DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Disconnected in flight

Fuzzyreticle

Reactions
Took my Mavic out for a flight today. It was maybe 500m away and lost video and got "camera disconnected" warning. Was able to fly it back and land it. Shut off everything and swapped batteries. Flew again and didn't have a repeat. This is in a wide open area in the mountains of Colorado. Clear day.

This is the second time this has happened. It was scary this time because it was over water! If kept recording the entire time.

Did a firmware update last night to latest version and that was successful. Did compass calibration before flight and made sure gimbal cover was removed.

Any ideas? Change cable? I'm using the micro USB to apple lighting on the side of the remote. Should I go USB to lighting?

Was using iphone6s with latest update also.

Has me freaked out a little.

Get rid of the small cable on the side and use a USB cable connected to the bottom of the RC. Micro USB or lightning will be fine.

I had the same issue. Started after about 6-7 flights. Instant Panick mode. But after a few calming beers and reading other members suggestions I went to AT&T today and bought a new cord (type C I think for my LG G5) an so far the issue has cleared up. Flown 2 batteries worth and knock on wood all good so far. Cheap fix($20) and if that doesn't work you always have an extra cord. Good luck

as long as the remote is still connected you could always hit the RTH button, I have to ask is there a reason why you guys didn't hit the RTH button?

I had the same thing happen twice. All the recommended checks were done and I always have extra cables around even a new one in the package then I know for sure it hasn’t been used? The one thing I had different was I was using the DJI goggles on the second incident and both the iPad Pro and the goggles went black screen, after the first scare I kept my cool and the RTH did get it back ok. I was however making some adjustments during the flight and I was hovering about 1/4 mile away and 150ft ish, and when I was moving through some of the basic settings with the goggles is when the screens went black so I returned it home restarted everything and done a update on my iPad and I have flown about 15 flights since the last incident with good luck but I always keep in mind that these things can happen at any time? I did ck my flight logs and in 50hr3min, 1,224,092ft and 348 flights I have had this happen twice so just what is acceptable in this hobby? I’m also open to any suggestions.

The one thing that bothers me the most is that the two black screens happened in the last 40 flights and with the constant firmware upgrading sometimes I feel like I upgrade more than I fly? After all what is a firmware upgrade, a improvement of a correction of the latest possible induced problem?

I have flown r/c airplanes for years, heavy scale military warbirds to scale r/c jets w/turbine waiver, and as far as I’m concerned there is nothing as fun and in depth as the drones made today so I’m sure it will only get better. I’m very much sold on the DJI products and all the drones I’ve flown in my opinion they are the best on the public market so I’m sure all the updates are for a good reason.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d