DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy Mavic Now or Wait?

But at the end, is there really any need for a MP2? I find the Mavic so great that i really can't imagine paying $$ to get a new model.

But at the end, is there really any need for a MP2? I find the Mavic so great that i really can't imagine paying $$ to get a new model.

DJI (like many companies) has to keep freshening the line to stave off competitors. Eh ... well, not that anyone this price range is actually competing anymore... possibly why DJI aren't rushing out the next Mavic.

The sole "weak" point of the MP is the camera. Whether origin quality issues or just that it's too compromised for a 4K camera, a P4P class camera would make it a killer platform. And please DJI, make the camera filter friendly.

And?...satisfied?
No, not at all. Mavic lost connection with remote above my head and just crashed into a tree and I cant find it. Was offered 30% off Mavic as compensation but decided not to. If one can just crash next one can also.

No, not at all. Mavic lost connection with remote above my head and just crashed into a tree and I cant find it. Was offered 30% off Mavic as compensation but decided not to. If one can just crash next one can also.

Seriously?.You must be joking.....

I would like to see a optical zoom 1-3X camera on the Phantom or Mavic down the road. My buddy has the Inspire with Z3 optical zoom camera it turned out to be a super useful feature. I'm so jealous I don't have that feature on my Mavic every time We fly same location.

DJI (like many companies) has to keep freshening the line to stave off competitors. Eh ... well, not that anyone this price range is actually competing anymore... possibly why DJI aren't rushing out the next Mavic.

The sole "weak" point of the MP is the camera. Whether origin quality issues or just that it's too compromised for a 4K camera, a P4P class camera would make it a killer platform. And please DJI, make the camera filter friendly.

I agree but as you say a new MP is more a commercial need than a tech evolution, mostly because DJI is selling a so advanced product that totally destroyed competitors even now 1 year after release: just saw a review about the walkera vitus and.......well looks like there is still nothing close to the Mavic.
As for the camera, yes maybe, looks like a lot of people had some issues with it: but i have to say that i didn't and totally satisfied with it.
Cheers