DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

camera gimbal obstruction restarting (gimbal overloaded) help pls

andyczech

Reactions
I fly around 10times and after i get message gimbal obstruction and i tried it calibrate sometimes it do. But usually it don't start calibrating. I try IMU and compass then was successful but cant take off. after restart same problem. I tried give down 2 bumper to make space and it calibrate first time(funny). I see a lot of post around bumpers problems that cause hitting plate around gimbal. i make video
first video and second out door flying
between this i calibrate it around 3 times like here
i think there is just problem with start gimbal. if it slow maybe it work or push more to front?

any crash and gimbal move smoothly you can see in video and sometimes it shows remove clamps but they aren't there. i can take pic but with fast shutter.

Check that your gimbal is seated properly. See more details about that in this thread.

Reactions: jointeffort
i read it all sides have this post. i check them with pic from others and it is ok because i get gimbal calibration successful(but only 3 times(one after gimbal bumper removed and one before :)

take pics maybe help

Attachments

• IMG_20161120_184810.jpg
    IMG_20161120_184810.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20161120_184824.jpg
    IMG_20161120_184824.jpg
    714.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20161120_184853.jpg
    IMG_20161120_184853.jpg
    624.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20161120_185044.jpg
    IMG_20161120_185044.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20161120_185126.jpg
    IMG_20161120_185126.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20161120_185151.jpg
    IMG_20161120_185151.jpg
    822.5 KB · Views: 126
I don't see anything that appears to be out of place in your photos.

yes that is true all fine i think it is just software a lot of people have same problem.

Same problem for me, after 9/10 fly... RMA started... I must ship to dji for repair.....

same problem for me, i found online that someone said turn on machine and start up when its up side down and it worked for me, i flew once, gimbal was fine but now it says vision system error, tells me send to DJI wtf, love some more info on this and hopefully a hardware update can fix before i send back

Last edited:
I've got a similar problem my camera ain't working but the gimbal moves around. Aircraft motor overloaded message comes up. Need some help

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I've got a similar problem my camera ain't working but the gimbal moves around. Aircraft motor overloaded message comes up. Need some help

I had this issue start yesterday - like you I found prior threads. I tried all of the tricks shown in various YouTube videos. None of that mattered. I'm using my DJI Refresh service and starting the repair process. Very frustrating problem.

Reactions: sham

Exact same issue. DJI support said to restore to factory settings. I did several times and did not solve problem. Now DJI wants me to send in for repair.

Reactions: klangford and sham
Sending it back for repair, don't think there is a solution for our problem.

Any news? I sent mine and they quoted me ridiculous.
131e27cea4db05286bdaaf5f8331bd9d.jpg

Seems pretty clear you should select refresh!

Yes that would be my choice. However, customer support via chat told me that this was a hardware issue and more than likely would not need to use refresh since the unit is under warranty. That being said, I have disputed the repair quote and
DJI will now "re-*****" the unit. They claim this will take 48 hours.

Yes that would be my choice. However, customer support via chat told me that this was a hardware issue and more than likely would not need to use refresh since the unit is under warranty. That being said, I have disputed the repair quote and
DJI will now "re-*****" the unit. They claim this will take 48 hours.
Pretty confusing. Good luck either way!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke