DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

C’mon case makers!

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’d like to sell my Mavic 3 with it’s case but soon I’ll cut the front out to fit my Mavic 3 Pro…I’m surprised that case makers don’t get mock-ups to allow them to get cases ready for new drones. And…how about some ND filters…DJI?

Reactions: vtcats
Back order on the filters but for the case, I prefer a backpack. I can fit more than one drone at a time.

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
Ideally I would like a case I can store my Mavic 3 Cine, Mavic 3 Pro, the now 7 batteries, RC controller, RC Pro controller and associated accessories in. I suspect that this is something I should just make with a Pelican case.

That way I can either take the whole case on a job and have backups or just grab what I need for the job and put it in a pack like I usually do.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Ideally I would like a case I can store my Mavic 3 Cine, Mavic 3 Pro, the now 7 batteries, RC controller, RC Pro controller and associated accessories in. I suspect that this is something I should just make with a Pelican case.

That way I can either take the whole case on a job and have backups or just grab what I need for the job and put it in a pack like I usually do.
Take a look at the Pelican 730…I currently have a DJI Mini Pro 3 with RC Pro controller, a Mavic 3 Pro Cine with RC Pro controller, a Sony A7iii SLR with 2 lens and a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet in mine. A charge hub and 4 batteries for each bird, asst cables and chargers, it all fits in a drop proof and waterproof case. I like the Pelican line since you can buy replacement foam and reconfigure the case if you change birds. ~$200 on Amazon

I’ve been using a Lowepro BP200 since my first Mavic. Some other backpacks are too large. But the BP200 is small enough to actually hike with. It holds my Mavic 3, a controller, two extra batteries, the charger, cords and an iPad.
Curious to see what backpacks some others are using.

Take a look at the Pelican 730…I currently have a DJI Mini Pro 3 with RC Pro controller, a Mavic 3 Pro Cine with RC Pro controller, a Sony A7iii SLR with 2 lens and a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet in mine. A charge hub and 4 batteries for each bird, asst cables and chargers, it all fits in a drop proof and waterproof case. I like the Pelican line since you can buy replacement foam and reconfigure the case if you change birds. ~$200 on Amazon

The problem I would have with all that shoved in one case is the weight. I prefer the smaller cases that hold the one drone and have a big lockable job box that it all fits in. Drones, back pack with DSLR and lots of extras. And most importantly, my safety vest. That vest quells people’s questions and they don’t bug you!

I forgot to close the tailgate of the truck one time and out the box rolled. It’s a tough thing and hardly had a scratch. The drones in theirs cases hard knew what happened😆😆😆

Having just sold my Mavic 2 Pro with its hard case and all the extras I won't be buying another tailored case just to have to replace it again, I've been considering the PELI pick n' pluck cases after seeing a leaflet about them at work. Also, I would rather have a Phantom 4 styrofoam type case (remember those?) instead of a shoulder bag which I never use.

I’d like to sell my Mavic 3 with it’s case but soon I’ll cut the front out to fit my Mavic 3 Pro…I’m surprised that case makers don’t get mock-ups to allow them to get cases ready for new drones. And…how about some ND filters…DJI?
I hear you. Maybe they were told the drones are the same size. More likely, DJI is simply not that forward looking and pretty much doesn't trust everyone to share. Ideally, M3Pro fitted cases should be selling...today. I like the bag so I'm cutting my case foam.

I did cut the foam in mine today - a Cynova Drone Backpack. I did note that the hinge points for the front propeller arms are mounted just a little farther back that the Mavic 3. The result is that the arms folded back stick out farther than the cutouts that were for the Mavic 3. If you are storing the Mavic 3 Pro with the nose protection in place and had tight cutouts on the sides you might need to modify the foam there as well. And of course the front needs a new notch:

DarthMaviccase2.jpg

My problem is I might not choose to sell my Mavic 3 so I do want a new case asap. I have several configurable camera backpacks that I could use but I don't find them as useful as a case all set up. My flying buddy uses his DJI case and loves is. Me? not so much. to each their own but for now...maybe I'll configure one of my camera backpacks.

My problem is I might not choose to sell my Mavic 3 so I do want a new case asap. I have several configurable camera backpacks that I could use but I don't find them as useful as a case all set up. My flying buddy uses his DJI case and loves is. Me? not so much. to each their own but for now...maybe I'll configure one of my camera backpacks.
With the gimbal guard bra in place, the "goods" are now fully protected and a microfiber cloth around the drone and the RC, separating them from the batteries, and any bag or backpack that fits them will now work. I use an old Autel EVO bag for my Mavic 3 with 3 extra batteries lying crosswise underneath on the bottom, the drone sideways across in the middle, and the RC Pro with sticks still attached, with caps on, to protect them on top. $32.

I'm hoping the Mavic 3 Pro will still fit. If not, I'll buy the slightly larger EVO 2 shoulder bag for $49.

Both bags have Nice pockets in front for microSD cards, extra props, and a lens cleaning brush. Belt straps in the back, and pockets on both sides for extra batteries or water bottles. Nice shoulder strap, too! Autel makes crappy drones but great bags for DJI drones! ;)

IMG_3386.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AtortPhotography
One important consideration regarding a case is to not buy the cheapest one. I am not an expert on the different grades of foam, but the cheaper versions degrade over a short time and become dusty which can get into the motors. I have found that the higher end cases don’t have this issue.

I’ve been using a Lowepro BP200 since my first Mavic. Some other backpacks are too large. But the BP200 is small enough to actually hike with. It holds my Mavic 3, a controller, two extra batteries, the charger, cords and an iPad.
I use a Lowepro ProTactic BP 450 AW II. It’s about 25L and is used to hold my Mavic 3 and Avata along with batteries and controllers. I use the RC Pro for the Mavic and the FPV Controller 2 along with the Motion Controller 2 with the Avata which can now also control the Mavic. It’s a large ish bag but I still feel like it could be better organized since I am using all of the space. My Mini 3 Pro used to be in the bag too but I have been keeping it in it Fly More case in a different bag that goes with me daily.

I modified my Nanuk 925 Mavic 3 case to fit the Mavic 3 Pro. Just had to trim a little from where the upper motors sit when folded... fits great.

Attachments

• IMG_3309.jpeg
    IMG_3309.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: AlanL
Cynova makes a killer backpack for the Mavic 3 but not the Pro yet…I just put my 3 Pro in a camera bag and carrying my Mavic 3 pack too.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998