DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy a Phantom while I wait?

nomad33fw

Reactions
I owned another brand, one flew away and I sold the other. Waiting on the company to send a replacement for the one that flew away so right now I'm droneless.

So I have a Mavic Fly more on order from Carolina Drones but was thinking about picking up a P3 standard while I wait. They're on sale right now for $427.

What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Buying and flying a Standard while youre waiting for the Mavic to come is a great idea. Its like learning to drive a standard shift with no power steering or brakes while waiting for your R8 to get delivered. You will so much more appreciate the Mavic when you get it.

If you want to do any distance flying the P3 Advanced and above should be the minimum that you consider. Reason: LightBridge

Reactions: auen1
Saw the P3 Standard for $379 at Sams Club Fort Lauderdale yesterday. Probably really going to be steals on Black Friday.

Really don't need to learn to fly, the Mavic will be my 4th quad. Good to know about LightBridge, this will be my 1st DJI

What do you plan to do with the Standard after you get your Mavic?

I sold my Standard with extra battery the day after(Oct 14th)I ordered my Mavic for $400.I feel like an idiot for selling it now.I totally blame DJI for this though because they scammed us all lying about the release date.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

Don't feel bad, I sold my Yuneec Typhoon G the day before placing my order. I was under the impression the Mavic would come sometime towards the end of November. I have a manufacture replacement coming for a Q500 4K that flew away, but that's been delayed twice too.

There have to be a huge pile of negotiable deals on Phantoms from people that have sold and are selling in anticipation of the Mavic, I'd browse the classifieds (and for sale in this forum) for a second-hand P3P or even a P4.. There's probably a glut of second hand Phantoms to match the dearth of Mavics...

I am still looking for a P4 but being the cheap bastard that I am and spending $1100 on a never to be seen Mavic+extra battery I won't spend more then 800 clams for the P4.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Alex Baxter

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78