DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Block/Ignore, repeat offenders. Trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE GUY HAD TO DROP OUT OF SCHOOL TO SUPPORT HIS FAMILY!!! Would you offer to tutor him? I have his info.
I'd be happy to help tutor him, if that is what he would like, wouldn't you? The way you put that question, some might think you are saying that you would not care to tutor him. Why even bother asking someone else, why not keep quiet and offer to help him yourself?

All I can say is WOW, this guy had a low education and had to admit it... are you going to teach him how to spell? Do you remember that there was an antagonist? Maybe... and it's my opinion, I think some people need to learn how to read, comprehend and store that information.
It is one thing to point out incorrect spelling or wrong use of a word, that should be taken as constructive criticism and used to improve ones spelling. It is another thing all together to see someone being an antagonist towards a person who is miss spelling or using the wrong words. As I said, I do not condone anyone being bullied about their poor spelling or bad use of grammar. However, I would have thought most educated people, regardless of their level of education, would welcome help in bettering themselves through others helping them to improve their spelling or use of grammar.

I believe you understand what is being said here and there is no need to keep beating this horse, in this particular case. If you feel the need to continually misconstrue or misunderstand what is being said here, then that is your prerogative, and no further comment needs to be made.

FaroffHappyBrant-size_restricted.gif

I said that. He was quoting me.

The brain only need to see the right letters in a group with the first and last letter correctly placed to understand it. So a simple spelling error does foul that fact up, so maybe it is some sort of disorder, like dyslexia or something that makes spelling such an issue for some?

I think you are again missing the point that others are making about spelling, and its value in communication. Of course others can understand what is being said, despite jumbled words or letters left out, as you show in your example, that was not the point being made here. It was about using words correctly. As for spelling on its own, if there were two equally qualified people going for a job at a large corporation and one could spell correctly and the other was poor at spelling, you can be assured that the poor speller would not be given the job. Do you then think that the big corporation suffers from "some sort of disorder, like dyslexia or something", no, not at all, good spelling is the way of the world, you spell well, you get on better in the working world, compared to someone who does not.

Those who have any self esteem would want to improve themselves when ever possible and spelling would be one of those ways. For someone who has a problem spelling and is helped out by having another correct them, that should be see as help and it would be expected that would wish to improve themselves, and those people will advance. On the other hand, if a poor speller simply attacks someone helping them to be correct, then that person will, most probably, remain along the road side while other move forward. And in a social setting they will probably be blissfully unaware that others are silently judging them by the way they speak or write, as unfair that you may feel that may be. I think we can now put this one to bed.

Last edited:
I think you are again missing the point that others are making about spelling, and its value in communication. Of course others can understand what is being said, despite jumbled words or letters left out, as you show in your example, that was not the point being made here. It was about using words correctly. As for spelling on its own, if there were two equally qualified people going for a job at a large corporation and one could spell correctly and the other was poor at spelling, you can be assured that the poor speller would not be given the job. Do you then think that the big corporation suffers from "some sort of disorder, like dyslexia or something", no, not at all, good spelling is the way of the world, you spell well, you get on better in the working world, compared to someone who does not.

Those who have any self esteem would want to improve themselves when ever possible and spelling would be one of those ways. For someone who has a problem spelling and is helped out by having another correct them, that should be see as help and it would be expected that would wish to improve themselves, and those people will advance. On the other hand, if a poor speller simply attacks someone helping them to be correct, then that person will, most probably, remain along the road side while other move forward. And in a social setting they will probably be blissfully unaware that others are silently judging them by the way they speak or write, as unfair that you may feel that may be. I think we can now put this one to bed.

I love your conviction. Reminds me of one of my favorite middle school teachers who often said spelling and grammar are the keys to success. Yet it didnt work out so well for her. But you know what they say about teachers, 'Those who can, DO and those who CANT, teach" (not my quote) I know of a few successful people in my small town of 50,000 that couldn't spell much more than their own name. Yet managed to build an empire anyway. With REAL success, comes personal assistants to type and write all your correspondence for you If you only want deal with people that demand perfect form and spelling. I think there is actually college courses for just that purpose. But,
I see where your heart is, what you dont get is that spelling isn't as important as performance in ANY setting.
There are billionaires that cant read at an 8th grade level.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
I love your conviction. Reminds me of one of my favorite middle school teachers who often said spelling and grammar are the keys to success. Yet it didnt work out so well for her. But you know what they say about teachers, 'Those who can, DO and those who CANT, teach" (not my quote) I know of a few successful people in my small town of 50,000 that couldn't spell much more than their own name. Yet managed to build an empire anyway. With REAL success, comes personal assistants to type and write all your correspondence for you If you only want deal with people that demand perfect form and spelling. I think there is actually college courses for just that purpose. But,
I see where your heart is, what you dont get is that spelling isn't as important as performance in ANY setting.
There are billionaires that cant read at an 8th grade level.
Yes, we have all heard that quote about teachers, quite stupid it is too and makes no sense at all. Every great person out there from business to sport all had teachers to guide them along their way, from their childhood and through university, if they attended. Therefore, it really is foolish to even bother quoting such a thing since every one of us has benefitted from being taught, be it a teacher or a parent. Many Olympic champions went on to set up schools to teach what they were great at so that stupid statement falls a bit flat, don't you think? As for your bringing up a few isolated cases of people being successful with little education, of course we are all well aware that such anomalies exist, but those are not the norm.

How could you quote one of your "favorite teachers" and then disrespect them the way you just did by suggesting that things did not work out for them because they were "only" a teacher? I'm afraid you have just shown yourself for the type of character that you really are, or maybe you would like to clarify your remark, so we understand what you were intimating about that teacher.

To say that teachers can't do because they teach is a ridiculous statement, regardless if it was someone else's quote, you chose to mention it. However you now seem to be grasping at straws, because none of what has been discussed here has anything to do with teaching, If you read back, you are the one who has brought teachers into this thread. If I were you, I would quietly stop responding because you are slowly revealing to us all, just how closely you resemble the types who you initially said you disliked so much on these forums. I've wasted too much time on you. The mic has been dropped.

Please lets not let this thread be a personal thing between you two .
If it doesn't stop and this get back close to the op it's going to be over .
Guys off topic was made to have fun in but this is getting stupid .
If you two want to continue at each other do so in a message as that is what that feature is for.
Thank You
dc

Reactions: Elton Hammonds

Personally I can't believe I just read that crap! Which high horse did you ride to the rodeo on Tonto? Corporation's DO hire people that have dyslexia, down syndrome, and many other issues people may have that prevent them from doing well in spelling or grammar. "if there were two equally qualified people going for a job at a large corporation and one could spell correctly and the other was poor at spelling, you can be assured that the poor speller would not be given the job." HOW WRONG you are! I myself suffer from Dyslexia, and can assure you I passed countless of others (that spelled far-far better than i) and who got one of 4 jobs at NASA/Kennedy Space Center doing graphics/multimedia for the Shuttle Mission? I'll not tell you how much it paid but is was real good!!! Now after the Shuttle has been retired, I find myself at the DoD doing Multimedia and the pay is even better!! Guess what... I still have a problem with dyslexia and spelling! Did I get passed up because of this issue, no! And for those out there, stay far away from people that post crap like this that say's you're going to be passed up if you can't spell or have poor grammar! WAY out of line Tonto!

It is one thing to point out incorrect spelling or wrong use of a word, that should be taken as constructive criticism and used to improve ones spelling. It is another thing all together to see someone being an antagonist towards a person who is miss spelling or using the wrong words. As I said, I do not condone anyone being bullied about their poor spelling or bad use of grammar. However, I would have thought most educated people, regardless of their level of education, would welcome help in bettering themselves through others helping them to improve their spelling or use of grammar.

I believe you understand what is being said here and there is no need to keep beating this horse, in this particular case. If you feel the need to continually misconstrue or misunderstand what is being said here, then that is your prerogative, and no further comment needs to be made.
I never brought spelling up in the first place, this whole post is about antagonists and bully's... never saw an Off Topic go go more Off Topic.

I'd be happy to help tutor him, if that is what he would like, wouldn't you? The way you put that question, some might think you are saying that you would not care to tutor him. Why even bother asking someone else, why not keep quiet and offer to help him yourself?

Because, I don't think it's right to embarrass him by asking. I read his comments and got what he was saying. And there was one jerk giving him hard a time (sound familiar?) AND this is my post, so either you go away quietly or I will try the Ignore button or report you as a Troll. If you bothered to read and comprehend the fist post, I quoted an Administrator saying to use the ignore function to rid your life of pests. So, the ball is in your court... You Do want to better yourself right? Try an Etiquette class, it will teach you how to interact with people.

It did and it's over .
dos30bc_8036fb8cf8ced41ca30858df79e7e9af8221ec4f.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet