DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying Mavic Overseas

jack7gardiner

Reactions
Hi,
I am from Australia and going to NYC at the end of the year for a few weeks holiday.
Just by looking at the DJI website in different countries, it is clear that the DJI Mavic Pro on the Australian website ($1600AUD) compared to the US site ($1239AUD) it is clear that the drone is drastically cheaper in the States.
If I buy the drone from the DJI website and get it delivered to where I am staying, will I be able to import it into Australia, and does anybody know if I will be covered under any sort of warranty, or just generally the pros and cons of buying overseas.
I am fairly new to the drone world, and was wondering the chances of receiving a 'dud' Mavic, as this might be a problem considering the short nature of the stay in NYC.
Finally, does anybody have any experience in the Camrise DJI Experience Store in NYC, I am considering buying there instead of the online store.
Thanks,
Jack

The warranty issue is that its regional - you'd need to ship it to the states to get a repair on it if needed (you might be able to get a paid repair in your region instead).
The pricing difference is crazy so i can see why people buy overseas. For example fly-more in the UK works out $500 more expensive than in the states for the same thing.
It was actually cheaper for me to fly to the US, stay a few nights, buy the mavic and fly back than it was to find a way to buy and get it sent to where i live.

Yeah that's what I guessed, the only real downside seems to be the returns policy / warranty issue.
Thanks for the response
J

Don't buy direct from DJI though... they're notoriously slow on delivery. If you'll be in NYC anyways, go to B&H Photo in person -- they're one of the biggest and cheapest places to buy. You can also order it from Amazon.

Hello Jack,
Did you manage to buy your drone overseas and bring it back to Australia?
I am looking to do a similar thing and trying to find info of any taxes and charges for the drone when returning to Australia. If you have any experience or insight into this I'd love you to share it.

Thanks
Emily

Hello Jack,
Did you manage to buy your drone overseas and bring it back to Australia?
I am looking to do a similar thing and trying to find info of any taxes and charges for the drone when returning to Australia. If you have any experience or insight into this I'd love you to share it.

Thanks
Emily
With the propellers removed, a Mavic looks like a car stereo amplifier or a random electronic module, both of which can be imported duty-free. The factory packaging could be mailed separately for anyone who is not averse to being vague on specifics now and then.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji