DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

brand new mavic air 2 using Android missing features on RC

WildcatDave

Reactions
just watched a really good half hour plus video from a guy that goes over everything very carefully. I hope you got paid for that it was excellent. I noticed when I fire mine up using the Galaxy S7 phone I do not have the option of setting the function button to switch between live view and map view. apparently after searching this is something they have not added for Android. must be so challenging to do, gosh don't wear yourselves out guys! also I do not have an option to turn off or on phone charging on the RC it's just completely missing. I'm guessing this is another Android issue.

this is a brand new unit purchase this week from Amazon with current firmware update. can others confirm Android is missing both of these features and it's not just something odd with my equipment. thank you

Yes, those two features are available only for iOS and not Android. It's been that way since the product was released. Neither of these are a big inconvenience for me. A tap shows the map and the charging current is a meager 500ma.

Yes, those two features are available only for iOS and not Android. It's been that way since the product was released. Neither of these are a big inconvenience for me. A tap shows the map and the charging current is a meager 500ma.

Thanks for your quick and specific reply. I don't think they are deal breakers at all. Probably will only use the function button to re-center the gimbal anyway. And keeping the phone charged seems like a smart thing to do, as from what I understand the battery in the RC is pretty large and should not be burdened by this at all. I just find it odd that these two simple features are omitted

Last edited:
I have a MA2 which I use with the Galaxy S7, it charges when plugged in to the RC. I've never thought about turning this function off tho

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada