DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BREAKING Flights at Gatwick Airport halted amid reports of drone flying in area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manual Page 1:
Keep the tennis ball in your good throwing hand. In the pictures on the following pages we explain the basics of the optional (DIY) drone defense. Because you should be well prepared for everything.

If you are unfamiliar with our tracking system, or it should fail, it would be good for you to own a smartphone or tablet brand: "TOMATO"; Because only for this hardware we have an illustrated manual with subtitles in your preferred language.

Users of other smartphones or tablets only have to spend a few months in patience until our exclusive contracts have expired.

Remember, you only have one try ...
Click here for a:
---Tennis Ball Upgrade (1 extra ball)---
or here for a:
---Tennis Ball Membership (1 ball per month)---
GOOD LUCK

Reactions: Dw911 and FoxhallGH
Seems that a reward for information leading to arrest and conviction of perps would be useful here. I’d contribute.

Does anyone in the UK know how the drone or drones were discovered?
Tony from USA

Does anyone in the UK know how the drone or drones were discovered?
Tony from USA
From initial reports, they were actually seen and heard by Airport security staff. There is a lot of [foreign] critique about the lack of photo's of the drones - but most of the activity has taken place in the dark ... It is the winter solstice - so there is a lot of dark at the moment!

Reactions: mnis
Not trying to be a ****, but what have you got to apologise for?
If someone is involved in a hit and run, as a fellow motorist I don't feel the need to apologise for another person actions
i was apologising on behalf of all the people who fly there UAVs safely and resposibly these idiots doing this are endangering our hobby we will all suffer if they bring in heavy handed rules because of what is happening at Gatwick

Reactions: mnis
i was apologising on behalf of all the people who fly there UAVs safely and resposibly these idiots doing this are endangering our hobby we will all suffer if they bring in heavy handed rules because of what is happening at Gatwick

Don’t apologise on my behalf. The criminal is nothing to do with me and I’m in no way associated with his/her/their crimes.

They have nothing to do with the “droning community” a bit like the guys who took flying lessons were nothing to do with pilots on 9/11.

Reactions: Bazzam
What if they are being flown autonomously so there is no rf signal to track, they programmed in a flight track and set it off the only thing guiding it is GPS ?

What if they are being flown autonomously so there is no rf signal to track, they programmed in a flight track and set it off the only thing guiding it is GPS ?
Somebody's got to press 'Go'

And they've shutdown the airport AGAIN today. Whoever is doing this should be publicly stoned to death. They are inevitably going to destroy the drone hobby and must be made an example of.

Another "possible" sighting. Which like most over the last few days may well not be real. Sure there may have been one or two initial actual sightings then the rest could easily be people seeing anything they cant ID and going "drone". People are now seeing ghosts everywhere because they're looking for and expecting them to be there.

I dont think whoever is doing it gives a toss about the drone hobby in general.

Reactions: Dw911
I just hope they were a couple of young ( Mod Removed ) who didn’t know any better.

BUT now that its happened, those with thoughts of doing harm will just copycat and shut down numerous airports

The probable outcome is that our pastime will be more restricted

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope they were a couple of young ( Mod Removed )who didn’t know any better.

BUT now that its happened, those with thoughts of doing harm will just copycat and shut down numerous airports

The probable outcome is that our pastime will be more restricted

I hope that they were apprehended as a result of measures that are then implemented at all airports, thereby making detection a certainty. I also hope they are swiftly dealt with and, if proven guilty, harsh consequential sentences are dealt.

This should then be enough to deter would be copycats, unless they are mentally ill of course.

Reactions: Aussie Oldtimer
I hope that they were apprehended as a result of measures that are then implemented at all airports, thereby making detection a certainty. I also hope they are swiftly dealt with and, if proven guilty, harsh consequential sentences are dealt.

This should then be enough to deter would be copycats, unless they are mentally ill of course.

I'm not sure if those who are willing to die for their beliefs are going to worry about any legal ramifications by us infidels

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure