DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BT-35E

Hi Bill, I guess I am totally obsessed with trying to figure out a way to use the Moreover bt-35 instead of the bt-300. I really like the glasses but don't like the Android track-pad on the 300. I fly using my phone which is the Samsung S9+ which is real good in the sun.

Now I am considering the CrystalSky but then you need a mount and just more stuff to pack around. I have both 35 and 300, I guess I maybe should stick with the 300.. BUT THEN!!

Hi Bill, I guess I am totally obsessed with trying to figure out a way to use the Moreover bt-35 instead of the bt-300. I really like the glasses but don't like the Android track-pad on the 300. I fly using my phone which is the Samsung S9+ which is real good in the sun.

Now I am considering the CrystalSky but then you need a mount and just more stuff to pack around. I have both 35 and 300, I guess I maybe should stick with the 300.. BUT THEN!!

I'm with you. I do not mind the control pad as a mater of fact I got to a point where I actually liked it. But then I started having shutdown issues during flight on hot days but only when using an OTG cable. Originally I used it only with my Spark using a WiFi connection to the controller. Never had an issue when using WiFi but when using OTG with my Mavic and or Spark it started over heating and shut down. I tried all kinds of cooling things and they did help but then I got discouraged. I tried working with Epson on the overheating but they got tied of hearing from me. There are lots of threads here where a bunch of us where attempting to find a solution. I did find a mounting bracket that holds the control pad more vertical so there is less exposure to the sun and that helped a lot. I also try to shade the controller as much as possible.

I think a CrystalSky is a great solution because if the 35's fail you can look down at the CrystalSky. If Epson ever releases a HDMI adapter for the BT-300's I will be first in line. Then I will find a small phone display with HDMI out or maybe even a CrystalSky. My only gripe with the CrystalSky is the mounting system. Oh well I guess nothing is perfect.

I found this article about your S9. The S9 will output HDMI but needs an adapter. The adapter in the article says it will pass data as well so should allow you to connect to your controller as well as the 35's. This unit or the one from amazon may be a perfect solution. Check it out.

How to connect Galaxy S9 / S9+ to TV

~Bill

Hello Doc,

Unfortunately, the box itself is not released for individual sale.
Do you think the interface box would be available at sometime. I now have both the BT-300 and BT-35e glasses. Both have the same resolution and appears to be the same as far as the picture projected. I did try the 300 glasses connected to the 35 interface box and it does work. So if you have the BT-300 glasses all you would need is the interface box. I want ahead and bought the CrystalSky 5.5 which I am glad I did, very nice to try the 35. I like the 300 glasses I think better because the fold up smaller over the 35 glasses.

So would really like to see if we can get the interface box but then that might kill sales for the BT-35 that are $200 more in cost.

I'm with you. I do not mind the control pad as a mater of fact I got to a point where I actually liked it. But then I started having shutdown issues during flight on hot days but only when using an OTG cable. Originally I used it only with my Spark using a WiFi connection to the controller. Never had an issue when using WiFi but when using OTG with my Mavic and or Spark it started over heating and shut down. I tried all kinds of cooling things and they did help but then I got discouraged. I tried working with Epson on the overheating but they got tied of hearing from me. There are lots of threads here where a bunch of us where attempting to find a solution. I did find a mounting bracket that holds the control pad more vertical so there is less exposure to the sun and that helped a lot. I also try to shade the controller as much as possible.

I think a CrystalSky is a great solution because if the 35's fail you can look down at the CrystalSky. If Epson ever releases a HDMI adapter for the BT-300's I will be first in line. Then I will find a small phone display with HDMI out or maybe even a CrystalSky. My only gripe with the CrystalSky is the mounting system. Oh well I guess nothing is perfect.

I found this article about your S9. The S9 will output HDMI but needs an adapter. The adapter in the article says it will pass data as well so should allow you to connect to your controller as well as the 35's. This unit or the one from amazon may be a perfect solution. Check it out.

How to connect Galaxy S9 / S9+ to TV

~Bill
Your right Bill, I purchased an adapter from Amazon for I think 10 bucks and it works great. But then I really only want the glasses to fly. I did buy the CrystalSky 5.5 on Amazon for $449 new and I am glad I did. It is pretty nice. There are a few options to mount, but then getting away from the easy or less gear by just using your phone....

Reactions: FL AV8R
Your right Bill, I purchased an adapter from Amazon for I think 10 bucks and it works great. But then I really only want the glasses to fly. I did buy the CrystalSky 5.5 on Amazon for $449 new and I am glad I did. It is pretty nice. There are a few options to mount, but then getting away from the easy or less gear by just using your phone....

I am really on the fence with getting a crystal sky and the bt35. I would love to just get the bt300 for ease of use, but i am afraid that the bt300 is not very future proof. Since you have both, If you had to choose which one would you go with?

I saw a BT-30E advertised on eBay but I believe it is a misprint. But you never know!

I am really on the fence with getting a crystal sky and the bt35. I would love to just get the bt300 for ease of use, but i am afraid that the bt300 is not very future proof. Since you have both, If you had to choose which one would you go with?
Hi, I am also on the fence. I do have both units. The BT-300 you have to use their interface, Android track pad which has the DJI Go4 app running. You select or change things from the track pad while looking through the glasses. I found this a little different but then I am use to using a phone. But it isn't really to bad. Not the BT-35e is just the glasses and this interface box. Unfortunately you have to use something that can output a HDMI video signal like the Crystalsky, which I also just bought. So now to use the BT-35 you have to use the Crystalsky (which runs you DJI GO4 app.) and then also you have to have some sort of a power bank or brick to power the interface box, also audio then once the HDMI cable is connected you have to use ear buds to hear notifications from the DJI GO4 app. So long story short the BT-35 take a little more setup time, but you have a display like your phone that you can adjust things in the Go app vs the track pad and seeing the display in the glasses. Also the BT-300 glasses fold up more compact than the BT-35 glasses.

Hope this helps... But I am glad I did get the Crystalsky...

I am a bit confused...what is better to buy ? bt-35e or bt-300 ? I fly mavic with RC and IPAD . I understand from some reviews that using track pad of bt300 is not so comfortable but whats good is that you dont need your Phone or tablet and it takes less space. From the other hand BT-35E sit on your head more stable . The downside of bt-35e for me is that it's not clear if it is working with an ipad via lighting hdmi adapter or not...as i understand the lighting port on adapter is for charging only...Guys who has both glasses what would you recommend ? and i dont want to buy another tablet or crystall sky because of HDMI OUTPUT ...it's already too much money spend

I am a bit confused...what is better to buy ? bt-35e or bt-300 ? I fly mavic with RC and IPAD . I understand from some reviews that using track pad of bt300 is not so comfortable but whats good is that you dont need your Phone or tablet and it takes less space. From the other hand BT-35E sit on your head more stable . The downside of bt-35e for me is that it's not clear if it is working with an ipad via lighting hdmi adapter or not...as i understand the lighting port on adapter is for charging only...Guys who has both glasses what would you recommend ? and i dont want to buy another tablet or crystall sky because of HDMI OUTPUT ...it's already too much money spend[/QUOTEHi, I do not think it will work with an ipad or smart phone like my Samsung S9+. Bottom line you need to have the DJI GO4 app running on either an Android or IOS device. You have to connect your drone controller into one of these or the BT-300 Android track pad. The Controller for the BT-300 has the HDMI out for the glasses. One other negative thing for the BT-35 is you need a power supply for the and the glasses do not fold up as small as the 300. So maybe the best option is the 300 and then hopefully we can get the interface for the 35 sold separately.

I am a bit confused...what is better to buy ? bt-35e or bt-300 ? I fly mavic with RC and IPAD . I understand from some reviews that using track pad of bt300 is not so comfortable but whats good is that you dont need your Phone or tablet and it takes less space. From the other hand BT-35E sit on your head more stable . The downside of bt-35e for me is that it's not clear if it is working with an ipad via lighting hdmi adapter or not...as i understand the lighting port on adapter is for charging only...Guys who has both glasses what would you recommend ? and i dont want to buy another tablet or crystall sky because of HDMI OUTPUT ...it's already too much money spend
I do not think it will work with an ipad or smart phone like my Samsung S9+. Bottom line you need to have the DJI GO4 app running on either an Android or IOS device. You have to connect your drone controller into one of these or the BT-300 Android track pad. The Controller for the BT-300 has the HDMI out for the glasses. One other negative thing for the BT-35 is you need a power supply for the and the glasses do not fold up as small as the 300. So maybe the best option is the 300 and then hopefully we can get the interface for the 35 sold separately.

I do not think it will work with an ipad or smart phone like my Samsung S9+. Bottom line you need to have the DJI GO4 app running on either an Android or IOS device. You have to connect your drone controller into one of these or the BT-300 Android track pad. The Controller for the BT-300 has the HDMI out for the glasses. One other negative thing for the BT-35 is you need a power supply for the and the glasses do not fold up as small as the 300. So maybe the best option is the 300 and then hopefully we can get the interface for the 35 sold separately.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I begin thinking that even bt-35e is a newer version and has some advantages , bt-300 serves my needs better.

I have the 300s and I do love them. Here are the pros and cons, as I see it:

Pros (300s): The android device is the control box for the glasses, therefore you don't need another device. It supplies the power to the glasses. The software that runs in this is optimized for the glasses. It does support bluetooth connection to keyboards and mice, so you're not sidled with the touchpad (which takes some getting used to). When you're flying, you don't need more than the glasses.

Cons (300s): The hardware chipset is older and therefore will eventually become obsolete. The hardware tends to heat up and some people have reported black outs when it overheats (I haven't had that yet). You are limited to the software that's in the Moverio store (but you can side-load other applications...you're kind of on your own for that). The controller is the only android device that the glasses can be used with. If you want someone else to see what you're seeing when you're flying, you have to hook up some kind of kludgy mirroring option that usually has some kind of performance problem.

Pros (35E): You can use the glasses with any device that supports the HDMI output. That means you are "future-proofed" because you'll be able to use them with future devices. This also means that a more powerful device (that won't overheat) will be able to be used for your drone. You are not limited to the applications that have been selected. Someone else can look over your shoulder (to your cpu device) and see what you're seeing through the glasses.

Cons(35E): You'll need another device that will actually be your cpu and source of video. You'll need power for the glasses. You have an additional box to add to your rig. It was a positive too, but for privacy it's a negative: Someone else can look over your shoulder (to your cpu device) and see what you're seeing through the glasses. The price point for the 35Es doesn't really support the fact that these are the 300s without an android device - you would think the cost should be less by approximately the cost of an android phone...but they are actually priced about the same as the 300 (with an android device)...so that's a pricing decision by Epson that puts it in the "Cons" category.

Conclusions:
Since I already own the 300s, I am looking to combine the two in the future. My upgrade path is to get the 35E interface box (only) and use my 300 glasses with them - once that option is available. That will give me my future proofing. If I was buying brand new today, I think I'd go straight to the 35Es and get a crystal sky or some other device as my cpu source.

Reactions: Stoshius and Morph

Pros (300s): The android device is the control box for the glasses, therefore you don't need another device. It supplies the power to the glasses. The software that runs in this is optimized for the glasses. It does support bluetooth connection to keyboards and mice, so you're not sidled with the touchpad (which takes some getting used to). When you're flying, you don't need more than the glasses.

Cons (300s): The hardware chipset is older and therefore will eventually become obsolete. The hardware tends to heat up and some people have reported black outs when it overheats (I haven't had that yet). You are limited to the software that's in the Moverio store (but you can side-load other applications...you're kind of on your own for that). The controller is the only android device that the glasses can be used with. If you want someone else to see what you're seeing when you're flying, you have to hook up some kind of kludgy mirroring option that usually has some kind of performance problem.

Pros (35E): You can use the glasses with any device that supports the HDMI output. That means you are "future-proofed" because you'll be able to use them with future devices. This also means that a more powerful device (that won't overheat) will be able to be used for your drone. You are not limited to the applications that have been selected. Someone else can look over your shoulder (to your cpu device) and see what you're seeing through the glasses.

Cons(35E): You'll need another device that will actually be your cpu and source of video. You'll need power for the glasses. You have an additional box to add to your rig. It was a positive too, but for privacy it's a negative: Someone else can look over your shoulder (to your cpu device) and see what you're seeing through the glasses. The price point for the 35Es doesn't really support the fact that these are the 300s without an android device - you would think the cost should be less by approximately the cost of an android phone...but they are actually priced about the same as the 300 (with an android device)...so that's a pricing decision by Epson that puts it in the "Cons" category.

Conclusions:
Since I already own the 300s, I am looking to combine the two in the future. My upgrade path is to get the 35E interface box (only) and use my 300 glasses with them - once that option is available. That will give me my future proofing. If I was buying brand new today, I think I'd go straight to the 35Es and get a crystal sky or some other device as my cpu source.
Thank you very much , i have now very clear picture and i need to decide...

Conclusions:
This is an excellent and straight forward analysis. My one question is, if you had a crystal sky, why would you need the glasses, or what would be the benefit of using the glasses?

This is an excellent and straight forward analysis. My one question is, if you had a crystal sky, why would you need the glasses, or what would be the benefit of using the glasses?

Well, I always kinda chuckle at the whole idea of "need" here...I'd say neither the CS or the Moverios qualify as true "needs" in my book. That being said, I'd say that they're basically two different things (CS vs. Moverios).

Do you want to maintain VLOS while flying? Do you want to have a more immersive experience that still lets you have some sense and awareness of the outside world? Do you want to look like a future-dork while you're flying your very expensive flying camera (ok...maybe not this...but you get the picture)? Well, if the answer is yes to all of those things, then I'd say that no matter what the CS does for you, the Moverios are the only current way to get there.

Now, are you just looking to have a sunlight proof way to see and control the DJI and other control apps while you're out? Are you looking for the highest resolution and clarity for pixel peeping while in air? Do you not mind having a gigantic heavy tablet attached to your flight controls while you're on a mission? Then, if the answer is yes to all of that...go for the CS.

Personally I think they're likely both way better experiences than just using some cell phone screen in the blaring sun or otherwise. That being said though, the experience between the two is WAY different.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots