DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

cables/tech organizers

beeflyin

Reactions
Have MA2, M2Pro, field monitor and camera. How do you guys keep all the cables etc organized? Do you have a case for each individual type thing? Just trying to get more organized in the New Year and looking for ideas.

Mate I have a hard case for each of my drones (4 off) and I keep a large plastic pencil case in each one with all the appropriate cables. Used to have only one case, got caught out on a job left the cables in the wrong case. Won’t happen again.
Regards

I use different sizes of these depending on the drone. I can fit the appropriately sized case( based on prop length) along with a tablet mount inside of the stock drone bag for each drone and treat each as a seperate 'go bag'.
Tuff Tainer® - Double Deep https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B001DRM...abc_TW28QQY6N9G8VV8Q7EA0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I can keep all the different accoutrement organized. With the included inserts I can bracket out the props from the cables, spare control sticks and so on.

Reactions: Gagey52
I keep 2 controller-specific cables in each hard case for each drone and camera that I use (I'm using both Apple and Android for redundancy). I have to hike to locations sometimes, and for that I use smaller, semi-soft packable cases for the drones. Drone backpacks are a joke, I use something to fit me better, with hydration bladders. Even so, I keep the drones in hard cases for transport and storage. The hard cases only contain items specific to the camera/drone, nothing else.

I'm not always in the field with a drone, but I'm always using some kind of tech, so I have a 'ditty bag' with complete cables and charge blocks for every single device I use (*redundancy*). I nest a smaller bag within the bigger one. The smaller bag houses smaller items that are more job specific. I have to change vehicles and backpacks too, so I always remember to grab the bag for any kind of outing, on the job or personal travel.

The inside of the bags are not organized themselves. It's actually a mess. In the middle of work, I often have to pack up quickly at the end of the day. What that really means is I'm throwing everything in the bag, knowing I'll sort it out later before the next mission. There's really nothing to sort, other than moving a case cable back to where it belongs. It's more about taking inventory to make sure everything is in the bag for the next go round.

I use these:

Amazon.com: Eagle Creek Pack-It Isolate Sac Set S/M/L : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

In addition to cables and blocks, the main bag contains the 'holy' SD card case, a power bank (20K mAh), small phone/Sony RX100 tripod, pencil, lenspen, camera tripod mount adapters, SD card readers, USB adapters, MacBook hub, and a small memo book (rite in rain/moleskine).

Reactions: Gagey52
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78