DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a mavic air 2s

I have been searching online and saw that Alibaba is quite a cheap place to get DJI mavic.
Wondering if it is legit as prices are like too good to be true.
E.g Mini 3 pro with rc for only 700.
welcome to the forum ,well on the DJI store site they have the Mini 3 pro with the DJI RC for £669 ,and normally there are no shipping charges if you buy direct from them

one of the best things you can do is buy from a Retail store, that way if your drone is not perfect out of the box , you can make a quick move to replace it with another one.

If you get the Cheapest $500 alibaba one , you are in for a world of Hurt , time , expense, and run around to get another one replaced , and that is if it does not get lost in the mail or customs.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Hello from the Crossroads of America ET.99

Good luck on your future purchase wherever you get it from.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Have you heard the expression, "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is?" Most likely the case here.

welcome to the forum ,well on the DJI store site they have the Mini 3 pro with the DJI RC for £669 ,and normally there are no shipping charges if you buy direct from them
Welcome to the forum from Houston Texas. I believe this some really good advice.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

I have been searching online and saw that Alibaba is quite a cheap place to get DJI mavic.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

First off, I am in the USA and as such, I would not order from them if ony due to the distance, shipping times, customs, and the possible language barrier between what I say and what them might think I said, I would also be using Google Translate and it is not always correct…

For example, I might write, "my drone is broke." And it could mean two different things… One, "my drone does not work", it could also mean, "my drone has no money…"

Since you live in Singapore, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check to ensure these are current.

Even if you may have flown Drones before, here is some Good Old Fashion Advice…

You paid a lot of money for that Drone, put your phone number on it. If your drone gets lost or stuck in a tree and it finally comes down when you are not around, give the finders an opportunity to contact you so it can be returned.

Now, for the Fun Part, But do not let the excitement of the moment get the best of you. When you are going out to fly, do it slowly and deliberately. Get used to a set procedure and even practice it.

There are so many things I could write but these are the highlights that I feel need mentioning.

Plug in your phone/tablet into your controller; turn on the Controller and DJI Fly App (if it does not start on its own…). On the Drone, open the front legs, then open the back legs, then remove the Gimbal Cover.

The Gimbal is the most delicate item on the Drone and banging or bumping can damage it. I also fastened a short "Remove Before Flight" ribbon to the cover so it's more noticeable and I do not forget to remove it…

Turn on the drone and watch it come to "life." Watching the Gimbal go through its self-check is almost like watching a kitten or puppy opening its eyes for the first time…

Place the drone down (preferably on a Landing Pad) while it finishes its self-test (collecting satellites, etc…).

Check your battery status (Phone, Drone, and Controller), check the Signal Strength, by now the Controller should have reported it updated the Home Point.

Lift off, 4-5 feet (1-1/2 meters) or so, hover a bit, check the controls (move the drone a bit forward, back, left, right, yaw left and right). By now, your Controller will probably report again, Home point Updated.

If you go out in a rush and race thru your start up and take off before the drone has finished it prep, it may update its Home Point over that pond or that old tree you are flying over and in your excitement, you'll fly the drone long past it Low Battery point and when it engages Return to Home and lands in the pond or in a tree; it will be all on you…

Now go have fun, learn to fly the drone by sight before you try to fly it out a distance depending on the video feed, FPV.

I would also advise you to use YouTube and watch a lot of the Videos on flying and setting up the Drone. When it is too dark, too cold, or too wet, you can "fly it vicariously" through YouTube. Also watch some of the Blooper Drone Videos and learn how not to fly your "New Baby."

IF yo do buy the A2S, below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mavic Air 2s, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Greetings ET.99, welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia. I’ve often seen those Alibaba adds online, I was tempted once until I remembered the childhood stories about him and his mates all being theives.
Regards

I'll second or third buying from the company direct and beware of any lower price. I won't say that I like price fixing but quite a few companies engage in it and to me, it looks like DJI is one of them. When you see vendor after vendor after vendor selling an item for the same price, the fix is in. Garmin is another company that does it. So...if you see their merchandise for sale cheaper, something is up. And in my experience, they provide much better service and support when you buy direct from them.

Reactions: SeaPig and GFields
I won't say that I like price fixing but quite a few companies engage in it and to me, it looks like DJI is one of them. When you see vendor after vendor after vendor selling an item for the same price,

I do not have a problem with a company that sells a good product, that they stand behind, and will not tolerate their retailers playing the discount game, with each trying to undercut the competition. Yeah, I know it hurts the buyer that they cannot buy an item on sale or special priced for Black Friday, etc…

But I believe it also helps to keep the counterfeit items off the market… My Lawn care equipment, Leaf Blower, Weed Wacker, Chain Saw, and Hedge Trimmer are all built by Stihl and they've lasted for years and they do not allow any retailer to discount their products.

I had a problem with my Weed Wacker and it was an obvious Carburetor problem and Stihl gave me the option to return it a dealer for warranty repair or they would mail me the new carb and this was just two months shy of the 4-years warranty running out. I had them mail me the carb…

But what does bug me are the department stores that order their items with "store" specific Model numbers. To prevent Price matching from their competitors… For instance, Walmart, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Best Buy, etc… might carry the same item (a coffee maker for instance) and that coffee maker is exactly the same right down to the box color, BUT, the part number is slightly different, by just one number or letter, and you are not going to get a Price Match then.

I do not have a problem with a company that sells a good product, that they stand behind, and will not tolerate their retailers playing the discount game, with each trying to undercut the competition. Yeah, I know it hurts the buyer that they cannot buy an item on sale or special priced for Black Friday, etc…

But I believe it also helps to keep the counterfeit items off the market… My Lawn care equipment, Leaf Blower, Weed Wacker, Chain Saw, and Hedge Trimmer are all built by Stihl and they've lasted for years and they do not allow any retailer to discount their products.

I had a problem with my Weed Wacker and it was an obvious Carburetor problem and Stihl gave me the option to return it a dealer for warranty repair or they would mail me the new carb and this was just two months shy of the 4-years warranty running out. I had them mail me the carb…

But what does bug me are the department stores that order their items with "store" specific Model numbers. To prevent Price matching from their competitors… For instance, Walmart, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Best Buy, etc… might carry the same item (a coffee maker for instance) and that coffee maker is exactly the same right down to the box color, BUT, the part number is slightly different, by just one number or letter, and you are not going to get a Price Match then.

In the USA it's a crime, known specifically as 'price fixing'.

I actually bought a drone at such a price from a company like alibaba. I did it on purpose with a credit card . I knew if it was a scam I could just request the Credit Card company to deny payment and or reclaim the money I spent on a non-legit product.

Anyway, the product was no legit. I called the card company, got my money back and that was that.

So, do what you want. Just make sure your credit card offers a credit reimbursement if the product isn't what they say it is, defective, or they simply don't send anything.

If it is a legit drone, and it works, I would get care refresh on it immediately. Sometimes they sell them cheap because they know the product is damaged, but still works, well at least for a little while.

Do not be fooled by low ball prices. If I were to purchase a used drone I would look for as long as it takes for one to go on sale here on the forum. Also consider DJI Refurbished.

Dale
Miami

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98