DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new battery – no lights

Elude

Reactions
I just bought a brand new Mavic 2 battery. When I push the button there are no lights that come on. Is this normal? I don’t recall that on my other batteries I bought but it has been a few months. I thought they had two lights when I got them from the factory. Shouldn’t they come charged partially or is this how they present themselves in hibernation mode?

Manufacture date shows October 2018.

Last edited:
I just bought a brand new Mavic 2 battery. When I push the button there are no lights that come on. Is this normal? I don’t recall that on my other batteries I bought but it has been a few months. I thought they had two lights when I got them from the factory. Shouldn’t they come charged partially or is this how they present themselves in hibernation mode?

They usually come in hibernation mode. Try charging it

Yes they should come partially charged, worst case 10%. If it is not showing any lights, you can put it on the charger and see if, after 5 or 10 minutes, you are getting any lights. If so, put it in the Mavic and check your individual battery cell levels. I dont like running my batteries down to 10% but thats a whole different conversation. In hibernation mode, you are trusting the internal battery circuitry to prevent the battery from dropping below 10%.

I have never received a Mavic 2 battery from DJI that had no lights on. If I did, it would go straight back to DJI.

Reactions: Thomas B
Host your proof of purchase online and have the link ready. Open a support ticket online and the CSR will ask you for proof of purchase after checking the serial number to see when the battery was activated. Warranty is exactly 6 months on batteries.

You'll get a UPS tag emailed to you, print and ship.

Reactions: Thomas B and BD0G
I just ordered a spare original DJI Mavic 2 pro Battery from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and it will not charge above 50% and when you try to shut it off while it's connected to the drone, it will not shut off. Stays on. Already got the authorization to send it back. Even put it in the return box with 2 green lights staying on. The original Mavic 2 battery, that come with the drone, works fine. Oh well bad luck...

What was the manufacture date on that battery?
I just ordered a spare original DJI Mavic 2 pro Battery from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and it will not charge above 50% and when you try to shut it off while it's connected to the drone, it will not shut off. Stays on. Already got the authorization to send it back. Even put it in the return box with 2 green lights staying on. The original Mavic 2 battery, that come with the drone, works fine. Oh well bad luck...

Sorry, it's done boxed up. I do know it was a third party company that sent it to me, and the rep for Amazon said the new one will be coming straight from Amazon

i purchased my first DJI drone (M2P) w/ the fly longer pack directly from DJI 12 days ago; echo Mikey's comments; all 3 batteries came out of the box with no activity from the led, even after pressing the power buttons (i had a minor freakout). i put them on the charger (1 after another) and within 30'ish seconds each one illuminated 1-2 lights and continued charging.

i've only used them a couple of times but they are running strong (as far as my limited knowledge) and i 've stored them for about 5 days between 40% and 60% charge.

for the life of me i cannot find a manufacturer's date; i've even taken a picture of the label and read it line by line, the closest number sequence i can find to a year is 2014 and we know that can't be it.

Sorry, it's done boxed up. I do know it was a third party company that sent it to me, and the rep for Amazon said the new one will be coming straight from Amazon

Dont buy batteries or propellers and other critical parts from Amazon or EBay, only purchase them directly from authorized DJI retailers: B&H, Adorama, Best Buy, DJI, etc.

Dont buy batteries or propellers and other critical parts from Amazon or EBay, only purchase them directly from authorized DJI retailers: B&H, Adorama, Best Buy, DJI, etc.
Buying batteries, props, and other critical parts from Amazon is a perfectly safe thing to do if you're buying OEM DJI accessories. DJI and lots of other authorized DJI dealers sell accessories (and drones) on Amazon.

Buying batteries, props, and other critical parts from Amazon is a perfectly safe thing to do if you're buying OEM DJI accessories. DJI and lots of other authorized DJI dealers sell accessories (and drones) on Amazon.

DOA OEM old stock batteries dated Oct 2018? No thanks.

But really, I should have said avoid the Amazon private resellers, not the DJI authorized sellers. Adorama sells there too. Huge difference.

DOA OEM old stock batteries dated Oct 2018?
The fact that something is sold on Amazon does not mean it's old. Amazon is just a marketplace (like a brick and mortar Best Buy store). If something doesn't go as planned when buying on Amazon, it's super easy to get a replacement. Their A-to-Z guarantee is second to none.

If you've never purchased from Amazon, you should give it a shot. You'll be pleasantly surprised by their stellar service.

For my country, buying direct from DJI saves 12% tax as the packages arrive DHL with no extra charges.

The fact that something is sold on Amazon does not mean it's old. Amazon is just a marketplace (like a brick and mortar Best Buy store). If something doesn't go as planned when buying on Amazon, it's super easy to get a replacement. Their A-to-Z guarantee is second to none.

If you've never purchased from Amazon, you should give it a shot. You'll be pleasantly surprised by their stellar service.
Im familiar with it, actually an Amazon seller, too - out of print and rare science related books ;)

Heck I bought a new mp from DJI and it came with a faulty battery. Was so exited to fly but was not going to wait to fly from the time I sent it to the time I get it covered under warranty so I bought the bundle pack. Glad I did. Got the replacement after 10 days but I was in the air in 3 days

update:

The battery shows no light initially. I plugged into the charger and it woke up. It showed a 1/4 lights and when it started charging was 2/4 lights (1 solid, 2nd one flashing) so I thought all good.

However, when i put it in the drone i noticed this battery has more play than my other two (I checked several times) when latched into place. It doesn't feel like it would come out and it latches correctly. Does everyone else's batteries fit snug? Maybe i am overreacting but $afety is priority!

Its normal. Just charge it and wait for the lights to light up till full charge

I used this battery for about 3 small flights, and all was good. until it started going crazy. I did charge the battery several times and it showed fully charged until you put it in the Mavic 2, then it shows 1/2 charged according to the green flashing lights, and the graph in the battery indicators, all 4 graphs show equal and fully charged. Then you try to turn the Mavic off with the button on the battery, pushing once and then holding down the button. The mavic will not shut off... I have a battery from the original purchase of the drone and it works great. It was a bad battery and as I say, I tried everything known. so its shipped back and a new replacement will be here tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31