DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera not working with DroneDeploy.

Wilhelm

Reactions
Here is a strange problem for anyone who might be able to help.
I downloaded the DD app. Started the Mavic, started the DJI app, checked for any issues, after no issues I closed the DJI app. Started the DD app and all went well but the Camera box stayed unchecked. Went back to my DJI app and now the check tells me the image sensor is disabled. I tried is several times and end up with the same issues. In DJI app all OK. DD app tells me camera is not working. Back to DJI app it now tells me image sensor is disabled. Any one with similar problems?
Thanks.

Reactions: TechD77
Hello I am also having this problem. I started the trial a few weeks ago, 1st 2 missions worked fine. Since then the checklist always fails on the camera saying "test photo failed" if I "fly anyway" there are no photos after the mission completes. I'm running the latest firmware on my mavic, IOS 11.2 on my Ipad and the latest version of DD from the App Store. I've also confirmed that my SD ram card is "type 10" as recommended. I can fly via the Go App which takes pictures and videos without any problems and records them on my SD Ram card.

I have the same problem. Follows the flight path properly then returns without photographs. Any offers?

See this thread on the Drone Deploy Forum:

App won't recognize camera during preflight check

Per the forum community manager:

Hi all,

On Nov 23, 2017 DJI released a firmware update for the Mavic Pro (v01.04.0100) which was followed by a small number of reports that our camera check fails every time during the takeoff checklist. We are in contact with DJI regarding the issue. There is a workaround that may help some of those experiencing the issue:

1. Navigate to the plan you are flying and toggle off Advanced > "Focus Set by DroneDeploy" (to ensure proper focus please use DJI to set before mission)
  2. Restart your Mavic Pro and controller
It is our current understanding that there isn't much that can be done about the issue on the DroneDeploy side, but we are working with DJI to bring about a resolution.

Thank you all again for your patience and cooperation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo