DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Block/Ignore, repeat offenders. Trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aka harassing someone with a valid point that you totally ignore, i.e. the definition of trolling you're claiming to want to discourage :rolleyes:
And your contribution in this thread was what? Spell checking?
Or was it tell us all that people that misspell words are;
"like impolite spoiled children needing reprimanded in real life"
This is not my thread, A forum without a few trolls here and there is a little boring. Put yourself on that list too if you like :D

EDIT ; Sorry I misquoted you, it wasn't "spoiled children" the correct quote should have been "spoiled BRATS that need to be reprimanded" Didnt mean to take some of the sting out of your comment! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Hexagon
An explanation of how some people perceive things, that you visibly can't conceive differs from yours.
You explained how you didn't care, I explained how some do. Simple as that, no idea what you're trying to read into it.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
I think I've been accused many time of being a troll. I certainly understand where those people are coming from. It think it is mainly my "style" (or really lack of style) that pisses some people off. I get that... but I also treat it like I do other people in this forum. When I start letting an Internet forum bother me it is time to get away from that forum. That is, I simply don't take things to heart or let them bother me. I have bad days, other people have bad days. There is also going to always exist some level of misunderstanding.

An explanation of how some people perceive things, that you visibly can't conceive differs from yours.
You explained how you didn't care, I explained how some do. Simple as that, no idea what you're trying to read into it.
I still dont care,
I dont block or ingnore anyone (the topic of this thread BTW, NOT spelling). Probably never will. I just pass over their posts for the most part to keep from pushing things too far and upsetting the moderators.
That is why I dont post spelling corrections all the time, like I did YOU when you did it with "spead read" trying to call me out on my INTENTIONAL use of the word Affect.
I think in this case you are a good example of what prompted the OP's initial thoughts with this thread.
To interrupt conversation to belittle the "Impolite spoiled brats the need reprimanded" that dont take the time to sterilize their thoughts for the sake of those who cant see the value of a written opinion when that opinion has spelling or grammatical errors. That seems to me to be the more troll-ish move.
I understand your thinking, Its OK if I dont approve right?
Just as you are welcome to not approve of my opinions. lets not let this discussion disrupt the rest OK?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheech Wizard
I understand such circumstances and they are sad. With that said, had people over the years offered correction to his grammar, the incident you mentioned would not have happened, so sitting by and saying nothing had not helped that poor guy had it? So we are full circle to offering correction to those that need it. It is then up to them to use it or ignore it.

All I can say is WOW, this guy had a low education and had to admit it... are you going to teach him how to spell? Do you remember that there was an antagonist? Maybe... and it's my opinion, I think some people need to learn how to read, comprehend and store that information.

I think I've been accused many time of being a troll. I certainly understand where those people are coming from. It think it is mainly my "style" (or really lack of style) that pisses some people off. I get that... but I also treat it like I do other people in this forum. When I start letting an Internet forum bother me it is time to get away from that forum. That is, I simply don't take things to heart or let them bother me. I have bad days, other people have bad days. There is also going to always exist some level of misunderstanding.

Yeah, but when you have a bad day, you aren't supposed to pay it forward.

I could care less about spelling and grammar most of the time. ( a lot of you probably have noticed)
I figure if I can write something and convey my message I have accomplished affective communication. For those that proofread posts, they must do that because they are not able to understand the subject matter. And can’t add any value to the conversation.

Yeah, "Spelling Cops" know exactly what the poster is saying... otherwise they wouldn't know the spelling was wrong.

I understand such circumstances and they are sad. With that said, had people over the years offered correction to his grammar, the incident you mentioned would not have happened, so sitting by and saying nothing had not helped that poor guy had it? So we are full circle to offering correction to those that need it. It is then up to them to use it or ignore it.

THE GUY HAD TO DROP OUT OF SCHOOL TO SUPPORT HIS FAMILY!!! Would you offer to tutor him? I have his info.

LOL! It worked!
I knew I would draw out the hard cores by replacing EFFECTIVE with AFFECTIVE...... It was a Last minute decision. Grammer Nazi's are always make some snide comment for that one.
I almost added a sentence with Your and You're switched around, but I thought that would be too easy. I wanted to draw out the cream of the crop. Now we know :D
Put yourself down as the most observant proofreader on the forum today! :D

ETA; What does spead mean? LOL!

**BOOM** Drops the mic.!
HAHAHAHA!

Sorry to disagree with you, but I treat everyone with respect, and if you are on a post that is not an Off Topic post (which this one is) you shouldn't be Off Topic to talk about spelling, guns,politics...etc.... OFF TOPIC! Reading is fundamental.

LOL! It worked!
I knew I would draw out the hard cores by replacing EFFECTIVE with AFFECTIVE...... It was a Last minute decision. Grammer Nazi's are always make some snide comment for that one.
I almost added a sentence with Your and You're switched around, but I thought that would be too easy. I wanted to draw out the cream of the crop. Now we know :D

**BOOM** Drops the mic.!

This is a funnystat
LOL! It worked!

**BOOM** Drops the mic.!

Here is a weird stat: Over 1,000 people saw this post, and only 69 comments. Maybe some trolls be shutting up? Iv'e noticed other posts are more friendly lately. I hope it has opened some eyes. Because I AM going to start ignoring or reporting non humans.

Who are you replying to? And I don't really get the grammar? Or what you are saying.

Easy cheech! I think we need to leave this one alone now, before we become the beast ourselves. He went silent Lets leave it at that!

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
sticks and stones...

I may not agree with what others say, but I'll defend their right to say it.

/thread

Reactions: ac0j
Who are you replying to? And I don't really get the grammar? Or what you are saying.

I said "I didn't care"... where is that again?

I said "I didn't care"... where is that again?
I said that. He was quoting me.

i are ofinnded
You should be embarrassed.

And quit making fun of the spelling errors! :D

Do you konw taht if you witre a cmpotele sroty using the right letters in the wrong order, (leaving the first and last letters alone) MOST people will have no problem reading it? Its hard to type that way so I quit!

Edit: I show the jumbled letter thing for a reason. The brain only need to see the right letters in a group with the first and last letter correctly placed to understand it. So a simple spelling error does foul that fact up, so maybe it is some sort of disorder, like dyslexia or something that makes spelling such an issue for some?

Last edited:
Nope..not embarrassed cheech...just havin’ a little fun. Maybe you should go find chong, light up and lighten up.

Reactions: wytnyt
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.