posted to the correct section and other things but to those that
do report I thank you as it really saves us time .;)

When someone is reported, what is the procedure? I figured it would be easier on you to block without involving the Mods. Doesn't the "Ignore" option just automatically kick in? I definitely don't want to make any extra work for you. I really like this post, but if I'm going to be aggravated every time I log out it's not worth it.

Reactions: dirkclod
I figure that the real problems, the ones that drag everything into an argument for ten pages will eventually get weeded out without my help. BUT, If it is preferred by the mods, I will report them BEFORE they drag me into a heated debate!

OK, I can be on board with that, now we need a list of reportable offenses or people will be reporting all the time.

Cheech It doesn't make you a rat and
I even try to support others being disrespected, which just balloons into "Teams" arguing.
is when it takes lots of time staff cleaning threads when if it had been reported it wouldn't have even been an
issue. Do as anyone pleases by whatever method guys but enjoy yourself here try and follow the guidelines .
reportable offenses
Community Rules
Now I shall go cut some grass and when I get back I know somewhere in this forum it will be..
giphy-5.gif :)
Carry on guys ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: Fplvert
Cheech It doesn't make you a rat and is when it takes lots of time staff cleaning threads when if it had been reported it wouldn't have even been an
issue. Do as anyone pleases by whatever method guys but enjoy yourself here try and follow the guidelines .
Community Rules
Now I shall go cut some grass and when I get back I know somewhere in this forum it will be..
View attachment 44900 :)
Carry on guys ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Thanks for the insight dirkclod, I'll post the Guidelines here. Maybe just bringing this to light will make some people think. I hate to watch posts deteriorate.

Community Guidelines
Community Guidelines for MavicPilots.com

MavicPilots Forum
Community Rules

Registering and participating in the MavicPilots Forum constitutes agreement to abide by the Profound Interest Network Terms of Service. (Profound Interests, LLC is the company that owns this forum). We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without prior notice. There is no charge for joining this Forum. This is a community of individuals who share a common interest in DJI's Mavic Aircraft. Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand and above all - be nice. If you come across any violations to these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let us know.

General Rules
We aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that people want to visit repeatedly. The MavicPilots Forum should be a virtual reflection of how we all hope the community of Mavic drone enthusiasts would act in the real world. Treat each other with respect just as you would if you were meeting in person for coffee before enjoying a day of flying together in shared airspace. This is a community of friends and partners who are collaborating to encourage and support a growing DJI Mavic community.

• 1. Our rules extend to all sections of the website including private messaging.

• 2. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.

• 3. Do not post libelous remarks or misleading information.

• 4. Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on-track.

• 5. Participants may not post or bump threads to pad post counts. Bumping is posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot.

• 6. Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum.

• 7. Posts containing rude, explicit, obscene or vulgar language or abbreviations, images or links to websites with adult content/images or special characters designed to "trick" our obscenity filter may be removed.

• 8. Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we determine the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our team may result in immediate suspension of your account.

• 9. Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.

• 10. NO SPAM! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants (excluding paid advertisers) may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest. Exceptions to this may be found in the Classifieds or other explicitly designated commercial areas.

• 11. Do not use posts to promote your blog, videos, surveys, polls or contests. This includes Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, etc. You may place a single link in your signature to an outside website. Fundraising topics (GoFundMe, etc), must be approved by an administrator.

• 12. Trolling and cyber stalking are not allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.

• 13. Discussions about politics, weaponry and religion are permitted only in association with the topic of this forum or in the “off-topic” section and will be closed or removed if they become disruptive.

• 14. We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate discourtesy or disrespect.

• 15. The Forum Owners strongly encourage users to obey all federal and local laws and regulations when flying. It is a helpful service to the community when members guide others in understanding and following the regulations. Meanwhile, fully understanding all international rules and regulations is complex and it is not the responsibility of the forum owners, moderators or community members to police and enforce these rules and regulations. Any violation of another community rule, even if in the context of attempting to help enforce flying laws and regulations, is prohibited.

• 16. For everyone's safety, we do not condone the manipulation of the manufacturer's software or firmware (software/firmware hacks), and may, (at our discretion), delete without warning any content that violates or promotes this type of activity.

Posting Standards
Forum members should use the standard fonts available on the forum. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting will be removed or modified at our discretion (e.g. all caps or excessive color).

Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification.

The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.

Do not post links that are not meant for the general public. Do not post protected or copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article or perhaps the opening paragraph. In either case please post a link to source. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and posted in their entirety. If you are not sure if you can copy something, always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.

About Intellectual Propertys
MavicPilots is committed to helping people and organizations protect their intellectual property rights. The MavicPilots Terms of Use do not allow posting content that violates someone else’s intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark.

Signature, Avatar, Profile, Username and Account Standards
Community Standards apply to all sections and features of the website including avatar and profile images, signatures, usernames and other account features.

1. Signatures must be setup in your profile rather than manually added to your messages. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.

2. Signatures should be kept to a maximum of three lines (including blank lines) and contain no more than one links. No images allowed in signatures.

3. Signature may not include email addresses, links to competing websites, invitations to contact or a sales pitch also, no political links

4. Signatures must follow our forums posting standards and only one line may be bold.

5. Avatars (images beside each post) and profile pictures are set up in your profile and are intended as a visual link to your forum account. They may not be used for promotional purposes, insult or other editorial comment.

6. We recommend usernames not reflect a business entity, trademark or other "promotional" content, no excessive symbols and must conform to all other community rules.

7. E-mail and web address are not appropriate forum user names.

8. MavicPilots Forum reserves the right to delete or edit any account feature that we feel is inappropriate.

Classifieds Posting Rules

Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership and is for the sale of personal items.

1. Only multirotor related ads are accepted.

2. Place only one ad per item. You may repost only when your ad has been archived.

3. Do not post an ad that is on behalf of someone else.

4. Do not hijack another member's thread with your own ad. Also please keep any comments relevant to the ad itself (such as asking for clarifications or additional information).

5. As a courtesy to fellow members, please post "Sold" in your ad title if the item has been sold, or is otherwise no longer available.

6. Ads may be removed by our staff at any time for any reason.

7. For your own security we suggest you do not to post personal information such as your email address or phone number.

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

About the First Amendment and Your "Right to Free Speech"

We believe in the First Amendment of the US Constitution and public freedom of speech. Meanwhile, that right does not infer that others are required to publish your speech. The MavicPilots Forum is not a public resource; it is privately owned and we require members to abide by the rules and decisions of our team. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - this does not violate your public right to free speech.

Site Management, Member Concerns & Account Closure

If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported.

Participants may only have one account. Moderators may consolidate or delete multiple accounts.

We may remove accounts that have no posts. If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (at our discretion) disable your account in some or all of the following ways: change the username, remove signature content, subscriptions, avatar and identifying information or replace it with fictitious info. We may change account options to refuse contact and/or ban the account. Where communication features were used to share information with other individuals (e.g., sending a personal message to another Forum user) we generally cannot remove content. If someone quoted your post, the original username will be shown as having been quoted (which we cannot purge).

Finally, we recognize that there are situations that these rules don’t address and we’ll do our best to arrive at a fair and reasonable approach that benefits the entire community. Ultimately it's up to our team to make these determinations that we believe are in the best interest of the majority of users. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada