DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Lens Required?

ccoltmanm

Reactions
I went out tonight to fly a little and realized I had my ND16 filter on. Pictures came out dark, obviously.

I had the stock lens in my hotel room, and wondered if I could just fly with no lens on the Pro. I didn’t because I just got the thing, but I want to know if any of you have, and what your experience was. Thoughts?

Let's say that the original Mavic 2 Pro filter (hasselblad logo) is a simple neutral UV filter so technically flying without that at night is possible! however there is the risk that something during the flight can fly in and ruin the lens of the cam forever!

Reactions: Coskier and Turn11
Let's say that the original Mavic 2 Pro filter (hasselblad logo) is a simple neutral UV filter so technically flying without that at night is possible! however there is the risk that something during the flight can fly in and ruin the lens of the cam forever!

That’s what I was thinking too. What would be better at night, the stock filter or a cpl?

That’s what I was thinking too. What would be better at night, the stock filter or a cpl?

I think Polar Pro or one of the other companies has a filter for night shots. Basically removing the orange and yellow of lights.

I saw a Youtube video on it. I just use the stock the UV filter that came with the drone.

I think Polar Pro or one of the other companies has a filter for night shots. Basically removing the orange and yellow of lights.

I saw a Youtube video on it. I just use the stock the UV filter that came with the drone.

Post that video. I’d love to find one. Checked the PolarPro site to no avail.

IMHO not good to fly with nothing over the lens. As mentioned, the stock UV filter is a MINIMUM. If anything hits the lens and damages the lens or you can't clean it the financial ramification will not be good.

Image 1 is with the standard Mavic 2 Pro lens. Image 2 is with the Freewell Night Filter. I left the settings at auto on the M2P to simulate the difference between the two. No editing was done other than converting it from RAW to JPEG to post.

Im not sure what I think at this point. I haven't had time to make any adjustments and spend some time with it. The horizon is a bit sharper. Take a look at the Houston skyline which is 15 miles as the crow flies from my house exactly. I would assume that tweaks between the M2P settings and photoshop, one could get a different range or clarity with this filter. Your thoughts?

04 02 19_0395 Original.jpg

04 02 19_0396 Freewell.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph