DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Brick Lane - London

Doginabag

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
This is my latest from a couple of weeks back. Headed up to Brick Lane for a bowling session with some work colleagues and arrived early, which gave me some time for this.

Probably not to everyone's tastes. Trying for a gritty feel to this one and there is no shortage of things I can see wrong with it, filming in an urban setting is certainly much more of a challenge!

View: https://youtu.be/HQzY-3mDmUI

Not bad at all

Reactions: Doginabag
This is my latest from a couple of weeks back. Headed up to Brick Lane for a bowling session with some work colleagues and arrived early, which gave me some time for this.

Probably not to everyone's tastes. Trying for a gritty feel to this one and there is no shortage of things I can see wrong with it, filming in an urban setting is certainly much more of a challenge!

I am fearful of flying in the dark. This film was nice but a bit on the dark side.

I liked it. But I wonder if there is anything you can do about the flicker. We don't have noticeable flicker with lighting in the US, but I have had it happen repeatedly in short videos taken in Europe at night. Perhaps it is in the difference of our electrical systems. At any rate, I enjoyed the video. Keep shooting and posting, please!

Reactions: DISC and Doginabag
I liked it. But I wonder if there is anything you can do about the flicker. We don't have noticeable flicker with lighting in the US, but I have had it happen repeatedly in short videos taken in Europe at night. Perhaps it is in the difference of our electrical systems. At any rate, I enjoyed the video. Keep shooting and posting, please!
I think the US uses 60Hz, where as we use 50Hz in the UK.

The flicker only actually occurs in two shots, both that feature the red illuminated Truman sign. But I couldn't get rid of it and it stood out against the rest of the video, so I decided to add some in to the rest of the video and call it an artistic decision, I think it suits the gritty urban nightlife style I was aiming for.

I was thinking to try and vary the intensity of the flicker and beat match it to the music, but that is well above my know how and I am not sure my computer will handle that much use of fusion!

Great stuff! Nice to see - might be an interesting challenge to shoot that in the portrait mode especially with the street views. Thank you for posting.

I really liked it! It was gritty to me and different than my usual boring landscape videos. Thanks for sharing!

Oh wow, I love your video! You captured the busy city with such a tense, superhero film vibe - it's a really cool take. Also really nicely shot how clear the city's night lights come through too.

I really liked it! It was gritty to me and different than my usual boring landscape videos. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you!
I admit I have been feeling similar about my own lately. Where I live the landscape is pretty uninspiring so my better videos tend to only happen when I fit in some travel so starting to try and make a bit of of the urban flying.

Glad you liked it, thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne