DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BT-35E

I agree having a video touch screen is more ideal than a so called touch pad that moves a mouse for an app designed for "touch here" screen
Agreed - but if you have the Ace Solitaire enclosures for your glasses (which I love to fly with), the external screen is REALLY hard to see to touch. This is where the BT-300 touchscreen being visible within the field of the glasses is really valuable. I have also found that being very firm with your touch, you have far less false clicks than if you try to lightly glide your finger over the touchscreen.

Agreed - but if you have the Ace Solitaire enclosures for your glasses (which I love to fly with), the external screen is REALLY hard to see to touch. This is where the BT-300 touchscreen being visible within the field of the glasses is really valuable. I have also found that being very firm with your touch, you have far less false clicks than if you try to lightly glide your finger over the touchscreen.

I haven't tried the Solitaire, but for me it would defeat the purpose of 'see through' glasses and the screen is plenty bright with the provided tinted snap on. I agree with the firm touch method, but with my touchpad I had to press REALLY hard for this technique and it got old very quickly, and forget a smooth gimbal movement if doing so on the pad - the screen on the Smart Controller is more responsive than even the Crystalsky - reacting to a very gentle touch which I prefer over the gorilla touch/slide of the 300 pad (my experience)...

Last edited:
I haven't tried the Solitaire, but for me it would defeat the purpose of 'see through' glasses and the screen is plenty bright with the provided tinted snap on. I agree with the firm touch method, but with my touchpad I had to press REALLY hard for this technique and it got old very quickly, and forget a smooth gimbal movement if doing so on the pad - the screen on the Smart Controller is more responsive than even the Crystalsky - reacting to a very gentle touch which I prefer over the gorilla touch/slide of the 300 pad (my experience)...
There's plenty of visibility through the solitaire...I just find it hard to read a screen...particularly since I have inserts in my glasses and it's tough to read with my distance prescription. There are a lot of variables with all of this...which is why there isn't just one solution.

PERFECT SETUP APART FROM THE ASSININE PRICE POINT OF BOTH!!!

Can someone tell me why the BT-35E are $900, while the BT-300 that runs its own android system (albeit, an older 5.1 version) are $650-$700. I get the usefulness of plug n play 2nd screen, transparent glasses, but overall, they are less tech advanced than the 300s, other than glasses being 'industrialized' w/ safety glass layer and better coating...

Just askin?

Well so far no good. Not sure what I am doing wrong but I get a NO SIGNAL and flashing blue light which means error. I connected a cable from the bottom USB port of the Mavic controller and then plug into the USB-C port of the bt-35e box. Is there another way to connect? Not sure now if this is going to work. I hope I don't have to buy the crystal sky like Captain Drone is showing....

This is what I was afraid of, that the 35E's USB-C IN port is for Power Only, so your device wont recognize your drone controller, no data throughput...

So with the 35E's, it seems your only option (for drone flight) is to also buy the likewise way too expensive Crystalsky or the Smart Controller...

Still wondering why 35E's are $200+ more than 300's?

Reactions: Claretcass
I have both and work in commercial construction. The BT35s are alot more robust glasses. They are going to hold up in a commercial setting a lot better than the 300s. I think the difference in price is commercial vs hobby use. I like the 300 glasses better though for flying. They close up smaller. They just need to sell the hdmi box seperately.

I have proof...I just did it. My BT-300 glasses, hooked to a BT-35E box works with the HDMI and also with the USB-C output from my laptop.

I have not solved the problem of a device to fly my drone with the 35E box yet. The obvious answer (and the one that Epson gives you, BTW) is CrystalSky. Terrific right? Well, if any of you are thinking about flying with the Fluidity Aviator (which I have on order), you will need a bluetooth connection...and guess what CrystalSky does NOT have? Right. So you can't use CrystalSky with the Aviator.

Which leaves you to try to find a tablet / phone that has two ports - a USB-C and an HDMI or another USB-C that supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode. OK...good luck finding that. Everyone points to the NVIDIA Shield - which is no longer produced. I've been pestering a lot of people trying to find a NEW device that has multiple ports, one that supports AT LEAST USB-C DPA, and Bluetooth. Not finding the love.

My kingdom for the soul who can figure this out. Will a port-replicator work? If you can use something like THIS the problem is solved...I just don't know if it will work and I'm not sure it's worth the money to figure it all out. EDIT: This will not work...the output USB-C is power only. Ugh. Still looking.

- Gary

Probably not exactly what your looking for BUT Id sure love for someone brave enough to try these two options. Yeah they only have 2G RAM and yes one of them is running 5.1 android but the other is running 7.1 so its possible for $130 bucks there MIGHT be an inexpensive solution...

I found only a single review mentioning Mavic 2 use but it was good.

I asked him to try it while running GO4, Screen Record and HDMI Output simultaneously but have yet to here back...

Heres the URLs but I imagine many of you have already found these and probably dismissed them as 'under-powered' but IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A VERIFICATION IF POSSIBLE?

https://www.amazon.com/Simbans-TangoTab-Android-Bluetooth-Computer/dp/B078RYSGTR?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Touch-Android-Tablet-Storage/dp/B018AAL1PY?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

I have both and work in commercial construction. The BT35s are alot more robust glasses. They are going to hold up in a commercial setting a lot better than the 300s. I think the difference in price is commercial vs hobby use. I like the 300 glasses better though for flying. They close up smaller. They just need to sell the hdmi box seperately.
Thats what I kindve thought, as the Enterprise/Commercial market is always a bigger spender. I also like that the 300s store smaller than the 35E, thats likely why that recent post where someone is selling their BT-35E glasses but with the BT-300 trackpad. He probably owned both the 300 & 35E but kept the 300 glasses and the 35E HDMI input module.

Thx for the reply!

Probably not exactly what your looking for BUT Id sure love for someone brave enough to try these two options. Yeah they only have 2G RAM and yes one of them is running 5.1 android but the other is running 7.1 so its possible for $130 bucks there MIGHT be an inexpensive solution...

I found only a single review mentioning Mavic 2 use but it was good.

I asked him to try it while running GO4, Screen Record and HDMI Output simultaneously but have yet to here back...

Heres the URLs but I imagine many of you have already found these and probably dismissed them as 'under-powered' but IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A VERIFICATION IF POSSIBLE?

https://www.amazon.com/Simbans-TangoTab-Android-Bluetooth-Computer/dp/B078RYSGTR?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Touch-Android-Tablet-Storage/dp/B018AAL1PY?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1
A friend loaned me a NVIDIA Shield K1 tablet...so I'm good to go with the testing. I'll use that setup when my Fluidity Aviator comes in. Once Fluidity puts their app on the 300, I'm likely to just keep the 300s for flying and use the interface box for my laptop and watching movies, etc. (and return the shield to my friend) - because having to look down to the tablet to touch it is difficult with the optical inserts and Ace Solitaires on my glasses.

My eyes are 74mm apart to wide for BT-300 but are the bt35e wider
I don't know if Rochester Optical makes inserts for the 35E glasses that correct for Interpupilary Distance (IPD)...I would assume they do. I have them for my 300s and they actually do work. It's quite amazing.

I take it that your eyes are wide to
Mine are actually narrower than the 300s...and one is closer to the center than the other by 1mm. When you give your IPD to the Rochester guys, you need to give them a number for each eye...then they make the inserts that adjust for them. I was really amazed at how much clearer it makes everything.

Reactions: Morph
Mine are actually narrower than the 300s...and one is closer to the center than the other by 1mm. When you give your IPD to the Rochester guys, you need to give them a number for each eye...then they make the inserts that adjust for them. I was really amazed at how much clearer it makes everything.

What do they charge for this and what exactly are the inserts they send you exactly?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu