DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy Mavic Now or Wait?

thefrisbee995

Reactions
Just posted asking about where I should buy a mavic but I always seem to buy tech then find a new model is out like the next **** month. Should I wait with this? I am in no rush what so ever...

There's always something better around the corner. I imagine Mavic 2 will have a better camera or more degrees of obstacle avoidance. Yuneec may refine their Typhoon H: smaller controller, better flight time etc. I would be so fast to preorder anything on the next go around. Equipment is only as good as the user.

Reactions: couver
There is always something around the corner mate. My advice, if you'd like it now get it.

There's always something better around the corner. I imagine Mavic 2 will have a better camera or more degrees of obstacle avoidance. Yuneec may refine their Typhoon H: smaller controller, better flight time etc. I would be so fast to preorder anything on the next go around. Equipment is only as good as the user.
I guess you're right. The only thing I really like about my P4P that I would miss in the mavic would be the rear and side avoidance.

I guess you're right. The only thing I really like about my P4P that I would miss in the mavic would be the rear and side avoidance.

I know alot of people (including me) who have both. Mavic for portability and P4P for better low light photography and obstacle avoidance.

I just got back from a 16 day tour of asia, and didnt even consider taking my P4P or P4 because of size and weight, but the Mavic fit easily into my backpack and was a breeze to carry around.

Reactions: Rbruz

I believe if I owned a P4P I might just wait for a bit. Perhaps you have a need for two. At the rate drone technology is advancing who can say what might be available when the next Mavic shows up.

This question is really about what you want. I had a P3P and sold it when I got my Mavic. If I had it to do again,.....there would be a P4P+ in a case. If portability is what you need,......get the Mavic. If you are looking for Stability and good video or Photo's,........keep looking and hold off.

I really don't think the mavics are in same class as phantoms the same as neither is in same class as the inspires. They all have a their own niche.
I like the collision avoidance, but this wouldnt affect any of my decisions to buy or not as I really don't fly in circumstances where it would be needed.

Reactions: Rbruz
why not just wait till the mavic 5 comes out in 2019?

Dude, you always make me smile.
thanks!
giphy.gif

I'm a drone newbie. It took me about 2 1/2 yrs to decide on a drone. As soon as I was about to make a decision, the mavic came out. I bought it. For the minimal times I will be able to use it, it is the one I decided will last me for quite a while. Unless I get stupid with it, which I don't plan to do. Lol

Reactions: Gp™
You have more chance of this hobby being limited by rules and regulations than the tech coming out to be honest. If I were you i'd get the drone you want now and enjoy flying it with relative freedom as thats going to change everywhere in 12-18 months i'm sure. I can see drones of the not to distant future being more heavily restricted speed, range and altitude wise due to them falling into the hands of complete and utter numpties. Enjoy it now bud, our kids wont be doing this as a recreational hobby thats for sure. Thumbswayup

I have been thinking about this for many years, I bought a Mavic last friday.

your prayers wil "hopefully " be answered in the next generation Mavic. I for one am waiting for these extras, as well as a gimbal less error prone and/or fragile.

This question is really about what you want. I had a P3P and sold it when I got my Mavic. If I had it to do again,.....there would be a P4P+ in a case. If portability is what you need,......get the Mavic. If you are looking for Stability and good video or Photo's,........keep looking and hold off.

If less motor noise ergo more "incognito" flying is in your wishlist, go Mavic again...[emoji6]

Reactions: domination
You have more chance of this hobby being limited by rules and regulations than the tech coming out to be honest. If I were you i'd get the drone you want now and enjoy flying it with relative freedom as thats going to change everywhere in 12-18 months i'm sure. I can see drones of the not to distant future being more heavily restricted speed, range and altitude wise due to them falling into the hands of complete and utter numpties. Enjoy it now bud, our kids wont be doing this as a recreational hobby thats for sure. Thumbswayup

Or don't buy any drone altogether, since these limitations will kill the free hobby while still under development .☹️

Reactions: domination
I'm on the fence right now on selling my P3P ahead of my upcoming trip to Hawaii. My concern is if I'll regret it because of the video and photo quality. The portability is the HUGE factory that I'm trying to sell myself on but I really only travel by airlines maybe once or twice a year but it would be alot easier to haul even on weekend road trips.....

decisions decisions.......LoL

Stay away from the H

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato