DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calif. tourist fined $20K for out-of-control drone that landed at airport in Las Vegas flight in 2018

And, needless to say - you don't want to be facing ATTI mode for the first time in surface Class B airspace less than a couple of miles from a major international airport., with the wind blowing in that direction.
Newbie here (From California)
How do you force? ATTI mode on the DJI Mini 2 to practice flying in ATTI mode?

Regarding to thus case, I wonder if these people - like the guy in the story (I refuse to call them RPICs)- do even understand, what are the rules for. The fines seem to be absurd, but not so much once one thinks it through and consider even the worst cases. A drone unexpectedly landing at an airport actually can take down a jet liner, no matter how inprobable it sounds. There are several critical moments during landing, when the jet liner is extremely vulnerable and a collision with drone can prove fatal. I don't even mention smaller aircrafts, which are even more vulnerable given by their size and so on.
Simply, taking into account all the risks, $20 000 is nothing compared to the potential consequences of this showcase of stupidity.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje