DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy iPad Min 4 or Keep 7 Plus

I used the 7 + but switched over to mini 4 cellular. Best decision I made. One thing i didn't like using my 7+ was the inevitable phone call or text. I didn't want to put my phone in airplane mode to avoid those situations

Hi supadad !
Started with the iPhone 7 Plus and now with the iPad mini 4 wifi and cellular. No doubt with the iPad you will have a better flying experience !

You won't regret it for sure ! You can see so well !! It's a greater pleasure to fly ! I won't fly again with my iPhone... too small... not enough confortable...

I encourage you to have a mount ! Check Thor's drone V3.

Some pics

aaf59b664f001b15dbbda3848008d015.jpg

c63a818a11c2b949acc2b1dc9a5c9860.jpg
3c9e2c245a6d346a4eb0fd988002db4d.jpg
420f46562cd3a6651f229b2f8cb9b8f4.jpg

Don't hesitate if you have question [emoji6]
What sunhood are you using? Nice setup btw.

Use the phone cellular connection as hotspot ?
Seems logical, I do it all the time with ipda when away.
Only downside is that drains phone battery a fair bit, does it drain ipad 4 battery too ?

It shouldn't be too much of a drain especially on the iPad and you can always attach the phone to a power pack.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I am all Apple. MacBook Pro for computer, iPhone 7+, iPad Pro (12.9" and 10.5").

Originally was using iPhone with my Phantom 3, but as another poster mentioned, inevitably I would get a call while flying. Bought a Samsung Android tablet at Costco for $140 for a little more screen space, but when I went from Phantom to Mavic it had a problem and wouldn't run DJI GO 4.

Returned the Android tablet (seemed to have crap a battery life anyway) and bit the bullet for an iPad Mini 4 w/cellular. For me the cellular version is important because it has gps, even if you don't set up cellular service, you get gps. I tether it to my iPhone for maps. Between government employee discount, the returned Samsung tablet, and reward points going the IPad mini only cost me another $150 or so out of pocket. Seems to be a far better experience than the Samsung tablet as for as screen appearance and app performance.

Phone is too small...

I'm just like TheLoneRider all Apple! Get the mini4 you will be very happy with your flights and all the other awesome stuff you can do with it! Butttttt I gotta say these DJI goggles are really awesome! Have fun with whatever you decide cuz flying these awesome toys is one of the coolest things we can do. I smile (or grin) like the geek I am every time I fly, this is so much fun and we really do have some amazing equipment that we are playing with. Just wait till they make it work even better than it does now! Woooooooo Hooooo fun

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1