DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bypass height limit

Used the landing trick to fly above a 2300’ summit in the Santan Mountains near me... tricky , and you must have VLOS... just don’t power anything off when you land at distance... wait 10-20 seconds, then TO and the landing area is registered as zero altitude.. Then you have another 1600’ or so to climb. Just be sure, in the U.S., to stay within 400’ laterally to the mountain and below 400’ above the summit/high point.
Hey....

Just so I understand what you're saying....you're telling me that if "any" MA2 pilot can physically land at any point higher in elevation than where they originally launched from (full prop-stop landing but maintaining power) their altitude will zero itself out, allowing the aircraft to then climb AN ADDITIONAL 500m?

Hey....

Just so I understand what you're saying....you're telling me that if "any" MA2 pilot can physically land at any point higher in elevation than where they originally launched from (full prop-stop landing but maintaining power) their altitude will zero itself out, allowing the aircraft to then climb AN ADDITIONAL 500m?
Yes ... but
You have to find somewhere that's a safe landing point and where you would have a clear line of sight from where you are.
That's not always easy.
If you do that, your drone will also record a new home point, so in the event of a loss of signal event, that's the spot it would try to return to.

Reactions: KansasSkies21
For MP, you can do it with firware hack.
For M2, you can do it with hardware hack ( replace the core board ).
For Mini 2, there is no ways I am aware of.
Replacing the NLD core board on the M2 removes NFZ but not the altitude limitation. However, stay within the limits, there are good reasons for them to be in place.

Sometimes I go to this place where there are no aircraft at all. I wish they didn't have the altitude limit in this case.
Air sea rescue can send helicopters anywhere here.. who knows when and where they will be. Typically it's going to be places not really accessible. They will keep to the height limit the CAA set for all aircraft, till landing.

Used the landing trick to fly above a 2300’ summit in the Santan Mountains near me... tricky , and you must have VLOS... just don’t power anything off when you land at distance... wait 10-20 seconds, then TO and the landing area is registered as zero altitude.. Then you have another 1600’ or so to climb. Just be sure, in the U.S., to stay within 400’ laterally to the mountain and below 400’ above the summit/high point.
Perhaps in missing something here.. you can take off at the top of a mountain (2000ft) and still have 400ft left to go higher (here in the UK). what you cannot do is traverse much laterally from that peak because as the land drop down from the peak you start flying higher than the limit relative, vertically, to the ground it is above.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR