DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Buachaille Etive Mor and the waterfall on River Etive

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
A classic landscape photograph, and a must capture spot last weekend on our way north for a week long holiday - flying the drone - in the highlands...

Just off the main A82 route into Glencoe, a short way along the Glen Etive road is a parking spot next to a bridge a short walk from there are the River Etive falls, with the monumenal Buachaille Etive Mor mountain in the background. A spot beloved of photogaphers who will spend hours attempting to capture that one perfect photograph, thankfully the morning we arrived we had the place to ourselves, allowing a drone flight to try and captue the atmosphere of the place...

We were fortunate to have stunning weather on our way north through the area on our way for a week in Drumnadrochit - not that there is anything such as 'bad' weather in Scotland, just incorect clothing - which made capturing the footage relatively simple - and thankfully the wind was far less than it had been a few minutes earlier on the very exposed Rannoch Moor for the previous drone flight of the day..

just the name "Drumnadrochit" is crazy fun. starting out with that little stream and a reveal of the mtn was a nice touch. wonderfully done and a nice choice of music. I enjoyed the variations of the display of the mtn and the streams. thanks.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Very nice. One small bad edit...the first one...but that's being picky. Good music, good length, nice mix of shots. Could you also fly up to the mountain or is it farther than it looks.

Very nice. One small bad edit...the first one...but that's being picky. Good music, good length, nice mix of shots. Could you also fly up to the mountain or is it farther than it looks.
Thanks... The mountain is 3100ft tall, and a good mile or so away, so it 'could' be flown, although it would be BVLOS, however on that day it was exceptionally windy and I was trying to conserve batteries - I have 3 and didnt have an in car charger, had already flown in 3 other locations and had another 3 to do before we were due to reach the cottage - so a long distance flight was not on the cards...

However, on the way back - in much more atmospheric conditions - I did manage to get some longer distance and higher up footage of the valleys in Glencoe, will be posting them along with a lot of other video's once edited...

Excellent video. Loved the way the mountain was 'rock' steady while you were panning. Impressive!!

Excellent video. Loved the way the mountain was 'rock' steady while you were panning. Impressive!!
Thanks, I flew only with the fly right, forwards and up buttons so the gimbal wouldnt move, I couldnt use the subject lock as I knew the trees would get in the way...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne