DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bug with Mavic Air 2 Battery Auto-Discharge algorithm

Yaros

Reactions
My friend and I are experiencing a weird glitch with the auto-discharge feature on the Mavic Air 2 battery. One of my batteries, and one of my friend's batteries auto-discharges way too fast (by that I mean in a couple of hours after charging).
For me this started happening after the latest firmware update, and it is pretty concerning, it looks like the auto-discharge algorithm is out of sync somehow, not only it discharged my battery after only 30 minutes of being charged, it also discharged to lower than 25%. I'm concerned that it might start auto-discharging in-flight and cause an emergency landing, or even worse, a crash!

Have you gone into the settings to verify that the quick discharging battery is set at the same rate as the other 2? I just did the FW update and plan to check it today. Thanks for the heads up!

Have you gone into the settings to verify that the quick discharging battery is set at the same rate as the other 2? I just did the FW update and plan to check it today. Thanks for the heads up!
On the mavic air 2 there is no setting to set the battery discharging rate, it is default by firmware and can't be changed in DJI Fly.

Hate to say it but it but that sounds like perhaps a bad battery. You might be able to see more information on it's condition with Airdata.

Reactions: Yaros
My apology for mixing up options on different models. I have one other and weird question. Do you know if the rapid discharging battery(for each of you) had the lowest charge when you updated the firmware? I ask because i catalog my batteries. So far i have charged all 3 batteries. Weather has turned bad so i am keeping an eye on the charge. Hoping for a test flight soon.

No test flight today due to inclement weather. My batteries have been charged for 1, 3.5, and 5 hours with no discharge. Not sure if this helps or not but i wish you luck figuring out what's going on.

Hate to say it but it but that sounds like perhaps a bad battery. You might be able to see more information on it's condition with Airdata.
On Airdata everything is fine with the battery, checked multiple flights.

My friend and I are experiencing a weird glitch with the auto-discharge feature on the Mavic Air 2 battery. One of my batteries, and one of my friend's batteries auto-discharges way too fast (by that I mean in a couple of hours after charging).
For me this started happening after the latest firmware update, and it is pretty concerning, it looks like the auto-discharge algorithm is out of sync somehow, not only it discharged my battery after only 30 minutes of being charged, it also discharged to lower than 25%. I'm concerned that it might start auto-discharging in-flight and cause an emergency landing, or even worse, a crash!

Which version of firmware? Latest is meaningless.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan