DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brick New Jersey newbie

K2tocci

Reactions
If there's anyone in the Brick New Jersey area that could get together with me to help me get set up and start flying having problems with firmware update and understanding First Flight setup.

Well the firmware update went well and I did get it up in the air but I'm terrified this thing is going to crash from everything I've been reading about problems with the go 4 app I'm very nervous I'd like to have somebody who has experience with the mavic with me to show me from doing something wrong

Well the firmware update went well and I did get it up in the air but I'm terrified this thing is going to crash from everything I've been reading about problems with the go 4 app I'm very nervous I'd like to have somebody who has experience with the mavic with me to show me from doing something wrong
How have you been making out with your Mavic? I fly up in Spring Lake on the beach almost every morning during the week. If you would like to meet up let me know. Maybe I can help you out a bit. I've been flying since the Phantom 1 days in 2013 and have never had a fly away or crash.

Sorry for the lack of help. 1 month old twins i'm lucky to fly once a week. Mark have you experienced any trouble from anyone while flying. I've had no issues but I feel like the perception is that i'm spying on people.

Sorry for the lack of help. 1 month old twins i'm lucky to fly once a week. Mark have you experienced any trouble from anyone while flying. I've had no issues but I feel like the perception is that i'm spying on people.
In the 4+ years I have been flying, I have only had 1 minor incident with two woman yelling at me trying to tell me I was in the wrong and breaking the law for spying on people. This occurred at a Delaware beach all while I was nowhere around people capturing the sunset. I smiled and asked them politely if they knew the law and what gave them the impression that I was spying. I basically just smiled and kept flying while they continued to voice their beliefs that I was SO, 'breaking the law'. They simply walked away. Many, many people have stopped to watch, ask questions or pass by saying "drone, cool!". I find the early mornings are most enjoyable for a couple of reasons. One, the 'Golden Hour' during sunrise for amazing color. Two, fewer people around and much better chances of finding a good setup, launch/land position, especially around the beaches. I prefer to launch on boardwalk areas Vs beach to avoid the sand. The early mornings allow for this with fewer people. The evenings always have more people out and make it more difficult. I have had police see me flying both in their vehicles and on foot passing by and have never had any issues. It's important to know where you can and cannot fly. Always check AirMap or UAVforecast for NFZ or any flight restrictions. Check local and state park rules and postings. Be very cautious with low flying helos and planes, especially at beaches. Make sure you registered with FAA and mark registered numbers on whatever you're flying. In the end, if I feel like I'm being harrassed enough, but clearly not breaking any laws, I'd simply pack up and leave without getting into an altercation of any kind.

Great feedback. I've only had about 5 months of flying from the time I was given a phantom 1 to mess with but kinda experience the same thing. I go to bayhead beach and also try to go in the morning. I am registered and also check all of the maps. I have friends who are police officers and they tell me they really can't do anything so I just trust that with the FAA laws i'll be good. It's always the bad things people read on the news that give us hobbyist's a bad name.

What do you use your video for? Recently i've been trying to create some fun videos using Final Cut X. I am a beginner but shooting and the little time I have to edit is very relaxing.

Great feedback. I've only had about 5 months of flying from the time I was given a phantom 1 to mess with but kinda experience the same thing. I go to bayhead beach and also try to go in the morning. I am registered and also check all of the maps. I have friends who are police officers and they tell me they really can't do anything so I just trust that with the FAA laws i'll be good. It's always the bad things people read on the news that give us hobbyist's a bad name.

What do you use your video for? Recently i've been trying to create some fun videos using Final Cut X. I am a beginner but shooting and the little time I have to edit is very relaxing.
I'm pretty much the same. I find it all to be very relaxing and enjoyable. I really just shoot photos/videos for personal use. Wish I had more time to dig deeper into doing some higher end post/editing etc. I keep almost everything I shoot, backed up but really don't get the time needed to sit down and do some serious editing. Some of the videos I have seen put together by others, are simply amazing and inspiring. I'm planning on visiting Iceland soon and really look forward to doing some flying there.

Yeah the videos I watch on Youtube are impressive. That is what got me into drones. My wife and I traveled to some pretty cool places where the mavic would have been sweet. I got it a little too late. But once the kids get older I will use it or have the newer tech.

New to the Mavic group, I'm also in Brick.
I'm usually somewhere near the Shore on the weekends, 'Squan, Point, Seaside.
Let me know if anyone wants to meet up, we can exchange flight areas.
tues2.jpg

Nice picture!!! One day I'll be able to get out and fly again. Newborns are keeping the mavic grounded

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242