DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Block/Ignore, repeat offenders. Trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you, but maybe if people realize they may end up being banned, they might be nicer.
Nope, real trolls won't care a single bit, they just create a new account when they are and happily go on.

Usually they already have 4 or 5 anyway so they can "reinforce their point" by making it appear like a significant number of other people share their views.

I will block the people who give posters crap for spelling. That's exactly what I mean by senseless posts wasting my time.
Are you not interested in bettering yourself? If someone is helped out to correct their spelling I don't see a problem with that at all. It might help them forward in life too. I can assure you that if there were two equal candidates for a job and one had poor spelling compared to the other, the poor speller would not be getting the job. Therefore, just accept it as help and not criticism, like it was, I'm sure, meant to be by whom ever did the correcting. You have to understand that there might be an instance whereby someone using an incorrect word for what they mean to say, might change what they intended to say, and they would not even be aware of it.

Are you not interested in bettering yourself? If someone is helped out to correct their spelling I don't see a problem with that at all. It might help them forward in life too. I can assure you that if there were two equal candidates for a job and one had poor spelling compared to the other, the poor speller would not be getting the job. Therefore, just accept it as help and not criticism, like it was, I'm sure, meant to be by whom ever did the correcting.
You should consider that they maybe posting from a smart phone that some times isn't so smart...just saying

No it does help and don't no one hesitate reporting . It takes more time to let a thread get all crazy and then me try and fix it
after it has many post than nipping it in the bud so to speak .
Yes we spend a lot of time moving threads when they are first posted to the correct section and other things but to those that
do report I thank you as it really saves us time .;)
Ummmm…. that should be SAVES us time!! :)

Are you not interested in bettering yourself? If someone is helped out to correct their spelling I don't see a problem with that at all. It might help them forward in life too. I can assure you that if there were two equal candidates for a job and one had poor spelling compared to the other, the poor speller would not be getting the job. Therefore, just accept it as help and not criticism, like it was, I'm sure, meant to be by whom ever did the correcting. You have to understand that there might be an instance whereby someone using an incorrect word for what they mean to say, might change what they intended to say, and they would not even be aware of it.

If somebody wants to HELP another member that's fine with me, when other members put down people or make fun of them for spelling, that's NOT cool with me. Some posters are using mobile devices also and you know how spellcheck works. So, really nobody should be pointing it out all all unless the is a forum is named "spelling errors".

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Spelling errors are very irritating to some. I also write on mobile but make the effort to reread myself and correct before submitting, and somewhat do expect that from others. If they don't care enough to do so then why should we care enough about answering their question.

Kind of a mutual respect thing, like, you know, everyday politeness. Across the web where no-one has any clue about anyone other than what they write and the way they do so then people who write badly appear the same way as the impolite spoiled brat you'd also certainly reprimand in real life.

Spelling errors are very irritating to some. I also write on mobile but make the effort to reread myself and correct before submitting, and somewhat do expect that from others. If they don't care enough to do so then why should we care enough about answering their question.

Kind of a mutual respect thing, like, you know, everyday politeness. Across the web where no-one has any clue about anyone other than what they write and the way they do so then people who write badly appear the same way as the impolite spoiled brat you'd also certainly reprimand in real life.
My thoughts too. Spelling badly very often makes others think the person has limited intelligence, or goofed off in school when they should have been listening, and quite often people react to the person with those thoughts in mind. Not everyone who spells badly is like that though, so helping those who are poor spellers by pointing out their errors, should be welcomed by them. Many common misused words are Then when they really should be using Than, also using Their, They're, There wrongly, plus your and you're, compliment and complement, weather and whether as well as many others.

If it were me, I would welcome anyone bettering me, whether is be my spelling, flying or driving, for example. Of course I do not condone making fun of a person for bad spelling. With that said... @Cheech Wizard, if more people corrected those spelling poorly, they would no longer be made fun of, because they would have learned how to spell a long time ago. Allowing them to carry on like that with bad spelling is not really helping them. Of course we can all understand when the spill chicken in your phone is acting up and most of us can see what happened there and simply let that slide, however, a proof read would be better to do before you hit that send button. Further more, unlike many other forums, we have the luxury here of an edit feature which allows the poster to correct or add to what they have just sent, so really, there is no excuse other than ignorance, if one were to be brutally honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wilbur&Garth
My thoughts too. Spelling badly very often makes others think the person has limited intelligence, or goofed off in school when they should have been listening, and quite often people react to the person with those thoughts in mind. Not everyone who spells badly is like that though, so helping those who are poor spellers by pointing out their errors, should be welcomed by them. Many common misused words are Then when they really should be using Than, also using Their, They're, There wrongly, plus your and you're, compliment and complement, weather and whether as well as many others.

If it were me, I would welcome anyone bettering me, whether is be my spelling, flying or driving, for example. Of course I do not condone making fun of a person for bad spelling. With that said... @Cheech Wizard, if more people corrected those spelling poorly, they would no longer be made fun of, because they would have learned how to spell a long time ago. Allowing them to carry on like that with bad spelling is not really helping them. Of course we can all understand when the spill chicken in your phone is acting up and most of us can see what happened there and simply let that slide, however, a proof read would be better to do before you hit that send button. Further more, unlike many other forums, we have the luxury here of an edit feature which allows the poster to correct or add to what they have just sent, so really, there is no excuse other than ignorance, if one were to be brutally honest.

I saw a post where a member was shamed for his spelling to the point he had to admit to the antagonist that he wasn't very well educated because he had to drop out of school to take care of his mother and siblings... think he wasn't embarrassed? Nobody knows anybody here and we are not supposed to assume we know somebody by reading what they type. But when it's the same people over and over again causing discourse, you tend to remember and say "Not this guy again". I have been on this site long enough to know who is a great member helping ALL the time or just some who wants attention ALL of the time.

I could care less about spelling and grammar most of the time. ( a lot of you probably have noticed)
I figure if I can write something and convey my message I have accomplished affective communication. For those that proofread posts, they must do that because they are not able to understand the subject matter. And can’t add any value to the conversation.

I saw a post where a member was shamed for his spelling to the point he had to admit to the antagonist that he wasn't very well educated because he had to drop out of school to take care of his mother and siblings... think he wasn't embarrassed? Nobody knows anybody here and we are not supposed to assume we know somebody by reading what they type. But when it's the same people over and over again causing discourse, you tend to remember and say "Not this guy again". I have been on this site long enough to know who is a great member helping ALL the time or just some who wants attention ALL of the time.
I understand such circumstances and they are sad. With that said, had people over the years offered correction to his grammar, the incident you mentioned would not have happened, so sitting by and saying nothing had not helped that poor guy had it? So we are full circle to offering correction to those that need it. It is then up to them to use it or ignore it.

Reactions: Kilrah
For those that proofread posts, they must do that because they are not able to understand the subject matter.
People don't go and "proofread" or scrutinize others' posts for mistakes, it's just that when they run across the "affective" communication bits at full normal spead and with no detrimental effect to their understanding it just appears to them as if someone shone a flash in their face.

People don't go and "proofread" or scrutinize others' posts for mistakes, it's just that when they run across the "affective" communication bits at full normal spead and with no detrimental effect to their understanding it just appears to them as if someone shone a flash in their face.
LOL! It worked!
I knew I would draw out the hard cores by replacing EFFECTIVE with AFFECTIVE...... It was a Last minute decision. Grammer Nazi's are always make some snide comment for that one.
I almost added a sentence with Your and You're switched around, but I thought that would be too easy. I wanted to draw out the cream of the crop. Now we know :D
Put yourself down as the most observant proofreader on the forum today! :D

ETA; What does spead mean? LOL!

**BOOM** Drops the mic.!

LOL! It worked!
I knew I would draw out the hard cores by replacing EFFECTIVE with AFFECTIVE...... It was a Last minute decision. Grammer Nazi's are always make some snide comment for that one.
I almost added a sentence with Your and You're switched around, but I thought that would be too easy. I wanted to draw out the cream of the crop. Now we know :D
Put yourself down as the most observant proofreader on the forum today! :D

ETA; What does spead mean? LOL!

**BOOM** Drops the mic.!
Get em bro

Reactions: Kilrah
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members