DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brighter Device

bkushner

Reactions
I know it's been beaten to death but I can't see my XS Max screen anymore in bright sun. What device (preferably phone size) would be super bright? I'd go tablet if need be.

Reactions: BamaBomber
I know it's been beaten to death but I can't see my XS Max screen anymore in bright sun. What device (preferably phone size) would be super bright? I'd go tablet if need be.
I have the DJI Smart Controller. I love it. It’s plenty bright in direct sun light.

At one time the SC was hands down the best way to go , now I would have to give serious consideration to the Triple , weather resistant , brighter and a faster processor.

I have a few clients in Alaska that are liking the Triple , just remember to change the Font size so you dont crash the DJI apps.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain .

I've followed the advice from Coal at Phantom Rain and started flying from inside my truck cab. Works beautifully for seeing the screen. Still use a shadow box outside with my iPad mini. Good nuff

I have the DJI Smart Controller. I love it. It’s plenty bright in direct sun light.
I see so many videos saying the range is bad compared to native controller.

At one time the SC was hands down the best way to go , now I would have to give serious consideration to the Triple , weather resistant , brighter and a faster processor.

I have a few clients in Alaska that are liking the Triple , just remember to change the Font size so you dont crash the DJI apps.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain .
Can you elaborate on the crashing or point me to the right direction. I was thinking about getting one of these...thanks.

If you do go the way of the Smart Controller and then want an even brighter screen for special situations, then take a look at the super bright FeelWorld 729s monitor with an amazing 2,200nits of brightness (the SC has I believe 1000nits).

I use this method for extremely bright situations like up in the Alps on a sunny day, I change the Feelworld screen to show just the camera and the SC for all the flight details. Yes it is more stuff to connect but there is nothing brighter on the market and at only about $235 it is an amazing monitor, for when you need that 7 inches of super bright screen.

Many times when needing I use a black umbrella. I’ll stick the handle down the back of my shirt and rest the canopy on my head. No problem, eliminates reflection and brightness of iPad is sufficient.

If you do go the way of the Smart Controller and then want an even brighter screen for special situations, then take a look at the super bright FeelWorld 729s monitor with an amazing 2,200nits of brightness (the SC has I believe 1000nits).

I use this method for extremely bright situations like up in the Alps on a sunny day, I change the Feelworld screen to show just the camera and the SC for all the flight details. Yes it is more stuff to connect but there is nothing brighter on the market and at only about $235 it is an amazing monitor, for when you need that 7 inches of super bright screen.
We also have used the set up and I agree the screen is very nice and with the pinch to zoom its exceptional detail however , the LAG between the already stressed SC and the extra Monitor is terrible but will work great for taking photos.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the Rain

I use my Crystlesky for all my drones. However, based on my research, it will not work with the Air2s I have coming in. So, I'll be looking into buying something as well

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Many times when needing I use a black umbrella. I’ll stick the handle down the back of my shirt and rest the canopy on my head. No problem, eliminates reflection and brightness of iPad is sufficient.
Wow, what a great idea, thanks, that makes perfect sense. Maybe get a white one to reflect the sun on the top and spray it black inside, for the reflection issues.

Using the Umbrella. Keeps the sun off me also, and the antennas clear for reception. In the past, going into shade under a tree or carport etc, reception was compromised. With the umbrella I’m mobile to move around!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I use my Crystlesky for all my drones. However, based on my research, it will not work with the Air2s I have coming in. So, I'll be looking into buying something as well
Thanks for this info, as I was going to pull trigger on a crystal sky soon. Saved me a few hundred bucks.

We also have used the set up and I agree the screen is very nice and with the pinch to zoom its exceptional detail however , the LAG between the already stressed SC and the extra Monitor is terrible but will work great for taking photos.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the Rain
I'd love to see how this is all mounted..

Because of the lag I ended up using it on my Camera as a monitor .
But thor makes a nice mount for the Monitor and it works well on top of the SC.

I still have the THOR mount in the box.

You can see the detail in clarity , not to mention the zoom ability is nice.

Screenshot 10-11-2020 21.38.13.jpg

Screenshot 10-11-2020 21.38.47.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid