DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bower Carbon Fiber Props for Mavic Pro

mmcnel99

Reactions
Has anyone tried these before. If so, how well did they work?

I bought 2 pair yesterday at Best Buy and they caused so much vibration that I got the DJI vibration alert.

Planning in returning them this afternoon.

(Yes, I checked to make sure they were installed properly)

Thanks!

Using 3rd party props is generally a very bad idea and largely pointless, not recommended. There have been many stories of attempts ending in tears.

But carbon fiber is always better.

Nope. Been discussed many times m

There is zero point in using them, other than bragging rights. They're heavier than stock, almost all of them have an inferior design with a screw that is a major point of failure, you have no idea about the QC for balancing them, and the limitation of the aircraft is electronic (you can triple the ascent rate and get almost 150% of the stock speed with stock propellers if you change the parameters alone), so the additional rigidity or changes in angle of attack are going to make no significant changes to performance.

The Bower carbon fiber props are a disaster! Flying yesterday and the rears came apart in mid flight causing a catastrophic crash! After finding my Magic Pro , I discovered that the plastic bases on the two front props were cracked clean through, and part of one that detached, in the motor. The alarm sounded that a prop was missing on my hand held unit prior to the crash. All this after less than two dozen flights with them attached. I am attempting to file a claim with Bower for repairs to the gimbal which is now useless.

I tried a set, they did make more vibration and the drone dropped 1-2 feet when I flew out and just let go of the throttle.

But at twice the price of the DJI props they must be better??
The genuine DJI props are a steal at around £10 here in the UK. Almost a disposable item and as said above, you are better off investing time in adjusting parameters rather than wasting money on components of dubious quality that won’t give any return without those adjustments anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada