DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BT-35E

I seen that also, but most of the documentation I read on these adapters claim that slot it is for charging. Will data still run back and forth to/from the ipad?

Darn, I think you’re right. It looks like you’d have to use something like an Nvidia Shield or something with an HDMI output. That’s unfortunate...

I seen that also, but most of the documentation I read on these adapters claim that slot it is for charging. Will data still run back and forth to/from the ipad?

You are correct about the Apple HDMI output adapter.
I recently purchased one to try in another application but it is dedicated to the HDMI output and the lightning input is charge ONLY. There is no communication through the charge port as it is designed.

Kevin

Looks like the BT-35E work with both HDMI and USB-C.
HDMI and USB-C Powered Moverio Smart Glasses | Epson US
I just bought the BT-300 with the controller where you do not use you phone or ipad. I really like the display the track pad is going to take a little getting use to. But now I see that the BT-35E is kind of a standalone device where you would still use your phone but would have the glasses as just a camera view. I think I would like this better over using the controller track pad. Any other views on this.
Oh, I do mono vision where one eye is for distance and the other is for close up. The DJI googles, I have both the standard and Racer models and I have trouble seeing things clearly but the Moverio glasses are really clear.

Hello Everyone,

Target at launch will be large enterprise customers using glasses mainly as a “second screen”
(Notice it is using the BT-350)

Drone/FPV use case hasn’t been completely optimized yet (mounting solution, shades, etc)

Initially, the HDMI box will not launch as an individual accessory, we are exploring options/programs to launch it as an add-on; but not guaranteed

US launch will be in the Fall.
Has the HDMI Box been released to the public yet? I've heard from some people in other forums that have them. I would really like to purchase one for my BT-300's!

Hello Doc,

Unfortunately, the box itself is not released for individual sale.

Hello Doc,

Unfortunately, the box itself is not released for individual sale.
Kind of confused? I called a spoke with sales person, they said that the Interface Unit is not compatable with the BT-300 glasses is this correct or not?
Also there is some concern wheather or not you can stream video data to the glasses via say the USB-C port of a phone to the Interface Unit and that it has to be through HDMI? From what I have found you can use either, is this correct?

Kind of confused? I called a spoke with sales person, they said that the Interface Unit is not compatable with the BT-300 glasses is this correct or not?
Also there is some concern wheather or not you can stream video data to the glasses via say the USB-C port of a phone to the Interface Unit and that it has to be through HDMI? From what I have found you can use either, is this correct?
That is not correct. It is compatible, but the glasses have the latest firmware.

You are correct, you can use either usb-c or hdmi to stream video to the glasses.

That is not correct. It is compatible, but the glasses have the latest firmware.

You are correct, you can use either usb-c or hdmi to stream video to the glasses.
Darn... now I have to make up my mind if I want then to place an order for the BT-35e and send back to Amazon the BT-300 glasses I just received or wait to see if and when the Interface Unit comes available.
Any suggestions what to do?

Looks like the BT-35E work with both HDMI and USB-C.
HDMI and USB-C Powered Moverio Smart Glasses | Epson US
I just bought the BT-300 with the controller where you do not use you phone or ipad. I really like the display the track pad is going to take a little getting use to. But now I see that the BT-35E is kind of a standalone device where you would still use your phone but would have the glasses as just a camera view. I think I would like this better over using the controller track pad. Any other views on this.
Oh, I do mono vision where one eye is for distance and the other is for close up. The DJI googles, I have both the standard and Racer models and I have trouble seeing things clearly but the Moverio glasses are really clear.

I had the goggles and only downside, but a huge negative, is that you need a spotter. I demoed the 35E, and I did not see the cursor and was told that you had to look at phone to see cursor. I went with 300 primarily because I could see drone and display with cursor simultaneously. The 300's do not have a flip up sun shield like the 35s. The resoulution is fine. For me the 300s are fantastic.

I had the goggles and only downside, but a huge negative, is that you need a spotter. I demoed the 35E, and I did not see the cursor and was told that you had to look at phone to see cursor. I went with 300 primarily because I could see drone and display with cursor simultaneously. The 300's do not have a flip up sun shield like the 35s. The resolution is fine. For me the 300s are fantastic.
Will I guess I can now try both. Just received the bt-35e. The little interface box seems to be mainly just a transfer port so the video out from you controller is ported either HDMI or USB c connection. What comes with the glasses is a bigger case.... two shields, a power charger (which is just if you near a 110vac source, there is nothing to charge up!) and a USB to micro USB cable. So not sure why the costs is so much more for the bt-35 over the bt-300?? And to just clarify, the DJI GO4 app is on you phone or tablet not displayed in the glasses.

Well so far no good. Not sure what I am doing wrong but I get a NO SIGNAL and flashing blue light which means error. I connected a cable from the bottom USB port of the Mavic controller and then plug into the USB-C port of the bt-35e box. Is there another way to connect? Not sure now if this is going to work. I hope I don't have to buy the crystal sky like Captain Drone is showing....

The Mavic controller does not output HDMI. DJI may make some sort of an adapter as they can connect their goggles to a Mavic I believe. I use a Nvdia Shield K1 tablet that provides me with an HDMI output for my Mavric. I would test the glasses with a working DVD player that has a true HDMI output to make sure they are working. Also if you have a Phantom with HDMI out you could try that as well. In any case you need a true HDMI signal to get the BT-35 to work.

~Bill

Well is looks like you cannot or at least I cannot use the BT-35e with my DJI drones. I had a brain fart thinking I could stream video out from the bottom port on the controller. I am using the side port to run the DJI GO4 app on my phone. So I do not see how you can stream video form the drone?? So I guess the only option is to use the BT-300.

Is this correct??

Well is looks like you cannot or at least I cannot use the BT-35e with my DJI drones. I had a brain fart thinking I could stream video out from the bottom port on the controller. I am using the side port to run the DJI GO4 app on my phone. So I do not see how you can stream video form the drone?? So I guess the only option is to use the BT-300.

Is this correct??
The 35 streams from a tablet, phone or CrystalSky...not from remote controller. The 300 is an android device, the DJI app is built into the 300 controller.

The 35 streams from a tablet, phone or CrystalSky...not from remote controller. The 300 is an android device, the DJI app is built into the 300 controller.
Understand, I have also the 300. But I would like to use which I have the 35 but cannot figure out now how to connect up. My phone is connected to the controller but then I do not see how to connect to the 35 for the video from the aircraft. I was looking at a cable that goes from USB to HDMI, but then the bottom USB of the controller cannot be used.

The Mavic controller does not output HDMI. DJI may make some sort of an adapter as they can connect their goggles to a Mavic I believe. I use a Nvdia Shield K1 tablet that provides me with an HDMI output for my Mavric. I would test the glasses with a working DVD player that has a true HDMI output to make sure they are working. Also if you have a Phantom with HDMI out you could try that as well. In any case you need a true HDMI signal to get the BT-35 to work.

~Bill
Hi Bill, I didn't see your post. So then using a Samsung phone you cannot really use the BT-35e, unless you have something that will output HDMI signal, correct?

Well so far no good. Not sure what I am doing wrong but I get a NO SIGNAL and flashing blue light which means error. I connected a cable from the bottom USB port of the Mavic controller and then plug into the USB-C port of the bt-35e box. Is there another way to connect? Not sure now if this is going to work. I hope I don't have to buy the crystal sky like Captain Drone is showing....
Hi Bill, I didn't see your post. So then using a Samsung phone you cannot really use the BT-35e, unless you have something that will output HDMI signal, correct?

Attachments

• BBC2D23C-2117-4466-A512-9C20B0BDB01D.png
    BBC2D23C-2117-4466-A512-9C20B0BDB01D.png
    157.2 KB · Views: 76

Correct.

Some phones can output HDMI through their USB port but then you would not have any way to connect to the DJI controller. Not sure a hub would pass all the data and HDMI but may be possible. I have an old Motorola phone that has a separate HDMI port but it is too slow for use with any drone.

Some tablets have both a USB and a HDMI port. I have a Nvidia Shield K1 that has both and would solve your current problem. But personally I prefer a smaller monitor (phone size) for my Mavic and Spark. I also use my BT-300's with all my drones but I am hoping Epson will release and sell an adapter that will allow me to use the BT-300 glasses with HDMI.

I know that the DJI goggles can connect to the Mavic but there must be some magic going on in the goggles to make this happen. I wish DJI would release an HDMI adapter for the Mavic.

~Bill

Correct.

Some phones can output HDMI through their USB port but then you would not have any way to connect to the DJI controller. Not sure a hub would pass all the data and HDMI but may be possible. I have an old Motorola phone that has a separate HDMI port but it is too slow for use with any drone.

Some tablets have both a USB and a HDMI port. I have a Nvidia Shield K1 that has both and would solve your current problem. But personally I prefer a smaller monitor (phone size) for my Mavic and Spark. I also use my BT-300's with all my drones but I am hoping Epson will release and sell an adapter that will allow me to use the BT-300 glasses with HDMI.

I know that the DJI goggles can connect to the Mavic but there must be some magic going on in the goggles to make this happen. I wish DJI would release an HDMI adapter for the Mavic.

~Bill

I forgot to add some phones can be made to output HDMI with an adapter. Check to see if your phone is capable. For most Android smartphones that support HDMI out, an MHL to HDMI or SlimPort to HDMI adapter will be required. These are fairly cheap and available on Amazon. I forgot I used one on my LG G3 in the car some time ago. There is also a mini USB port on the module but I do not know if it will pass data or just for charging that may allow you to connect to the DJI controller.

https://www.amazon.com/Multiport-Ch...mhl+to+hdmi+adapter+for+android+devices&psc=1

The device above looks like it will pass data as well as HDMI. but not sure. It appears the phone must have a USB type C connector.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada