DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibration

Fieldsy

Reactions
Hi
Does anyone know why have to recalibrate the compass on my mavic air every time I go out to fly it much obliged for any help
Thanks Neil

Pay attention to where you are and see what is around you. If there is anything metallic around where you are trying to set up and take off from, you could get a compass error or a notice to calibrate your compass. Sometimes you don't even know that there is metal around, for instance a side walk could have some rebar in it, and that may cause an error. Compass recalibration each time you fly isn't a bad thing though, many people do it at the beginning of a series of flights at a single location, especially if you have traveled a long distance from your last flight.

I have noticed that the air seems to be a touch more sensitive on compass issues than any of the other DJI ac that I have. A few times, I have had to deal with it’s tenderness.

Reactions: Fieldsy
Pay attention to where you are and see what is around you. If there is anything metallic around where you are trying to set up and take off from, you could get a compass error or a notice to calibrate your compass. Sometimes you don't even know that there is metal around, for instance a side walk could have some rebar in it, and that may cause an error. Compass recalibration each time you fly isn't a bad thing though, many people do it at the beginning of a series of flights at a single location, especially if you have traveled a long distance from your last flight.
Many thanks for the advice I shall take note next time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure