DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new user but footage is awful compared to my P4. Settings ?

Valdal

Reactions
I am a new user to the Magic having just purchased a fly more package.
I have made no changes and just started up and made a few videos.
Im based in the UK so weather is poor right now, no direct sunlight ,just a moody type of lighting.

I have watched the videos back on my mac and the footage is poor, nothing like that I would have expected from my P4.
I am using a fast micro sd card so that isn't the issue.
Do I need to make setting changes prior to shooting decent footage ?
I realise this has almost definitely been asked before but thought it worth asking as I really want this machine to work out well for me.

thanks.

Film in +1 sharpness. The mavic camera has an issue on all of our craft.

Reactions: Valdal
I haven't changed any settings on the camera, i just opened the box, fitted a card and took it for a quick fly.
The video I downloaded was just over 1gb so ill upload to youtube later.
I realise that its hard to explain in writing what I mean about a video but before I upload it (later) the best way to explain it is that it is not crisp, not clear, like a grainy effect.

The p4 out of the box was much cleaner quality.

What was the correction?

Thats the thing, I have no idea because the magic I purchased was brand new, I filmed with it out of the box, no changes in settings whatsoever so the footage I took was that of the standard magic which in my case left a lot to be desired.
What I can confirm though is that with the reset and calibration the footage was then superb and to the level I had originally expected.
Sorry thats not much info as I don't know what settings changed or were altered but in my case the difference was immence.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kon_boz