DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Dog Falls, Glen Affric

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Today’s Drone footage from the recent Drumnadrochit trip - Dog Falls in Glen Affric…

The second day of our trip to Drumnadrochit, a moe relaxed and local day after the epic 8 hour drive from Manchester the previous day…

The weather was wet and cold, a mixture of snow showers, drizzle, short clear spells and some torential rain - if you don’t like the weather in Scotland just wait 5 minutes and it will change - but it was flyable - just! This was the third location flown in Glen Affric - a stunningly beautiful and rugged Glen not to far from Loch Ness and Inverness - with 2 other pieces of footage still waiting to be processed.

Some close in flying to capture the falls proper, one almost accident - I accidentally hit the fly right control instead of turn right and came within inches of hiting the wall of the gorge - but thankfully we managed to bring home ‘Mighty Midge’ despite my clumsiness!

Today’s Drone footage from the recent Drumnadrochit trip - Dog Falls in Glen Affric…

The second day of our trip to Drumnadrochit, a moe relaxed and local day after the epic 8 hour drive from Manchester the previous day…

The weather was wet and cold, a mixture of snow showers, drizzle, short clear spells and some torential rain - if you don’t like the weather in Scotland just wait 5 minutes and it will change - but it was flyable - just! This was the third location flown in Glen Affric - a stunningly beautiful and rugged Glen not to far from Loch Ness and Inverness - with 2 other pieces of footage still waiting to be processed.

Some close in flying to capture the falls proper, one almost accident - I accidentally hit the fly right control instead of turn right and came within inches of hiting the wall of the gorge - but thankfully we managed to bring home ‘Mighty Midge’ despite my clumsiness!

Nicely controlled footage.
Equipment?

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Great place to fly a drone. Being of Scottish descent on my mother's side (Irvine Clan, Drum), I love seeing videos of Scotland. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, lots more Scotland vidoe on my YT channel, and about 25 more to post form that trip, plus trips to Orkney and Skye planned for June and October :)

Well done. Nice flying through the rock gaps.
Thanks, was a little nerve wracking, but managed ok, despite the near encounter with the wall...

Reactions: Christian Irl.
Thanks... All shot with DJI MINI3 Pro and edited with DaVinci Resolve...
I have DaVinci Resolve but I just couldn't get along with it. Maybe with my new drone I'll try using it again because with my old drone (a H480) DaVinci pruduced 'jumpy' videos even though my PC is fully 4K capable. Currently using Filmora 12 to produce my vids at the moment.

I have DaVinci Resolve but I just couldn't get along with it. Maybe with my new drone I'll try using it again because with my old drone (a H480) DaVinci pruduced 'jumpy' videos even though my PC is fully 4K capable. Currently using Filmora 12 to produce my vids at the moment.
I had that issue with DaVinci producing jumpy video's, turned out to be frame rate mismatch between the native 29.97FPS of the recording and a 25FPS set on Resolve... If you get it then copy all the footage from the timeline by highlighting and right click, copy, then open a new timeline, with frame rate of 3ofps and paste it in... Worked for me and allowed me to revisit a video I was unhappy with..

This was the oiginal poor edit that was jumpy...

I had that issue with DaVinci producing jumpy video's, turned out to be frame rate mismatch between the native 29.97FPS of the recording and a 25FPS set on Resolve... If you get it then copy all the footage from the timeline by highlighting and right click, copy, then open a new timeline, with frame rate of 3ofps and paste it in... Worked for me and allowed me to revisit a video I was unhappy with..

And this was the improved footage... Now I just upload the video clips first to the new project on Resolve and when Resolve asks about changing frame rate I say yes....

Reactions: FlushVision
FlushVision
"Loved it. A particularly liked the nice slow sweeping into the gorge...excellently done, my hat is off to you."

Thanks, it was a case of line it up and then go for it, and just keep it smooth and straight :)

Last edited:

I'll try that next time I do another vid.

By the way, vid not showing. It says it's Private.

I'll try that next time I do another vid.

By the way, vid not showing. It says it's Private.
Sorry, it should have been visible with the link, now made public, try it again...

Reactions: Christian Irl.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman