DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buyer beware....NEW MAVIC KNOCK-OFF PROPS ARRIVED

jkirk

Reactions
IMG_3267.JPG I guess it's probably my fault but I just received my order for the new "platinum" props. #8331F. Thought it was a good deal until I opened them and closely inspected the riveted axles holding the blades to the hub. Picture is worth a 1000 wds. The pic shown is (2 on top) of the new ones opened to view and the folded one is an original DJI. Look at the riveting penetration difference. Weren't even pushed through to complete the flattening off. Iam not even putting Mavic in the air with axle pins I probably can push out with a toothpick. Wasted 30 days trying to get something cheaper.....well I did! Back it goes! Brand is OUBAC 2017. $23.99 on Amaz

It happened to me as well with regular props. 3 different sets and different brands, same thing. Finally decided to purchase original Mavic Pro Platinum from DJI website. Please don’t trust in those cheap propellers specially when you are going to rely on something that keeps your bird up and running. Lesson learned. It’s like purchasing cheap tires for an expensive car... something like that.

Reactions: Prado man and jkirk
Your right and I shouldve known better.....Hopefully some other newby will learn from my error! Thx for advice.

Thanks for posting, for all the right reasons. Oh, almost forgot to be negative:" BAD, BAD, Jkird." Imagine rolled up newspaper in hand.

I bought cheapo Spark props a while back. Flew OK first few times, then the Spark started flying erratically. Flight logs didnt show any problems. As soon as I swapped to original DJI, it was fine. Never again.
I got my Alpine White Mavic Pro today. Comes 5 pairs of props, so that'll last me a while, so long as I fly carefully. :)

Reactions: jkirk
I bought cheapo Spark props a while back. Flew OK first few times, then the Spark started flying erratically. Flight logs didnt show any problems. As soon as I swapped to original DJI, it was fine. Never again.
I got my Alpine White Mavic Pro today. Comes 5 pairs of props, so that'll last me a while, so long as I fly carefully. :)
If you fly carefully, you'll still be on your first props after 100 hours of flying.

Reactions: Mellowamoya
Those are knock-off props... I will be editing your title to reflect that.
With any propulsion parts just buy OEM DJI parts. It is not worth saving $4 to lose $1000 quad.

Yes,this is disturbing.
Clones coming out of China can be nearly impossible to spot looking in every way like OEM.
Best protection is to purchase from only from an authorised dealer.

It happened to me as well with regular props. 3 different sets and different brands, same thing. Finally decided to purchase original Mavic Pro Platinum from DJI website. Please don’t trust in those cheap propellers specially when you are going to rely on something that keeps your bird up and running. Lesson learned. It’s like purchasing cheap tires for an expensive car... something like that.

That's a great example too. In retrospect Iam thinking, I don't take chances buying cheap ammo or with gun parts so why am I trying to risk a crash over a few bucks and that would really bum out the day! I could've walked up to a mangled Mavic, if I was lucky enough to recover it, and wonder where one of the blades went too. Glad I looked at them. I'd heard so much on this forum about the nylon prop keeps shearing off I think I was looking for quality on that when I saw the incomplete axle pin installations. I appreciate all the experienced people on this forum sharing. I can't even count the things I've read in a year concerning flying the MP that Iam sure has saved me from suffering total destruction.

Those are knock-off props... I will be editing your title to reflect that.
With any propulsion parts just buy OEM DJI parts. It is not worth saving $4 to lose $1000 quad.
Thank you for the edit....I should have put more thought into calling them what they really are. Great lessons on this forum...I love it!

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Last edited:
I grabbed some too. Very bad upon inspection.

I complained on ebay. So world change coming. ;)

I am always amazed at the consumer logic of buying off brand/knock-off props. The OEM are cheap enough and they are a very critical component. As a side note, I've owned my Mavic for well over a year and have NEVER change props. Though I just read that DJI recommends changing after 200 sorties. Not sure what defines a sortie (i.e. how many hours).

I am always amazed at the consumer logic of buying off brand/knock-off props. The OEM are cheap enough and they are a very critical component. As a side note, I've owned my Mavic for well over a year and have NEVER change props. Though I just read that DJI recommends changing after 200 sorties. Not sure what defines a sortie (i.e. how many hours).
Yea I think my decision to order from that particular "outfit" thru Amazon was the order turn around time. Not so much the savings. It promised an earlier delivery date. So I took the bait of instant gratification and paid the price of the hassle of the return process. Ended up with the real ones. Lesson learned!! I did a temp test of original props vs NEW platinum ones and sure enough on a 45deg aftnn the org props ran 4-5 degs cooler than the NEW ones. Also had gimble vibration warnings with new ones. Don't think I am comfortable with them. Back to originals for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000